Upcoming Balance Notes

Shatter Skills: Mesmers who are using the chronomancer specialization now receive new shatters that replace the four core shatters. Chronomancer shatters require at least 1 clone to activate, and unlike core shatters they do not replicate the shatter effect on the mesmer.

really? Chronomancer shatters require at least 1 clone to activate, and unlike core shatters they do not replicate the shatter effect on the mesmer. REally? How is that supposed to work in WvW? ArenaNet devs, do you realize, that clones are cleaved down almost instantly? Especially if the clones do not get access to Mirage Cloak?

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i am not surprised by the lack of clues for scrapper.

In short: We trade synergies with our most common role in wvw, powerful utility like detection pulse, removal of all the actually useful traits for:

experimental but pointless traits, -3000 hp on a melee class and a worse (i can barely believe it) function gyro.

So you did it i suppose, heal scrapper is more or less pointless and actively hurts you now. You know the role it was actually used in on a large scale. And you made it a melee dps? If only we had another spec for that...

Were you one of those thieves trying to jump us heal scrappers as we were making our way back to the squad and who refused to realize you aren't just gonna stab us to death with that toothpick? Is that why you are so cross?

Otherwise if this is not just petty revenge this is not just simply tossing the baby out with the bathwater, its loading the baby very deliberately into a big canon and firing it out the window. And keeping the bathwater.

The rampage nerf on toughness doesnt make sense in the slightests bit. Warris dont use it for the armor gain,they dont use it as a defensive tool. They use it as a hard cc lock whereafter ul get hit with 10k auto's. Ramp needs a nerf in damage,not on toughness. It wont change a damn thing. When a warri pops rampage the other guy is most likely taking distance or just applying imob/condi's ( If he has any ). Where a power guy would simply stay out of range untill ramp is done. Completely meaningless change.

Also 50% added damage on Headbutt if stabi gets removed ? Do you even play this game Anet ? Im already able to do 10 - 12k with headbutt with hardly any might and not yet even being in berserk mode. Thats gonna be minimum 15k now wherafter you still can land your 3x 20k gs burst.. Just lmao anet. LMAO.

Balancing was always a joke in this game though,but damn some changes made me think youre just completely disconnected with how things work in this game.

Glad that SB got nerfed, sadly that weakness spam still in play oh wellEle nerf was also deserved tbh that damage is bs high, no class should 1-2 shot defensive builds let alone offensive onesGuard got some love which is great, LB DH needs more attention but I guess something better than nothingOn rev why nerf impossible odds and sword skills at the same time?

Overall its a decent patch

@Caedmon.6798 said:The rampage nerf on toughness doesnt make sense in the slightests bit. Warris dont use it for the armor gain,they dont use it as a defensive tool. They use it as a hard cc lock whereafter ul get hit with 10k auto's. Ramp needs a nerf in damage,not on toughness. It wont change a kitten thing. When a warri pops rampage the other guy is most likely taking distance or just applying imob/condi's ( If he has any ). Where a power guy would simply stay out of range untill ramp is done. Completely meaningless change.

Also 50% added damage on Headbutt if stabi gets removed ? Do you even play this game Anet ? Im already able to do 10 - 12k with headbutt with hardly any might and not yet even being in berserk mode. Thats gonna be minimum 15k now wherafter you still can land your 3x 20k gs burst.. Just lmao anet. LMAO.

Balancing was always a joke in this game though,but kitten some changes made me think youre just completely disconnected with how things work in this game.I’m pretty certain it was a typo as Rampage hasn’t provided toughness in years. We will most likely see their massive health gain decrease when in Rampage form.

@phokus.8934 said:

@Caedmon.6798 said:The rampage nerf on toughness doesnt make sense in the slightests bit. Warris dont use it for the armor gain,they dont use it as a defensive tool. They use it as a hard cc lock whereafter ul get hit with 10k auto's. Ramp needs a nerf in damage,not on toughness. It wont change a kitten thing. When a warri pops rampage the other guy is most likely taking distance or just applying imob/condi's ( If he has any ). Where a power guy would simply stay out of range untill ramp is done. Completely meaningless change.

Balancing was always a joke in this game though,but kitten some changes made me think youre just completely disconnected with how things work in this game.I’m pretty certain it was a typo as Rampage hasn’t provided toughness in years. We will most likely see their massive health gain decrease when in Rampage form.

Ramp actually does increase your armor by around 900.

Edit: 1k

Necromancer

Soul Eater: This trait no longer heals while shroud life force replaces health.

Excuse you Anet, I dont think you put much thought on this one, reaper uses shroud as a mean to survive when their red life ran out, allowing being healed while in shroud will help the reaper to get back into the fight, mind you that you cant be healed by allies like druid and fb while in shroud, so if you are low on health and then enter shroud ((((((cant be healed by any means except the tiny vampiric traits that heal like 300 health but noone would even run them on dps build)))))), you then exit shroud with the low health stay the same, get smashed, I believe you got this backwards anet, here is how you do it right: Remove heal when not in shroud and allowing heal while in shroud. As for the concept of a soul eater, the reaper enters a demonic form that continuously ripping life from nearby foes just so much better, how can you eat someones soul when you are in normal form like a puny human or a cutie charr??????

@Agrios.9071 said:Elementalist gets yet again a massive nerf despite not beeing meta anywhere but in pve.

For WvW this class already was very much subobtimal. Staff-Weaver only brings damage while Herald and Scourge alreadydid nearly as much damage while offering alot of support and other utility.

