Elementalist is in an awkward situation in wvw (blobing)

len.7809

-10% damage global damage while attuned to fire-150 power because we are going air instead of fire

• 60 ferocity for Raging Storm+180 condition damage
  • 150 all round ferocity - 30 (compared to before) while attuned to air
  • 3% swiftness

So it's -10% damage -150 power VS +3% damage +60 ferocity +180 condition damage unless I am missing something. Not to mention that the skills in air are worse than fire anyways.

In my eyes it's a nerf for staff ele. Not to mention you need to double tune air in order to get elementals of rage, since your are not double tuning fire. They messed up the rotation entirely.

@Agrios.9071 said:

@steki.1478 said:If only people could realise that it's only nerf while camping fire, but big buff while in air attunement. It's not even a big nerf considering that weaver got a small buff and you don't need to run cantrip heal anymore.

You are technically not wrong but currently for staff over 95% of the dmg is done by fire skills. All other attunements do not offer anything meaningfulto use and would need a complete rework. Most of the Dual Skills are projectile based and all Staff auto attacks are also projectiles and apart of thestaff fire auto attack they are all complete garbage.

Fire skills that do damage over time, during which you can also camp air. I did this even before patch and the difference wasnt even noticeable compared to camping fire for most duration.

Considering that none of the meta builds were touched, weaver position is pretty much the same.