What I'll Like to see in Next Week Balance Patch

Ouk.5914

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ZhouX.8742 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:Not my video but I like 90% of what I hear.

TLDR:

Remove the Evade on Bull's Rush.

Anet can do whatever they want to Rampage -- It's a broken skill. But if they remove evade on Bulls, it will be removed from the Meta. Anybody with an eye for interrupts (everybody P2+ who isn't carried by class) will shut Warrior down.

I even argue that with no rampage, warrior will STILL fall from the meta. It's quite literally boosted by that one skill.

Even without rampage you'll still have 10k Arcing Slices and Whirlwind Blades.

Defense Spellbreaker was never bad either. It just got power crept over with the buffs to strength and physicals. It's easier to 2 shot someone than to wear them down with modest but consistent 4k crits (Full Counter Damage Nerf did not help and was the wrong direction to take spellbreaker). Plus with double Balanced Stance and the ability to chain 28 seconds of resistance you're a good match for the new Chaotic Interruption Mirages running around.

Spellbreaker was meta long before they were running Rampage or Bull's Rush and they did fine.

When SPB was meta before using Rampage & Rush, they hadn't had multiple heavyhanded nerfs. Defense spellbreaker is fine. I'm good at it, and have several videos wrecking people with it. But discipline is more skillful. Discipline is what dies with a bulls rush nerf.

" Spellbreaker was meta long before they were running Rampage or Bull's Rush and they did fine. "

It had noticeable busted things though that carried it and were nerfed over time outside of needing bull's charge and rampage though... Core was it's duel counter in this time lol

Had different amulets, different meta classes, balance has happened since, and spellbreaker itself received noticeable nerfs in full counter (pretty much what carried it before nerfs).

The only thing about Spellbreaker that has changes were either buffs to other warrior things and Full Counter getting it's damage nerfed. That's it.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

TLDR:

Anet can do whatever they want to Rampage -- It's a broken skill. But if they remove evade on Bulls, it will be removed from the Meta. Anybody with an eye for interrupts (everybody P2+ who isn't carried by class) will shut Warrior down.

I even argue that with no rampage, warrior will STILL fall from the meta. It's quite literally boosted by that one skill.

Defense Spellbreaker was never bad either. It just got power crept over with the buffs to strength and physicals. It's easier to 2 shot someone than to wear them down with modest but consistent 4k crits (Full Counter Damage Nerf did not help and was the wrong direction to take spellbreaker). Plus with double Balanced Stance and the ability to chain 28 seconds of resistance you're a good match for the new Chaotic Interruption Mirages running around.

Spellbreaker was meta long before they were running Rampage or Bull's Rush and they did fine.

When SPB was meta before using Rampage & Rush, they hadn't had multiple heavyhanded nerfs. Defense spellbreaker is fine. I'm good at it, and have several videos wrecking people with it. But discipline is more skillful. Discipline is what dies with a bulls rush nerf.

" Spellbreaker was meta long before they were running Rampage or Bull's Rush and they did fine. "

It had noticeable busted things though that carried it and were nerfed over time outside of needing bull's charge and rampage though... Core was it's duel counter in this time lol

Had different amulets, different meta classes, balance has happened since, and spellbreaker itself received noticeable nerfs in full counter (pretty much what carried it before nerfs).

The only thing about Spellbreaker that has changes were either buffs to other warrior things and Full Counter getting it's damage nerfed. That's it.

Yes, you repeated what I said. But you left out the other things I mentioned. When you balance, it isn't just Nerf X or Y from a class and then start clapping. There's outside variables to take into consideration too most importantly that metas shift outside of Spellbreaker because other things are being balanced around SB too.

Spellbreaker may have never even seen a nerf at all, but might have it's stance changed just because a lot of outside variables have changed too.

But to confirm the point, "that's it" is making it out like Full Counter wasn't the reason Spellbreaker didn't need Rampage and Bull's Charge before, when it performed over the top because of Full Counter (and everybody's newness to it has an impact as well).

FC Nerfs:

December 11, 2018

The damage applied by this skill in competitive modes has been reduced from 75% of PvE to 25% of PvE. Its daze duration in competitive game modes has been increased to 1.5 seconds.

March 27, 2018

Reduced damage by 14% in PvP and WvW.

November 07, 2017

Increased recharge from 8 seconds to 12 seconds in PvP and WvW only.

October 17, 2017

Fixed a bug in which this ability gained the damage bonus from Revenge Counter twice.

The base damage of this ability has been reduced by 12.5% in PvP and WvW only.

--

Also:

1. forceful greatsword was nerfed 10% dmg -> 120 power .
  2. Megabane tether was nerfed
  3. Featherfoot grace CD increased by 10 sec(s)
  4. Aura Slicer increased cooldown 6 -> 8
  5. Break enchantment reduction of damage by 50%
  6. Stun reduction in disrupting stab
  7. dagger auto attack 15% dmg reduction

I mean, the list can go actually go on.. This is just from 2 patches, yet you claim only FC was nerfed.

