Upcoming Balance Notes

From a PvE player i want to know if you even play Reaper in Fractals CM or even Raids? As a necro main was always a struggle to play necro in raids/fractals. And when i was happy cause i can heal myself and sustain a little more, after a few ''dps'' buffs i was able to play Reaper on fractals cause on Raids it's still bad. But i was happy.

I even ask myself who ppl gonna play WvW and PvP with Reapers cause since Scourge release Reaper is just bad. The only way you could play Reaper and be good it's on openworld and doing story. I just want to play with my necro on raids or fractals, it's too much ? The only time i was able to play necro you nerfed epidemic. Too broken tbh. It's Ok.Fractals and Raid: - Reaper Ehm. No scholar, need to stay until full health then shroud, bad dps compare to other classes.

• Condi Scourge? Not good but can epi and share some barrier. Good for Desmina. So we can kill golem. That's all.
  • Healing Scourge? We can share barrier but that's all. Lots of Barrier. Not saying it's bad, cause it's a good second healer.Just my opinion. I just want to play my main classe like i play with other ones it some end content like fractals and raids.

Chrono change? I'm sick after reading that change. First Chaos Chrono, 11 boons? Ok i agree, fair nerf. Signet after that. Signet again. Now? Less Aegis, less sustain, less party plays. Let's me thing about new F4 CS. Supp chrono already bad at dpsing and giving boons (Firebrand Renegade ftw and big dps).Now even in fractals you gonna share boons properly cause you can't use CS before grab MistLock. Cause you can't grab while in combat and even if you can do it, you need clones.Let us see whats missing from Chronomancer so we can change the class a bit every patch. Till Chrono full rework .
And pls make CS F5.

Soulbeast - > I don't play PvP and WvW so i can't talk about it .I like that condi get a buff. I really like it. Good job !

Thief -> I'm glad i can play condi thief again. Hope so.

Enginner? Gonna wait and see that changes cause Holo isn't meta even Fractals or Raids, i was praying for a little buff and this happens. Kinda sad

Elementalist? Make Staff meta again. Or playable.

Guardian too strong. In so many ways, DPS, Healer, Quickbrand.We can even go fractals with 2 DH, Quickbrand, Firebrand healer, and one renegade to some alacrity.I still like guardian, but kinda sad every class gets erase by him.

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Lilyanna.9361 said:SO WE ARE GONNA NERF ELE DAMAGE AGAIN ANET? REALLY?

IM DONE. I AM DELETING THE CLASS. NO MORE GEMS. DONE. FINISHED.

lol

Well, for me the only consolation that I get from this huge nerf to Scrapper is that I am glad I delayed my gem purchase.

I started playing Support Scrapper only recently and I have been testing her skills in WvW for about a week now. She is geared only in exotic armour and after a week of testing in WvW, I really enjoyed playing this class. So I decided to craft Grandmaster Marks for her ascended gears.

And as always, I am low on gold but I am prepared to buy gem and convert them to gold despite gold is expensive now. Then, the patch note came. Thank goodness : D Who in their right mind would still want to spend real money gearing a profession when that class is going to be gutted real bad in three days time? Thanks ANet!

My perspective is PvE and WvW (usually roaming and small groups), but I think of the changes in terms of WvW more than PvE.

Ele: Yay Fresh Air Weaver is coming back. Also might see more 1-shot builds.

Scrapper Engi: Impact Savant reducing vitality? Since that is a minor trait, is that a scrapper-permanent decrease or only when you have a barrier up? Anybody know the numbers trade off of healing power needed to offset the health loss?

Guard: SWING YO BIG THANG ROUND AND ROUND!

Chrono Mes: Smash buttons ≠ win? Might be a good thing.

Necro: Still not going to play core necro even with the good changes. Sad to see just a Soul Eater nerf with nothing to balance it out. Also, does anybody ever use the Death trait line anymore?

Ranger: And I thought the real problem was boonbeast. Well, that's all we're going to see now for the next couple of months!

