In addition to various tempest improvements, this update includes a major change in how core elemental specialization lines work. The weapon-cooldown traits are being merged into the grandmaster minor traits for the four primary elemental lines. Previously, the cooldown trait and other available options were mutually exclusive, and its nature of letting you use abilities more frequently tended to crowd out those alternatives. By folding this functionality into a minor trait, we are recognizing that taking an elemental specialization represents an investment in that element's skills. The traits that used to host the cooldown reductions have each been adjusted to account for these changes.
- Overload Air: Increased damage of the Static Charge effect provided by this skill by 20%. Fixed a bug that prevented Electric Discharge from firing.
- Earthen Blast: Increased the number of targets from 3 to 5. Fixed an incorrect damage tooltip and added a missing tooltip for Combat Only.
- Electric Discharge: Added a missing tooltip for Combat Only.
- Sunspot: Fixed an incorrect damage tooltip.
- Tempest Overload Skills: Casting these skills now triggers the traits Sunspot, Healing Ripple, Electric Discharge, or Earthen Blast, depending on the element.
Pyromancer's Training: This trait has been moved to the grandmaster minor slot, and its functionality has changed. It now reduces recharge on fire weapon skills by 20% and causes the
elementalist to deal 10% increased damage to burning foes.
Burning Rage: This trait has moved to the master tier as a major trait, and its functionality has changed. It now grants +180 condition damage and augments the attack from the Sunspot
minor trait to have 60 additional range and apply 2 stacks of burning for 5 seconds.
Aquamancer's Training: This trait has been moved to the grandmaster minor slot, and its functionality has changed. It now reduces recharge on water weapon skills by 20% and increases healing to other allies by 15%.
- Aquatic Benevolence: This trait has been removed, and its functionality has been combined with Aquamancer's Training.
- Flow like Water: This new trait takes the slot previously occupied by Aquamancer's Training and increases damage dealt by 10% while the elementalist is above 75% health. Additionally, it heals the elementalist when they block or evade an attack. The healing effect has a 10-second cooldown.
- Piercing Shards: This trait now grants half its 20% bonus damage to vulnerable foes when not attuned to water. The full bonus damage is still applied while attuned to water.
- Aeromancer's Training: This trait has been moved to the grandmaster minor slot, and its functionality has changed. It now reduces recharge on air weapon skills by 20% and grants 150 ferocity. The ferocity bonus is doubled while attuned to air.
- Raging Storm: This trait has been moved to the master tier as a major trait, and it has a new icon. The ferocity bonus granted by this trait has been reduced from 240 to 180.
- Geomancer's Training: This trait has been moved to the grandmaster minor slot, and its functionality has changed. It now reduces recharge on earth weapon skills by 20% and reduces incoming damage by 10% from foes within a range of 360.
- Geomancer's Defense: This trait has been removed, and its functionality has been combined with Geomancer's Training.
- Strength of Stone: In addition to its previous effects, this trait now also causes the elementalist to inflict 3 stacks of bleeding for 10 seconds when immobilizing a foe.
- Earthen Blessing: This new trait takes the slot previously occupied by Geomancer's Training. It reduces the duration of movement-impairing conditions by 33% and grants 10 endurance whenever the elementalist is affected by one of these conditions.
- Burning Precision: Increased burning duration from 2 seconds to 3 seconds.
- Primordial Stance: Reduced ammo recharge time from 25 seconds to 20 seconds.
- Swift Revenge: Increased bonus damage from 7% to 10%.
I remember a lot of these being mentioned in "concerns about ele" thread and I'm happy about these. Certainly heading the right direction with this patch.
The only thing I dont understand is addition of burning rage as condi trait in master tier (there's already a condi trait there which gives very similar effect). On the other side, condi weaver in pve is the next top benchmark potential.
Deso's favorite FROG
Master of afk and kiting
The God of Pips and Gud Deeps