2-7 were the same patch Rampage got buffed... Will SB get those back after Rampage is nerfed? People only see one side of the picture in balance. Nerf this, be done with it when you don't even follow the class and understand what actually has been nerfed to compensate for a Rampage change to begin with.

What would SB get in compensation for a Bull's Charge nerf or Rampage nerf?

From this it might look like I'm defending Rampage... I'm not, it's overtuned and needs some nerfs but what will they get back that was lost in return for having that elite be in a functional state, regardless if it's overtuned or not?

@mortrialus.3062 said:

TLDR:

Arcing slice doesn't hit anywhere near 10k anymore. It hasn't for quite a while. And GS 3 is very unreliable as a direct damage dealer.

In a perfect world, with zerker ammy and every possible multiplier active on crit it's hard to break 9k.

But this is not a perfect world. Nearly everything has protection among other ways to mitigate a highly telegraphed skill like arcing slice. Not to mention most strength Spellbreakers are running demolishers and marauders which take a noticable dive in dps.

@Mbelch.9028 is right imho, and this is what i've been trying to tell you and other people for the longest time. It's just rampage holding the class up.

Why bother handicapping myself to playing defense when the old GS-D/Sh defense build isn't even relevant enough to be counted "good" on metabattle? Why bother making myself super squishy to play strength when the only setup for damage is a highly telegraphed, now interruptable melee skill? Why bother tacking on terrible utilities to build for max resistance when resistance is hardly even relevant? Direct cleanse > resistance; not to mention the vast majority of damage right now is power anyway.

You could play Scrapper and have an objectively better bunker side-noder than defense Spellbreaker. You could play Soulbeast, Holo, or Herald and have objectively better damage and sustain than you would playing Strength Spellbreaker. Not to mention unblockables, ports, Stab, condi cleanse, and ranged options that base Spellbreaker just doesn't have.

Heck, Rampage; the supposed ace up Warrior's sleeve, isn't even exclusive to Warrior. Holo and Scrapper can take the exact same skill and get it at a longer duration than a Warrior would. They actually have more rampage uptime and a lower CD than defense warriors, and the average meta Holo has Excessive Energy, with which they can easily have the same 10% damage multiplier Strength Warrior gets from peak performance.

If you're removing the evade frames on Bull's Charge just because it evades and does damage at once, then in all fairness a lot of Rev, Ranger, and Mesmer skills should be changed to do the same. That, or just leave classes like Warrior alone. We need some standard for what is balanced after all.

@"mortrialus.3062" said:Not my video but I like 90% of what I hear.

TLDR:

Gear:Remove Sigil of Agility. (I ESPECIALLY agree with this. kitten near every build is running this now. It's approaching 100% usage on builds)Nerf the condition conversion on Rune of Leadership down to just cleanse.

Revenant:Increase Death Strike Cast Time.Increase Death Strike Cool Down.Reduce the Radius on Shiro F2 on Herald.Make Notoriety either Might Augmentation or Might Acquisition instead of being two traits in one.

Warrior:Rampage cooldown needs to go back up though not back to the old 180s cooldown.Remove the Evade on Bull's Rush.

Guardian:Judges Intervention: Slightly increase cooldown.Symbol of Blades: Slightly increase the cooldown.Spear of Justice, either increase the cast time or decrease the projectile velocity.

Mesmer:Reduce Bleed on Phantasmal Duelist.Remove Bounce from Magic Bullet.Mantra of Distraction: Up the count recharge.Illusionary Counter (Scepter 2): The counter on the block becomes a projectile.The Prestige (Torch 4): Reduce stealth by 1 second.Phantasmal Warlock: Remove one of the Phantasms on Staff 3.False Oasis: Increase the cast time up to 1s.

Elementalist:Add a small cast time to Primordial Stance to increase the counter play to it.Twist of Fate: Increase the Count Cooldown.Trim the evade frames on Riptide.Trim the evade frames on Earthen Vortex.

Necromancer:Oppressive Collapse: Add a line of sight requirement.Bigger telegraph on Spinal Shivers.

Ranger:Point Blank Shot: Longbow 4 should not be a CC at longer range. At medium range it should be a daze. It should only be a knockback at close range.Counterattack: The block duration should be trimmed from 3s down to 2s.Unstoppable Union: Remove the Unblockable.Zephyr's Speed: Reduce the super speed up time on Lesser Quickening Zephyr from 3s down to 1s.Halve the Range of either Greatsword Swoop or Beastmode Swoop.

Thief:Daggerstorm: Remove the Trick classification from it to prevent Double Casting Daggerstorms.Dancing Dagger: Lower the damage on Dagger 4.

Engineer:Overcharge Shot: Add a slight cast or lower the velocity of the projectile.Trim the stab from the first pulse of Corona Burst.Heavily cull the stealth on Toss Elixir S down from 6 seconds traited to 3 seconds traited.Holographic Shockwave: Reduce the radius.

I largely agree with these. There's more changes I'd like to see.

I like WP. He does really good GW2 content. But his balance suggestions are always off. Most of this stuff he suggested was off. Like, he goes on guardian, leaves FB, which most definitely is out performing, then nerfs core?