Rev: will we see condi rev make a comeback? Still no love for Renegade; reboot and restart?

Thief: Stealth Wars Episode II: The Return of the Spawn Gank Now With Full Party Skywalkers! Also, RIP dagger condi thieves.

Berserker Warrior: It tastes like....BURNING!

@"Fir.7932" said:Firebrand is like the strongest support class in the game right now. The only thing that could at least compete with it was Chrono, so what does Anet balance team do? Yeah rework Chrono again and gutt him even more. Great work everyone. And nerfing Holosmith which was already barely holding any space in DPS meta? Yeah another amazing move. Let's just sit and wait while our meta will slowly change to raid squads and Fractal groups made of Guard healers, Guard supports and Guard DPS =) Oh and one Alacrity rev, for Alacrity you know.

It seems to me, that you are just trying to delete Chronomancers from the game. Let's just think about how Chrono can benefit the group. He can give quickness BUT Firebrand does it better, He can give aegis (which is going to be pain in the kitten after this balance), but Firebrand does it way better, He could give alot of other boons like stability, but not anymore, while Firebrand still can and he can do it while healing or putting out way higher dmg. Well at least chrono still has Alacrity, but revenant can still do it better. Well, mesmers have still portal, how unique is that? Oh wait.... But hey. You gave healing on the Wells, that was briliant move, such a live saver having a healing at the end of those small tiny circles. =)

They're known to look at how much peoples use certain skills and classes and since PVE-endgame (Read: raids) have a huge emphasis on their PVE-related balance decisions, you might be able to see why they're still nerfing chrono. (btw, the reason is same as why they also keep striking the druid further and further)Did you guess? drum roll badumtshhh Because everyone STILL requires tank chrono and off-chrono for quickness and alacrity and druid as main healer (and either 2nd druid or heal-scourge as 2nd healer). Kitty raids a LOT, all with pugs, and she still sees double-chrono in at least 95% of squads and at least one druid in about 97-98% of squads. She's quite often offered her heal or condi quickbrand but nope. "Only chrono can tank!"As long as raiders don't start thinking and stick to super-old meta, you can expect chrono and druid get nerfed even further. They've already both been toned down reasonably enough one or two balance patches ago but people.By the way, the heals on wells+Illusionary Inspiration (with scepter interaction) actually makes chrono a decent 2nd healer that can cover the possible gaps in quick+alacrity left by the actual boon support-chronos. Though it doesn't provide much might so in that regard it's as reliant on well-mightbotting primary healer as the usual heal-scourge (which Kitty will criticize later in this post).

@OhBarros.2514 said:From a PvE player i want to know if you even play Reaper in Fractals CM or even Raids? As a necro main was always a struggle to play necro in raids/fractals. And when i was happy cause i can heal myself and sustain a little more, after a few ''dps'' buffs i was able to play Reaper on fractals cause on Raids it's still bad. But i was happy.

I even ask myself who ppl gonna play WvW and PvP with Reapers cause since Scourge release Reaper is just bad. The only way you could play Reaper and be good it's on openworld and doing story. I just want to play with my necro on raids or fractals, it's too much ? The only time i was able to play necro you nerfed epidemic. Too broken tbh. It's Ok.Fractals and Raid: - Reaper Ehm. No scholar, need to stay until full health then shroud, bad dps compare to other classes.

• Condi Scourge? Not good but can epi and share some barrier. Good for Desmina. So we can kill golem. That's all.
  • Healing Scourge? We can share barrier but that's all. Lots of Barrier. Not saying it's bad, cause it's a good second healer.Just my opinion. I just want to play my main classe like i play with other ones it some end content like fractals and raids.

