We need Emergency Nerfs

@ZeroTheCat.2684 said:

@steki.1478 said:Burn weaver will be the first build that people complain about in a week or two, just wait for it.

Yeah since it probably will be OP I won’t blame them. I guess Anet makes a LOT of money when people re-roll to other classes.

Since rerolling costs money how? They are just clueless to what they are doing.

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

@ZhouX.8742 said:OP Ele? i can't lol

This forum is so clueless about actual PvP it's no wonder the balance patches are so horrible

Please anet, start taking advice only from top players and hire an actual balance team , although it's likely too late at this point.

Considering fire Weaver wins most 1v1s before the patch and they got a HUGE buff up primordial stance. They will most likely be the next top dog on the side node.

The biggest counter to fire weavers were continued power pressure. With revs (and to a lesser extent core guard) getting nerfs, they will be pushed even further into the meta.

This. @ZhouX.8742 Kinda ironic to say other people are clueless about PvP when you've obviously never got rekt by a good fire weaver before.

And it actually doesn't look like staff weaver was even nerfed, upon further inspection. I thought it was at first, too. But a few people did some calculations that seem about right and it looks like if anything staff weaver was very slightly buffed, assuming they maintain 10 might stacks for the +300 power from the fire master trait.

Honestly, I very much doubt fire weaver will make it into the meta. It is too immobile, depends too much on those short fire bursts. Some classes completely shut it down, like FB and an enemy (water) weaver and remain very very vulnerable to +1s because it cannot kite awayproperly. It is like a slow, but tanky burn guard with a little more utility in terms of CC and projectile hate. And yes, a little more cover conditions, but I am very unsure it will be enough.

It might become situationally great, but sometimes completely useless too. We will see how it works out.

(Sidenote: I'd like to see the burst of the glyph increased or the CD lowered and not let it recharge while you have those five charges up! That's like mesmer mantras used to be for a time, allowing short intense bursts.)

Concerning mesmer: Yeah, It's like to see this changed too. The random stun spam is real, but it double painful for eles currently due to the stability trait bug.

@"SoulSlavocracy.4902" said:

This forum is so clueless about actual PvP it's no wonder the balance patches are so horrible

Please anet, start taking advice only from top players and hire an actual balance team , although it's likely too late at this point.

Considering fire Weaver wins most 1v1s before the patch and they got a HUGE buff up primordial stance. They will most likely be the next top dog on the side node.

The biggest counter to fire weavers were continued power pressure. With revs (and to a lesser extent core guard) getting nerfs, they will be pushed even further into the meta.

This. @ZhouX.8742 Kinda ironic to say other people are clueless about PvP when you've obviously never got rekt by a good fire weaver before.

And it actually doesn't look like staff weaver was even nerfed, upon further inspection. I thought it was at first, too. But a few people did some calculations that seem about right and it looks like if anything staff weaver was very slightly buffed, assuming they maintain 10 might stacks for the +300 power from the fire master trait.

Assuming those rekt by the fire weaver ..are good players to start with which as it stands , given ample evidence , are clearly not

We were all assuming that staff was nerfed based on how the changes looked in the first day of the preview. Nobody knew power overwhelming would be reworked to give power if you have 10 stacks of might, until the devs posted that they forgot to add that to the notes.

Sage weavers are meta basically , you can do FA Weaver but it's for fun essentially... I know plenty of good eles, but that doesn't make the class OP.

There's a difference between a class performing well for a role and then it being OP in which you literally would never bring anything but Ele because it outperforms everything else - that is OP for it's role... Ele is not in this OP position, Spellbreaker exists and Ele is not even considered the top duelist spec. Is it good? When played right it is very good, but I'd rather have every class be very good when played right than have what we have right now.

Stop trying to nerf every single little thing because it may perform well for it's role and misusing the word OP and just throwing it around half hazardly.

@ZhouX.8742 said:

Sage weavers are meta basically , you can do FA Weaver but it's for fun essentially... I know plenty of good eles, but that doesn't make the class OP.

There's a difference between a class performing well for a role and then it being OP in which you literally would never bring anything but Ele because it outperforms everything else - that is OP for it's role... Ele is not in this OP position, Spellbreaker exists and Ele is not even considered the top duelist spec. Is it good? When played right it is very good, but I'd rather have every class be very good when played right than have what we have right now.

Stop trying to nerf every single little thing because it may perform well for it's role and misusing the word OP and just throwing it around half hazardly.

This! Let's try not to nerf weaver before the patch comes out.

you can just use the new auspicious anguish on mesmer and facetank any CI miragethat is if the trait matches the description given on the preview

the fuck they're doing with mesmer i dunnomirage let you dodge while being stunned, now also converts 2 dmg condis if you get stunnedits almost better to get hit by cc than to dodge it