Can anybody explain to me why privat cues cost gold?

InsaneQR.7412

Mean it's not ranked, does not give any rewards except dailies.

I have a tiny ass guild that wants to level its guildhall and we hate PvP as PvErs.We thought playing together against eachother might be more fun than fighting strangers but we have a timely restricted time that costs gold to play together.Seriously? It's not even a number if matches its a number of days that counts down. Due to RL we cannot play each day so the 30 day countdown is highly insufficient to gather daily pvp potions.

Has anyone a clue why these restrictions were put onto privat/custom matches? It honestly puzzles me.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:Mean it's not ranked, does not give any rewards except dailies.

I have a tiny kitten guild that wants to level its guildhall and we hate PvP as PvErs.We thought playing together against eachother might be more fun than fighting strangers but we have a timely restricted time that costs gold to play together.Seriously? It's not even a number if matches its a number of days that counts down. Due to RL we cannot play each day so the 30 day countdown is highly insufficient to gather daily pvp potions.

Has anyone a clue why these restrictions were put onto privat/custom matches? It honestly puzzles me.

There's probably a limited pool of space for arenas / Anet doesnt want hotjoin flooded with a sea of arenas that would be one and done or never used, so they allow them to expire so only people who can bother to upkeep will.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

@InsaneQR.7412 said:Mean it's not ranked, does not give any rewards except dailies.

I have a tiny kitten guild that wants to level its guildhall and we hate PvP as PvErs.We thought playing together against eachother might be more fun than fighting strangers but we have a timely restricted time that costs gold to play together.Seriously? It's not even a number if matches its a number of days that counts down. Due to RL we cannot play each day so the 30 day countdown is highly insufficient to gather daily pvp potions.

There's probably a limited pool of space for arenas / Anet doesnt want hotjoin flooded with a sea of arenas that would be one and done or never used, so they allow them to expire so only people who can bother to upkeep will.

They could just make it like an instanced option you could choose with your squad without making it public.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

They could just make it like an instanced option you could choose with your squad without making it public.

why would they do that? PVP matches are usually 5v5s, in customs even more. It would be easier to just set up a room and then organize that way. That way bans are more enforceable and you dont have to remove everyone from an instance to restructure or reset.

also keep in mind that there would be, if that was allowed, numerous instances of 1v1 rooms. It might have become a performance issue.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

This is a great idea.

I would prefer if the arena was bound to a guild hall upgrade.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

As long as no one is in them, aren't they just entries in a database?

@Crystal Black.8190 said:I would prefer if the arena was bound to a guild hall upgrade.

Forget any guild hall bound ideas. Guild halls as an instance was a bad implemented idea that only the one who owns it enjoys.

@Vieux P.1238 said:

@Crystal Black.8190 said:I would prefer if the arena was bound to a guild hall upgrade.

Forget any guild hall bound ideas. Guild halls as an instance was a bad implemented idea that only the one who owns it enjoys.

Since you need other players to play with or against anyway I see no problem with binding them to guilds.

@Crystal Black.8190 said:

Since you need other players to play with or against anyway I see no problem with binding them to guilds.

awwwww maybe becuz nobody goes into guildhall's & it's as empty as 3/4 of the WvW servers!

When custom arenas were first added to the game, they were quite popular for a variety of reasons. Over time, the community evolved and, like most software, custom arenas didn't change much.

So the main reason they are the way that they are: because they've (nearly) always cost that much. It would cost ANet something to change them (and figure out what) than it does to leave them alone.

It would make arenas way more usable if they returned the way to obtain them by playing PvP. There was a time when you could earn them by playing. I am not sure if they were part of reward tracks or part of the old ranked reward system.Adding them to the ranked reward chests or as rewards in reward tracks instead of or in addition for example tomes or something else would feel better. If you and a few others regularly play PvP you can maintain a arena.

I have nearly 800 pots if you want to buy some.Msg me if you want.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

Our guild is pretty much out of money.We are from EU server.I may come back to this offer if we get a bit more fluid with gold.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

Our guild is pretty much out of money.We are from EU server.I may come back to this offer if we get a bit more fluid with gold.

Ouch, Im NA

@sephiroth.4217 said:

Ouch, Im NA

Still think there should be something like a guild section of the trading company where you could trade stuff like potions, loaded Quarz crystals and other pain in the ass gathering material but you have to pay with guild bank and its guild bound so it's only available for crafting and you would need the guild leaders permission.

But whatever I get off topic.

No prob that you are NA atleast you tried.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

Ouch, Im NA

Still think there should be something like a guild section of the trading company where you could trade stuff like potions, loaded Quarz crystals and other pain in the kitten gathering material but you have to pay with guild bank and its guild bound so it's only available for crafting and you would need the guild leaders permission.

But whatever I get off topic.

No prob that you are NA atleast you tried.

I would love to be able sell mine on the trading post. For now they're just sitting there waiting for a reward track I haven't finished 100 times already so to speak.

@Vieux P.1238 said:

awwwww maybe becuz nobody goes into guildhall's & it's as empty as 3/4 of the WvW servers!

I used to use it for 1v1s with guildmates, but pve balance ruins it

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@InsaneQR.7412 said:Our guild is pretty much out of money.We are from EU server.I may come back to this offer if we get a bit more fluid with gold.

Ouch, Im NA

Why does the region matter? People can belong to the same guild regardless and donate to the guild. The only thing you can't do is play with or against each other.