Reaper still works well in fractals and raids. Slightly weaker potential dps than other options (10%-15% lower potential than competing builds) but as long as you don't play exclusively with top 2% players, reaper still gets the job done and if you learn reaper well (which isn't hard compared to many other builds), you'll still outdps majority of raiders by a good margin. To do equal dps, you only need to outskill most peoples by 15%.If someone thinks reaper is too weak, Kitty's earlier this week uploaded some videos where she's given a good dps race to some decent power DD as power GS reaper (without axe and with exotic armors+Flame Legion runes 'cause Kitty's undergeared alt account). Kitty wouldn't reaper in speedrun-level squads, but in 99% of other squads, she certainly would.Condi scourge also works decently, just needs to outskill peoples by 20%. Though even condi scourge can improve squad's survivability against heavy hits (like VG's greens) a lot with a tiny bit of extra effort of using Sand Flare+Sand Cascade.And when it comes to heal-scourge...the more popular buildcrafters have done a very bad favour to it. It's now a popular 2nd healer due to all the condi-cleanse, barriers and insane resses but when it comes to boons, it doesn't provide any...or does it? It does, a lot, if you add some harrier's into the mix instead of running pure magi's. Even better if you're good enough to use your chrono's minstrel set and tank stuff has booning heal scourge. It can provide full might, 60%+ fury and swiftness and full regen to the sub on top of all dem condicleanses, barriers and resses. In some cases Kitty's also outbooned some druids though she was the 2nd healer. Don't believe it? Watch the videos (channel link in signature for shameless but evidential advertising).

Chrono change? I'm sick after reading that change. First Chaos Chrono, 11 boons? Ok i agree, fair nerf. Signet after that. Signet again. Now? Less Aegis, less sustain, less party plays. Let's me thing about new F4 CS. Supp chrono already bad at dpsing and giving boons (Firebrand Renegade ftw and big dps).Now even in fractals you gonna share boons properly cause you can't use CS before grab MistLock. Cause you can't grab while in combat and even if you can do it, you need clones.Let us see whats missing from Chronomancer so we can change the class a bit every patch. Till Chrono full rework .

And pls make CS F5.Not being able to CS before MistLock just means that you need to get a proper boon duration instead of running almost pure dps build, which isn't that much of a dps loss due to extra concentration from fractal potions.

Soulbeast - > I don't play PvP and WvW so i can't talk about it .I like that condi get a buff. I really like it. Good job !Kitty also likes being able to pewpew with even more vicious results. Though not quite twice as vicious.Thief -> I'm glad i can play condi thief again. Hope so.

Enginner? Gonna wait and see that changes cause Holo isn't meta even Fractals or Raids, i was praying for a little buff and this happens. Kinda sadWhat isn't meta will never die...oops, Kitty meant that even if something isn't the META, it doesn't mean that the build is totally unplayable. It just means it's not a build for speedrunning but it can usually do totally fine in most squads.Elementalist? Make Staff meta again. Or playable.

Guardian too strong. In so many ways, DPS, Healer, Quickbrand.We can even go fractals with 2 DH, Quickbrand, Firebrand healer, and one renegade to some alacrity.I still like guardian, but kinda sad every class gets erase by him.Actually, you can even go fractals with 3 DH, a condi quickbrand and heal-renegade.

@"Kylden Ar.3724" said:

Literally, the lessons to learn from all their balance patches over the last 6 years of playing is DO NOT PLAY META, as the people that whine on the forums will get your class killed so you have to respec. Play off meta kitten, and at least it will be unchanged kitten.

Kitty learned that within a few balance patches after she started raiding 2 years ago. And here's one of the reasons why Kitty's tried to popularize the off-meta builds: As long as 90% of raiders play meta and nothing else, metabuilds will be nerfed until people start playing other builds, too.This game has perhaps the most versatile build system in any current MMORPG with dozens of working heal build variations and hundreds of dps-builds (differentiated by stat set, weapon combos and important traits) that'd bench above 25k dps and as of now, raiders mainly play 4-5 support builds and 15-20 dps builds. Since we have such a system available, Kitty doesn't wonder at all if Anet wants people to utilize it. "You can play how you like" or "Create your own playstyle" sounds like a nice advertising line and it's quite possible (though still requires using suitable gears and isn't the case for top 2% speedrunners but totally possible for other 98%).

