Your PvP Gamemode Ideas

Hey there,There are basically 2 (or 3 if we count ATs) distinct PvP gamemodes in Guild Wars 2. Ranked has actually only 1 gamemode which is playing around and capturing points spread across map. Unranked PvP has two major gamemodes which are: Conquest (point capture) and Stronghold (tower-defense inspired).Some people say that it's too little, since we had Point Capture since release and Stronghold came with HoT in 2015.

I would love to see some suggestions as to what new gamemodes would you see in GW2 PvP. What would be your favorite and why so? I'd appreciate any information!

So, what are your ideas?

The usual types. CTF, 2 point conquest or KotH, team deathmatch, 1,2,3 person arena, etc. There are so many different gamemodes in online games you could make them as creative as you want as long as they are fun. I wouldnt care too much about making them balanced enough for ranked play, each gamemode would probably have its own meta builds.

In my experience, map design can make or break a game. Even if a particular gamemode doesnt seem too interesting or compelling, having an amazing map for it can make all the difference.

2v2 death match.

Cart push like OW

CTF might be fun IF the maps are designed well enough, allow for teleports and portals with flag but doesn’t break the game. Maybe a mechanic up upgrade defenses. Class specific mechanics might also be cool.

Or a Dota like, that separates the players so that they start early game jousting in lanes, but culminates to a team fight phase that asks for players to stay together.

CTF would be a lot of fun as long as proper steps were added for the flag bearer.(there would need to be a significant nerf to porting with regards to distance if flag bearer can use portals)

Cart Push would be Cool (Dolyak Push?)

King of the Hill would be a lot of fun.One giant capture point in the middle, first team to hold it for a combined total of 5 minutes wins.Emphasis on one giant capture point so 1 aoe doesn't cover the whole thing. Maybe 3 times the size of the current capture points?

5v5v5, one objective Hall of Heroes style. Capture the point, keep the hero alive that spawns on the point to maintain it for yourelf and defend against other attackers. If your Hero is killed, then you lose the point and the ones who landed the last hit gain the point and Spawn their own Hero. First to 200 points wins.Competitive fun in the making.