Lol. A well played weaver will outdps any class by several miles right now

wow, what can I do now as Ranger in WvW zerg fights without unblockables? I will kill my own team without unblockables. Make them even more useless now in zerg fights. And I'm not a roamer, I only play ranger and I only play in zerg fights, that's what keeps me in this game. And after this patch I will be total useless.... Can't do shit anymore against all the reflect shields etc.

@Nimon.7840 said:

@Agrios.9071 said:Elementalist gets yet again a massive nerf despite not beeing meta anywhere but in pve.

For WvW this class already was very much subobtimal. Staff-Weaver only brings damage while Herald and Scourge alreadydid nearly as much damage while offering alot of support and other utility.

Yes. Right now.Needing to choose between two ferocity traits + having self applied fury where we used to be able to have all 3 at once, and losing 10% fire damage, I fear will kill the usefulness of staff weaver. All it ever had was insane Zerg-breaking damage. Take that away and what do you have? A shitty scourge/rev that adds nothing of value to a group comp other than damage that other classes can provide.

I’m still so irritated by this. Sure my fire sw/d weaver build is gonna be unstoppable after this but you still killed my favourite thing to do in this game - dropping dank meteor showers ;__;

@Nimon.7840 said:

(Talking about WvW only here)A well played Herald is rather close to a well played Weaver unless the enemys are standing in your meteor for its full duration.However Herald offers alot more to the team then Weaver. You also can not stack Weaver as easily in a team composition asyou can stack Herald.Weaver gets significantly worse the less people are present in the fight, for guild fights it is not good sinceMeteor can be avoided easily.

Many Commanders already dont want Weavers in their squad and only take the ones that get Top DPS consistently.

@Nimon.7840 said:

Ele will probably be great with condi in PvE, but in WvW staff gets even further nerfed. Wouldn't be surprising if it disappeared from zergs at this point. Staff was already nerfed too much a few patches ago.

@senki.1046 said:wow, what can I do now as Ranger in WvW zerg fights without unblockables? I will kill my own team without unblockables. Make them even more useless now in zerg fights. And I'm not a roamer, I only play ranger and I only play in zerg fights, that's what keeps me in this game. And after this patch I will be total useless.... Can't do kitten anymore against all the reflect shields etc.

At least barrage is a bit better now I guess? But really, with heralds and scourges running around it will barely matter. Don't worry, staff weavers are probably joining your non-zerg club soon B)

I perfectly understand that skills and lore are two distinct things but... how in the fuck does the lore support thieves getting portals? This is not just a technical change. It completely modifies what little lore there is on shadow magic, because it implies that shadowstep isn't a simple, selfish skill, but only a fraction of a greater range of movement spells tied to shadows. This is just typical, ANet completely changing the lore for the sake of convenience, though admittedly it isn't as big an asspull as why skyscales exist.

As of now after quickly reading the next 'balance' patch. i'm near 80% leaving this game. Thief the longest running Toxic profession since Guild Wars 2 beta. It is the sole Profession who is responsible for spreading Toxicity in the game to the professions including its players. Your solution? Reward Thief??

Instead of punishing all Toxic profession across the board Equally without rewards; you instead reward the sole profession who is responsible for it?

Shouldn't balance show favor to healthy competition?? So than...Why show favor to Toxicity and reward it**

Anet once again; you Intentionally refused to deal with the root cause of Toxicity. A strong reminder; There Are No Partial Remedy To Toxicity, Either Deal With Its Roots Cause As A Whole Or Continue To Face Its Wrath and its severe consequences

Rewarding The Root Cause Of Toxicity Is A Grave Mistake That Will Be Regretful. It will negatively cost the game including its players severely

Once again; you are encouraging and promoting Toxicity by showing favor to it and rewarding its root cause

Very Disappointed and Disgust

Preparations will function in a similar fashion to trap abilities, but they will not fire unless the thief chooses to trigger them. Each preparation will have a radius of 240 and will produce a variety of results, including the introduction of a portal-type utility that can ferry allies to a location.

I really much like this, I like to feel more useful =)

I'm just back in the game and as every time I come back I love the new surprises that I find and I just wanted to check the forum for like my first time and I see this, it's amazing that everyone is working hard to keep things lively and fun, thanks for your work <3

well its not an amazing or awesome balance patch but i liked it - it was better than I was expecting.loved the change to chrono to make it more unique - mirages should get some rework in that sense tooliked the small thief tweaksliked the nerf on sic'em and unblockablesliked the holo adjustments

dont like ele buffs - it was needed but Fire Weaver and Bunker Weaver were already pretty annoying... lets see how this goesdont like the rampage nerf - it still super strong when you use it and engineers can still lower the CD through their dodge, the damage should've been reduced at least 10% imo

would love to see some nerf to FB+Scourge synergy in pvpand im curious to see how scrapper will play with these changes

its a decent step on the right direction i guess... but we need much more

As a pvp core necro main:

Glad to see deathshroud is finally getting some modernizing, even if mostly with just cooldowns. Now on to feedback:

1. Dark Path - you're not addressing the elephant in the room. The skill's dysmal cast time and projectile velocity. In it's current interation the skill simply gets outranged by enemy by just running away, unless you were close to them from the start. No dashes, blinks, dodges, just pressing W when facing away from necro...And now it can be screwed over by terrain? No matter how strong a skill is, it's useless if you cannot land it in the first place...

*2. Cooldown reductions on Life Transfer and Tainted Shackles** - a step in the right direction seeing how ofen elites can use their shroud skills. It's still far from making core shroud right, but it's finally a start.