Though off-meta builds rarely getting touched has also a negative aspect. 1,5 years since Kitty started asking for such and still no 10-target Experimental Turrets or 10-target Empowering Might q.q

@Xervite.5493 said:

@Xervite.5493 said:Glad that SB got nerfed, sadly that weakness spam still in play oh well

Yes, sadly. Let's nerf that aswell. What's the next ranger defense mechanism on the chopping block? It doesn't have hard invulns or blinks/teleports, so it would have to be to chop every leap into half their range to cut some of that spicy mobility.

Oh, I forgot. They removed the evade from the druid staff too. But a person happy about guardian buffs certainly don't care about druid falling further and further behind the bloated firebrand as a support in competetive modes.

Weakness is outright busted man, too bad druid got hit I was never against druid. And how does buffing symbol 'damage' effect a 'support' firebrand? the buff was for under performing guard spec DH or the power core spec.

My point was never how it affects firebrand, because it doesn't, but how you were happy about general guardian buffs while asking for more ranger nefs, when the fact is that ranger's support spec - which is completely out of the competetive meta - recieved yet another nerf while guardian's support spec remains bloated (and even indirectly buffed by the unblockable nerfs). It just sounds extremely biased when you add it all up.

Weakness is strong, but ranger's weakness uptime has already been nerfed before. Both Protective Ward with an increased ICD (doubled in PvP) and Winter's Bite by lowering the duration. Boonbeast, or variations of it, being the only build running both of them, have had other nerfs too. You'd effectively want to nerf both of the two most prominent ranger builds in the same patch while other meta builds remain strong. That's hardly fair.

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:rang memebeast pretty much untouched

In what world is nerfing Sic' Em, removing the most used unblockable (Uinstopable Union) and nerfing another (Call of the Wild) "untouched"? At worst they are at least adressing them.

Unless you're still on about wvw boonbeast. Perhaps ask for proper WvW splits, then.

@SehferViega.8725 said:

@"ShroomOneUp.6913" said:

I have NO idea how are you able to use two adapt traits at the same time, since this is how you phrase the second point. And frankly i had to seek for help to improve my poison condi build by looking at other builds from all modes and as far as i can tell, poison is not the only and main condition daredevils use(unfortunately). its actually a combo of bleed and poison and never have i seen them having traps from the get go. they use venoms and daredevil defense utility skills, if they suggest a trap then only if certain conditions are met. And the same goes for trappers respite. not used at all. most condi builds use uncatchable/lesser calltrops on dodge.

I tried to employ traps, but the issue i face is that the thief has a weird placement of them, since they are horizontal bars a thief has to either turn 90° to hit a mob or stand right in the middle of a mob group which costs way to much health and can end up quickly in death. As far as i can tell the new preparations are ranged skills, WHICH WAS a mechanic traps once used to have with a trait if I am not mistaken. And it also sounds as if the preparations are also not a bar any longer but a circle area which is a positive in my book.but i agree with the dagger training nerf, wholly unnecessary

No, you have not understand what I have written (may be my fault):

1) about "Dagger training+Deadly Ambition" I mean those two
changes
, not to use both at the same time cause of course that is impossible: they are both Major Adept traits. I only play thieves (and I only play PvP/WvW), usually power thieves, but I also have a condi one: in my build poison is the main condition I use and that thanks to the actual Dagger training + Potent Poison + Superior Rune of Thorns (I use dash dodge instead of Impaling Lotus and I don't use venoms). Of course with poison I can stack Confusion, Bleeding and Torment.