@ZhouX.8742 said:

TLDR:

Yes, you repeated what I said. But you left out the other things I mentioned. When you balance, it isn't just Nerf X or Y from a class and then start clapping. There's outside variables to take into consideration too most importantly that metas shift outside of Spellbreaker because other things are being balanced around SB too.

Spellbreaker may have never even seen a nerf at all, but might have it's stance changed just because a lot of outside variables have changed too.

But to confirm the point, "that's it" is making it out like Full Counter wasn't the reason Spellbreaker didn't need Rampage and Bull's Charge before, when it performed over the top because of Full Counter (and everybody's newness to it has an impact as well).

FC Nerfs:

December 11, 2018

The damage applied by this skill in competitive modes has been reduced from 75% of PvE to 25% of PvE. Its daze duration in competitive game modes has been increased to 1.5 seconds.

March 27, 2018

Reduced damage by 14% in PvP and WvW.

November 07, 2017

Increased recharge from 8 seconds to 12 seconds in PvP and WvW only.

October 17, 2017

Fixed a bug in which this ability gained the damage bonus from Revenge Counter twice.

The base damage of this ability has been reduced by 12.5% in PvP and WvW only.

--

Also:
  1. forceful greatsword was nerfed 10% dmg -> 120 power .
  2. Megabane tether was nerfed
  3. Featherfoot grace CD increased by 10 sec(s)
  4. Aura Slicer increased cooldown 6 -> 8
  5. Break enchantment reduction of damage by 50%
  6. Stun reduction in disrupting stab
  7. dagger auto attack 15% dmg reduction

I mean, the list can go actually go on.. This is just from 2 patches, yet you claim only FC was nerfed.

2-7 were the same patch Rampage got buffed... Will SB get those back after Rampage is nerfed? People only see one side of the picture in balance. Nerf this, be done with it when you don't even follow the class and understand what actually has been nerfed to compensate for a Rampage change to begin with.

What would SB get in compensation for a Bull's Charge nerf or Rampage nerf?

From this it might look like I'm defending Rampage... I'm not, it's overtuned and needs some nerfs but what will they get back that was lost in return for having that elite be in a functional state, regardless if it's overtuned or not?

Not sure what you were saying to me in your first quote, but I agree with your reply to the Mirage.

If Thief is not removed from the game; do not expect any healthy positive change.

If Anet Does Not Remove The Root Of Toxicity>Thief, Same Toxic Balancing Continues

I will dedicate 99% of my devotion to others and than move on

End Of Story!!

--(no you can not have my stuff, i rather trash them as the same way Anet treat loyals and dedicated players who put up 8 years of the same Kitten with false hope to turn the game into a healthy positive challenging game--

No more years will be added to this Toxic game if it does not happen

DELETE THIEF or Redesign Them or Increase Their Initiative Costs Across The Board At The Maximal

(At this moment; there are far too many gaming companies who are putting forth their best effort in keeping their game healthy and competitive and are refusing to not give up when they fail. Why should i pretend this game is doing the same? Not Anymore. I've had it and No; I Am Not Drunk. Just Exhausted)

If this 'balance' patch fail to address the root cause of problems in the game including tackling Toxicity at its root; its Final For Me

Bye Bye Toxic Wars 2

Enough Is Enough!!

Guild Wars 2

@Ouk.5914 said:

@youle.5824 said:Lol i play na , and you kitten hard, scrapper is far from being poplular sidenoder in high plat xD cmon be honest about your true rating. Every descent player player knows how to counter scrapper by now. And the heal turret nerf ... man thats stupid, nerfing core engi cause holo has too much sustain... genius ,fyi heat loss on dodge is the actual reason for the crazy sustain with holos.

You May see the same Specs In plat2-plat3. Fire Weaver/Warrior/Scrapper and Condi Mirage. Scrapper Gets played A lot more then weaver and Warriors for a side node in Na.

Bullshit, i rank na everyday in plat 2-3 and for every ten war or chaotic mirage ill barely see one scrapper on sides

@Ouk.5914 said:

@Ouk.5914 said:

@Syclantus.4621 said:Not gonna lie I thought this was a meme thread when you said scrapper was no.1 side noder

it's close to unkillable and super easy to pick up. If you honestly don't think it's number 1 side noder then cool.

A scrapper will lose node / any fight to a warrior lol. There's a reason it's basically not present in any match at P2+.

what region you play in?

I'm plat 2 on my alt account and P3 on my Main account. Scrapper gets played In Na in almost every level of division possible.

Knights Amulet and Mortor Kit prevents the scrapper from dying to the warrior 1vs1. It's a stall match up and Even outside of Rank Most monthly Teams are running side node scrapper because of how good it is from holding a node/ out sustaining 1vs X on node.

Nerfs shouldn't be based on JUST rank. It should be Based on Both Rank and Monthly tournament Comps depending on how it's doing over all. If the Spec is over performing then theirs an issue over all with it.

Like I seriously can't believe you said it's not Present in P2+ matches lol.

Am plat 2 in EU lol. It's more skillful on average here at this levelEdit: just noticed that youle posted that he sees one scrapper for every 10 warr/ CI and imo he's absolutely correct