Any way to get through The Departing without being disconnected or glitched?

I've tried 7 time already for the last month. 6 times I got disconnected as I beat Balthazar. The 7th the white birds never showed up and the instance got stuck. Is there actually a way through this story? A trick to it? I've tried repair, I've tried the 32bit client, and I've verified there is nothing wrong with my internet as I've been disconnect while another playing in the house has kept going without trouble, and it always disconnects in the exact same spot for The Departing.My computer is a 4790k and a NV 970. I'm on Windows 10 Anniversary update, and NV driver version 381.65

I would assume that most people go through no problem, but for some of us, it just disconnects at the very last step "listen to joko" "tell him i need your army i dont need you" then I assume something must load/trigger, but for some bug it doesn't and we get disconnect message. Therefore the "has achieved story step" tick is not reached (and neither are the mission rewards). start over, same thing happens. over and over.

So by checkbox I think we mean that there should be a way for support to establish "yes, they played through" and then "trigger" whatever progress tracking happens (and ideally the rewards).

Alas in the game interface there is no way to report to support "I am stuck in personal story"

• Like 1

its a length of time issue that you spend fighting balthazar.....bring in a couple of friends to the first fight hit him hard and fast.....then go through the cinematic part of the lost area fast and it worked for me....one of the people stayed as a whisp in the second part and I got through it....but I noticed today after all the new builds....just doing my story on another character each of the story endings froze up on the first was dc'ed but upon logging back in it worked and i kept going the second restarted after dc'ed and then had to do it all over again.....big bug issue on anets part...I wish you all luck...gonna play something else until its fixed and I can progress....sadly

• 3 weeks later...

I Agree with Zenaide whole heartedly--same thing has happened to me--its been more times then I can count. tried it with two different other people in my party and to no avail. I got as far as killing Souleater and Joko part--telling him I don't need you, when i get Disconnected, "Game client can not connect to server at this time message." I have internet & cable combined and neither went out, so its Arenanet. Please I am stuck in my story, too. sent a ticket thru options with screenshot . please fix this.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same PROBLEM!!!! This is ridiculous!! I've done it like 20 times!! It always disconnects at the same 2 points. I really enjoy this game and this is killing it for me. I'm very close to quitting forever. I'm a casual player so there isn't much that I can do on my own in this game and now I can't even do the story. Arena Net please Please PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!! It's been months! Why havnt you at least acknowledged this problem?! There clearly are so many people who are having this issue.

@"Zenaide.3046" said:I would assume that most people go through no problem, but for some of us, it just disconnects at the very last step "listen to joko" "tell him i need your army i dont need you" then I assume something must load/trigger, but for some bug it doesn't and we get disconnect message. Therefore the "has achieved story step" tick is not reached (and neither are the mission rewards). start over, same thing happens. over and over.

So by checkbox I think we mean that there should be a way for support to establish "yes, they played through" and then "trigger" whatever progress tracking happens (and ideally the rewards).

Alas in the game interface there is no way to report to support "I am stuck in personal story"

@relleman.8310 said:I'm having the same PROBLEM!!!! This is ridiculous!! I've done it like 20 times!! It always disconnects at the same 2 points. I really enjoy this game and this is killing it for me. I'm very close to quitting forever. I'm a casual player so there isn't much that I can do on my own in this game and now I can't even do the story. Arena Net please Please PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!! It's been months! Why havnt you at least acknowledged this problem?! There clearly are so many people who are having this issue.

It's the gate at the top of the stairs opening, that's right when I would always DC. Had a guildmate sit in my party while I finished and it finally worked. tried again on an alt, by myself and it DC'd when the gate opening. did it in a party of random people and it worked! so I'd say for now, just run it with someone in your party.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

This just happened to me twice today, 10/15. First time right after I talk to Joko and the second time right after Balthazar says "No, you won't", stares at me for a second, and game dc's again. I'm too frustrated to try it again right now. I guess I need to find someone to run it with, I don't have any friends that play this. Why is it this one mission?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

This still a problem in may 2020. Just make the annoying endless balthazar fight, and when I'm in the Departing part 2 when I talk to Joko and then have to find a Grenth priest the client disconnects automatically! Im no gonna repeat the most annoying fight in the game again!Its a shame that 2 years later this is still happening!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...