2) Traps are useless now, no way. But I prefer a rework of them istead of new skills based on "magic".. this is only a "conceptual thing": If you play a Warrior you expect to fight with weapons in brawl, not to cast spells with a scepter, right? Same for thief.. that is an adventurer profession.So they could rework traps and make them usefull, instead of invent a new set of utilities based on magic

1) ah i see. IN fact i actually try to make a poison thief as well for open world (because why both with the FB/ scourge meta in WvW and what ever is up in dead PvP lol) and use the same combo as you do XD. (but what is impaling lotus? you mean impairing daggers or the trait for dodges?) the only issue i can not to find any solution for is survivability , since i have so little health and not enough heal uuuugh.

2) I am not so sure about it as the ability to "teleport" with steal and the shadow stuff is lowkey magic, not arcane magic sure, but it was like this a bit already in gw1. And at first glance i understood it as disrupting magic. its just bad wording as at one point traps could be thrown as trap packs by RANGERS in the past (thats what i got wrong last post, remember it from my condi ranger, that pissed me off since it wasn't even meta they just removed the thing for no good reason) and they now bring it lowkey to the thief, but yes the wording needs to be changed to the trap kits from rangers past.

Reaper still works well in fractals and raids. Slightly weaker potential dps than other options (10%-15% lower potential than competing builds) but as long as you don't play exclusively with top 2% players, reaper still gets the job done and if you learn reaper well (which isn't hard compared to many other builds), you'll still outdps majority of raiders by a good margin. To do equal dps, you only need to outskill most peoples by 15%.If someone thinks reaper is too weak, Kitty's earlier this week uploaded some videos where she's given a good dps race to some decent power DD as power GS reaper (without axe and with exotic armors+Flame Legion runes 'cause Kitty's undergeared alt account). Kitty wouldn't reaper in speedrun-level squads, but in 99% of other squads, she certainly would.Condi scourge also works decently, just needs to outskill peoples by 20%. Though even condi scourge can improve squad's survivability against heavy hits (like VG's greens) a lot with a tiny bit of extra effort of using Sand Flare+Sand Cascade.And when it comes to heal-scourge...the more popular buildcrafters have done a very bad favour to it. It's now a popular 2nd healer due to all the condi-cleanse, barriers and insane resses but when it comes to boons, it doesn't provide any...or does it? It does, a lot, if you add some harrier's into the mix instead of running pure magi's. Even better if you're good enough to use your chrono's minstrel set and tank stuff has booning heal scourge. It can provide full might, 60%+ fury and swiftness and full regen to the sub on top of all dem condicleanses, barriers and resses. In some cases Kitty's also outbooned some druids though she was the 2nd healer. Don't believe it? Watch the videos (channel link in signature for shameless but evidential advertising).

Staying top dps as Reaper dont mean Reaper it's good, means people are bad, cause Necro weak asf. I know who to play Reaper, but now you gonna lose scholar uptime again, that's my point. The dps is already bad, without scholar again while you go shroud, means big dps lose that's all.Better place agony infusions on my guardian cause i wanna do fractals properly

@Oogabooga.3812 said:

Anyone that still thinks that had clearly never Raided or even played the class in T4 Fractals, much less WvW. Stop meming and actually play it.

@LadyKitty.6120 said:

@"Kylden Ar.3724" said:

Literally, the lessons to learn from all their balance patches over the last 6 years of playing is DO NOT PLAY META, as the people that whine on the forums will get your class killed so you have to respec. Play off meta kitten, and at least it will be unchanged kitten.

Kitty learned that within a few balance patches after she started raiding 2 years ago. And here's one of the reasons why Kitty's tried to popularize the off-meta builds: As long as 90% of raiders play meta and nothing else, metabuilds will be nerfed until people start playing other builds, too.This game has perhaps the most versatile build system in any current MMORPG with dozens of working heal build variations and hundreds of dps-builds (differentiated by stat set, weapon combos and important traits) that'd bench above 25k dps and as of now, raiders mainly play 4-5 support builds and 15-20 dps builds. Since we have such a system available, Kitty doesn't wonder at all if Anet wants people to utilize it. "You can play how you like" or "Create your own playstyle" sounds like a nice advertising line and it's quite possible (though still requires using suitable gears and isn't the case for top 2% speedrunners but totally possible for other 98%).

