HoT masteries in the Grove?

That's just an idea, what if we had bouncing mushrooms and updrafts in the Grove? Perhaps even a few Nuhoc Wallows? How about one or two ley lines to glide over? Oarkheart essences? The Grove is basically built like HoT maps, 3 levels with a very dense atmosphere. Not to mention it's very much related to Mordremoth...I think it could create a really fun ambiance to add a few HoT masteries in there.

...Thermal tubes in Hoebrak?

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:I like this idea. In fact, I think it would be a good idea to scatter them around in the core maps also where it would be fun to use them. It would give them a use besides just in the new maps and would encourage people to buy HoT, just like seeing mounts in core maps inspires people to buy PoF.

Ehh i don't know, in Grove? Yes! In any where else other than Heart of Maguuma? No....i prefer they stay in where they are.

@Ultramex.1506 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:I like this idea. In fact, I think it would be a good idea to scatter them around in the core maps also where it would be fun to use them. It would give them a use besides just in the new maps and would encourage people to buy HoT, just like seeing mounts in core maps inspires people to buy PoF.

Ehh i don't know, in Grove? Yes! In any where else other than Heart of Maguuma? No....i prefer they stay in where they are.

How about mounts then? Only in PoF areas?If no, what exactly is the difference?

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

Well you can't spawn those mushroom/vine out of no where whenever you like, that is the differenceI prefer they stay in Hot map since it make them more unique but griffon/springer/skyscale kinda make them redundant

@Ultramex.1506 said:

Well you can't spawn those mushroom/vine out of no where whenever you like, that is the differenceI prefer they stay in Hot map since it make them more unique but griffon/springer/skyscale kinda make them redundant

So you’re saying they could put in something that looked different but functioned the same and it would be ok as long as it works with the lore.

They already have jump pads in core maps that are functionally the same as the mushrooms. They launch players high in the air and if you have gliding you can use them to glide. In addition, some events in core maps have had updrafts added which function during the event. This means they can add more updrafts and more jump pads and you shouldn’t have a problem with them.

So you’re saying they could put in something that looked different but functioned the same and it would be ok as long as it works with the lore.

They already have jump pads in core maps that are functionally the same as the mushrooms. They launch players high in the air and if you have gliding you can use them to glide. In addition, some events in core maps have had updrafts added which function during the event. This means they can add more updrafts and more jump pads and you shouldn’t have a problem with them.

Not really about the lore, HoT maps were made with these masteries in mind, now i remember about jump pads in core maps so why need mushroom? There aren't that many hard to reach places if none. Updraft during events? Better it's event only 'cause you are grounded most of the time in core map. Only Oakheart's Essence can work in core map but one more thing new player can't use them until they reach level 80 then go to HoT and LWS 3 to grind for mastery.

@Ultramex.1506 said:

Not really about the lore, HoT maps were made with these masteries in mind, now i remember about jump pads in core maps so why need mushroom? There aren't that many hard to reach places if none.

I do believe we were talking about fun, not need. So more jump pads in fun places should be fine.

Updraft during events? Better it's event only 'cause you are grounded most of the time in core map.

They have them already in core maps so your objection is about the numbers and possibly time they’re available. That part is player preference. Since they improve gliding, which is a HoT mastery useable in core maps, then they would be a fun addition and my preference is for more to be added.

Only Oakheart's Essence can work in core map but one more thing new player can't use them until they reach level 80 then go to HoT and LWS 3 to grind for mastery.

Unless of course they add something that is functionally the same but doesn’t require a mastery, the way jump pads are functionally the same as mushrooms, have a number of them in core maps and don’t require a mastery.

Again, your argument boils down to player preference only and my player preference would like them added.

Not really about the lore, HoT maps were made with these masteries in mind, now i remember about jump pads in core maps so why need mushroom? There aren't that many hard to reach places if none.

I do believe we were talking about fun, not need. So more jump pads in fun places should be fine.

Updraft during events? Better it's event only 'cause you are grounded most of the time in core map.

They have them already in core maps so your objection is about the numbers and possibly time they’re available. That part is player preference. Since they improve gliding, which is a HoT mastery useable in core maps, then they would be a fun addition and my preference is for more to be added.

Only Oakheart's Essence can work in core map but one more thing new player can't use them until they reach level 80 then go to HoT and LWS 3 to grind for mastery.

Unless of course they add something that is functionally the same but doesn’t require a mastery, the way jump pads are functionally the same as mushrooms, have a number of them in core maps and don’t require a mastery.

Again, your argument boils down to player preference only and my player preference would like them added.

Alright, let's agree to disagree.