Though off-meta builds rarely getting touched has also a negative aspect. 1,5 years since Kitty started asking for such and still no 10-target Experimental Turrets or 10-target Empowering Might q.q

Did you LITERALLY just spend an entire post talking about yourself in the 3rd person?

@Lazze.9870 said:

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:rang memebeast pretty much untouched

In what world is nerfing Sic' Em, removing the most used unblockable (Uinstopable Union) and nerfing another (Call of the Wild) "untouched"? At worst they are at least adressing them.

Unless you're still on about wvw boonbeast. Perhaps ask for proper WvW splits, then.

i'm not talking about balanced builds. do a youtube search.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:While I'm fine with most professions change, I think that this thief's shadow art rework is the worst thing that could happen to thief. It's litteraly promoting the toxic gameplay that generate complaints about thiefs over and over. It's beyond dumb to push stealth attack power even further when their level of power is already an issue in itself. This change is bound to create issues.

None of the meta thief builds use the Shadow Arts traitline so they’d be forced to drop a traitline to take SA, meaning they’d be forced to lose out on damage or utility

Meta is bound to change every patch, more toxicity in a reworked traitline is bound to drop toxicity in the game.

You completely 100% missed my point. The rework to shadow arts doesn’t “push stealth attack power even further,” as you stated in the first paragraph, since the buffs were mostly utility buffs. Additionally, as already stated, no one is going to drop non-shadow arts traitlines (I.e. deadly arts, trickery, etc.) for Shadow Arts since it’s generally worse at providing damage or utility for thief. Therefore “stealth attack power” hasn’t received any buffs at all through this update since Shadow Arts would have to replace a currently existing traitline which provide more damage/utility than Shadow Arts. Your fears are completely unfounded based on the information available.

Well let's just say that you're so biased by the meta thingy that you don't see what I see in this "rework". This definitely promote a toxic gameplay that drive most of the complaints about thiefs. And, one additionnal thing, "more power" don't always mean "more raw damage" which is probably what you didn't understand in my post and why you are arguing with me.

With or without crippling ICD on most traits change they showcased for the thiefs, these will promote and make easier short burst of damage by exploiting heavily stealth attack. And whether you believe it or not this is this kind of gameplay that make thief unfun to fight against and thus toxic enough to generate plea for nerfs.

What traitline are you going to give up for Shadow Arts? I’ll wait ??‍♂️

If you’re using the terminology “more power” and you don’t mean “raw damage” then you should specify what you truly mean by saying “more utility” “more support” etc. Power can mean several things in this game and it’s not my fault if I can’t decipher what you’re trying to say precisely due to confusing usage of terminology.

Thanks for that update, through well my bow dragonhunter will still be weak.For my weaver sword, well will see, will surely be ok and not better.Now about another profession i'm very interested in, engineer: I may now be interested to play scrapper due to:

Adept->Gyroscopic Acceleration: This new trait causes wells to give superspeed when they end and increases well radius. Additionally, it causes your function gyro skill to give superspeed in an area when cast.

Master->Object in Motion: This new trait increases outgoing damage by 5% if you have swiftness, superspeed, or stability. Each boon increases the bonus damage by 5%, up to a maximum of 15% if you have all three.

Grandmaster->Applied Force: In addition to its previous effects, this trait now also grants +200 power while you have quickness. It now grants quickness when at or above 10 stacks of might rather than only when above 10 stacks. Fixed various bugs that could cause inconsistent trigger behavior.

To compensate the lack of power from my scrapper, I have sigils giving might and quickness, so I will have at least have +10% with master, also +200 power while quickness isn't negligible , the when or above 10 stacks is also perfect for me. So just going to say a huge thank you for scrapper, sincerely ~a rifle engie since 2013.Through the rifle is still weak, I found it viable if used with photon forge. Finally that overload nerf is the greatest absurdity I ever seen! LEAVE HOLOS ALONE, for once engie is okay don't destroy the class! ARE YOU sure, really SUre, SURE ABOUT OVERLOAD? HMMMM?!!!

I also think that scrapper don't have a proper elite skill, sneak gyro is okay, but it's kinda more an utility. I mean just look at prime beam and supply crate, those are real elites.

My necro will still be okay, and I'm impatient to play the reworked traitline on my deadeye just to see.And finally for my warrior: well they exist.

So to conclude: My poor sword weaver asura and norn bow dragonhunter crying in the corner.Holosmith reconversion into scrapper neededMy reaper: life is coolWarrior and rifle deadeye hooray still useless.Revenant shortbow: Ohh yeayyy

I know you hated engie since the start but PLZ it's not overload but OVERHEAT. Thanks #LOVE4ENGIESBeware soon rifles will be like plasma guns in warhammer, exploding and killing yourself when using them!

@phokus.8934 said:

@Caedmon.6798 said:The rampage nerf on toughness doesnt make sense in the slightests bit. Warris dont use it for the armor gain,they dont use it as a defensive tool. They use it as a hard cc lock whereafter ul get hit with 10k auto's. Ramp needs a nerf in damage,not on toughness. It wont change a kitten thing. When a warri pops rampage the other guy is most likely taking distance or just applying imob/condi's ( If he has any ). Where a power guy would simply stay out of range untill ramp is done. Completely meaningless change.

Also 50% added damage on Headbutt if stabi gets removed ? Do you even play this game Anet ? Im already able to do 10 - 12k with headbutt with hardly any might and not yet even being in berserk mode. Thats gonna be minimum 15k now wherafter you still can land your 3x 20k gs burst.. Just lmao anet. LMAO.

Balancing was always a joke in this game though,but kitten some changes made me think youre just completely disconnected with how things work in this game.I’m pretty certain it was a typo as Rampage hasn’t provided toughness in years. We will most likely see their massive health gain decrease when in Rampage form.

Ramp actually does increase your armor by around 900.Unless I’m blind at my age but when I go into Rampage I don’t see any stat increase?

Then why do i see a stat boost increase ? Open your stat menu, look at armor/toughness Then pop rampage.

Im popping rampage right now where my base armor on my Condi build is 3.402 armor, i pop Rampage and it goes to 4.402. In practice you "could" break from cc first with rousing and after it pop Rampage and u'l have 1k ontop of that which would for me be 5.4k armor. Which im showing with the screenshot below,don't stare in his eyes too long.

https://imgur.com/a/peL1sTx

100 extra there since i was in range of tower buff.

Edit: Link gives a weird link and doesnt work when you click on it, Just copy/paste it.

@"OhBarros.2514" said:From a PvE player i want to know if you even play Reaper in Fractals CM or even Raids? As a necro main was always a struggle to play necro in raids/fractals. And when i was happy cause i can heal myself and sustain a little more, after a few ''dps'' buffs i was able to play Reaper on fractals cause on Raids it's still bad. But i was happy.

I pretty much just do power reaper in t4 PUG fractals using Runes of the Spellbreaker. True, my DPS isn't as high as it could possibly be, but I do bring more value than just damage - boon strip/conversion, LOTS of cc's, trash mob pull (Spectral Grasp and Grasping Darkness), group defense (well of power or corrosive poison cloud depending on the fractal or instability), rezbot/slight healer if I run Blood magic, and if I have to, group carrying if everybody died with 5% of the boss health left due to high durability with reaper shroud.

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

Anyone that still thinks that had clearly never Raided or even played the class in T4 Fractals, much less WvW. Stop meming and actually play it.

Not much will change regarding the boon chrono or chronotank, especially since alacrity is getting slightly buffed; most complaints are of the loss of the self shatter. I have actually done smash-buttons-win using stunlock chrono in wvw but find troll celestial mirage to be more fun. Also, I do believe I explained myself at the beginning of the post:

@Oogabooga.3812 said:My perspective is PvE and WvW (usually roaming and small groups), but I think of the changes in terms of WvW more than PvE.

Just chiming in for soul beast stuff. I agree for the nerf on Sic Em. When a ranger sees how broken 40 Dmg is. It is due of a nerf. Protection against Condition dmg, is kinda moot considering there's so many AND I MEAN MANY MANY WAYS DIRECTLY AND INDIRECTLY removing conditions I find the enrf to reduced the dmg from conditions to be extremely moot. That specialization is only there to for rangers who don't know how to condi clear or use sigil of cleanse combined with zepher speed pet swap. You can remove 5 conditions + whatever utility removing conditions like bear stance makes this spec kinda a laughable think to take. I'd honestly consider reworking it if anything because it kinda there and yeah it can be useful but at the same time with SO MANY OPTION TO NEGATE AND REMOVE CONDITIONS it kidna why is it there in the first place?

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

Nah Play necro. There's no changes ever happening even if they are much needed.

As a frequent wvw player and a rare spvp one I do not give a poop about pve. This patch seems good at some points but terribly misguided at others. First of all, why would you nerf druid even more? Stop it, it is already dead. Nerfing it more and not buffing it is a total mockery for druid players. So to one who decided to not to care about druid, and nerf it even more, I hope you always forget about your hot beverage until it is annoyingly cold.

Ele changes are totaly redundant. Sw/dWeaver was already ok. Staff is the one that needs attention. Still it is not dead but boring as hell for me nowadays. You might force us to play tanky builds but at least fix the bug that people are screaming about.

DH longbow needed more love. But I have zero hopes for it. Other guardian changes are just yada yada yada until firebrand is balanced.

Reaper nerf was really not necessary. Is it world changing? Meh. Is it ok? Hell no. Buffing core necro? Well if you are suuuper cleverly trying to bring dual class to core professions and trying to balance the game accordingly, it makes sense. But as long as scourge remains the same, no other caster will have any chance at wvw zergs.

Thief changes are problematic especially combined with the loss of reveal from stealth gyro. That portal might give people hell in wvw. We need to see.Mesmer changes were also problematic. Removing the trait that was added to base fpr chrono is bad. But what is worse is that you are forcing chrono players to play interrupt-burst build that people complain about. That does not make any sense. But what makes me furious is that you have broken mesmer apart and sold it to other professions. Alacrity, portal and then what? Stop giving mesmers trademark qualities to other professions. It is worse than any other nerf you have given.

Rev nerfs. Well ypu habe forced revs to play burst ninja amd now you are trying to take it away. Rev still feels incomplete to me after all these years.

Other nerfs/ buffs are either feels ok or I just dont care about them anymore. Seems like you dont care too. But I am really bored with this ultra changing profession abilities/ roles. Making sets, weapons, runes everytime some turtlepetter decides to completely change a class' playstyle/builds and does not give any attention to necessary ones. These changes might be good, dunno. But I cannot find any enthusiasm in me to adapt anymore.

@Methuselah.4376 said:

@CerealNumber.9348 said:It seems like strong damage specs were nerfed like halo reaper and condi rev. Dragon hunter GS and LB got a buff :thinking: Chronos gotta relearn their characters againThey want to even out the damage potential for specs that are made for damage. Which doesn't really make sense. If a Spec made for damage have no group utility I expect them to have higher damage potential than other specs made for damage that has some group utility.

Technically speaking, Reaper's damage output hasn't been touched.

Yea, and that's the problem, Necro is STILL (since launch) the official lowest DPS class in the game! STILL!!! And I thought ANet was on their way of changing that (in their last patches), but no, full STOP again! Instead, it gets nerfed (not DPS-wise, although less reliable Scholar now) .... I really don't get it. Why has Necro never been allowed to come off that dreadful bottom DPS spot???