About the new EU World Links (6/27/2019)

@"SlateSloan.3654" said:the „fight“ guilds who been on kodasch arrived also on dzagonur. dzagonur is now much likely to be full soon as linking to gunnars hold. this combo is now full of ppt and ppk much likely go t1 soon.

And still Kodash is locked (not going to say "full" ... see one of my earlier posts for the reasoning). I wonder what would happen if everyone left Kodash, leaving literally zero people ... would it still stay locked?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Adzekul.3104 said:

@"SlateSloan.3654" said:the „fight“ guilds who been on kodasch arrived also on dzagonur. dzagonur is now much likely to be full soon as linking to gunnars hold. this combo is now full of ppt and ppk much likely go t1 soon.

And still Kodash is locked (not going to say "full" ... see one of my earlier posts for the reasoning). I wonder what would happen if everyone left Kodash, leaving literally zero people ... would it still stay locked?

No it's just that play-hours are averaged over some time-span, and that delays noticing such effects. (see point 3 of my post above) I guess we will see the effect on Monday as weekends have much higher play-hours than weekday

@Adzekul.3104 said:Looking at the monochrome colour of EBG 3 hours before EU reset in my server's match-up, I have to say the problems of EU-WvW have been laid bare in spectacular fashion. Removal of the language restrictions for linking has done so very little towards fixing the population balance problem. Four of the five tiers were awfully one-sided match-ups this week. Glicko is part of that, so not going to hammer Anet too hard. But I have to get a few things off my chest.Or, perhaps, and I'm just guessing wildly here, its been the first week of relink and the tiers are messed up until the new links settle in their more accurate positions against more equal opponents. Its only happens like... every two months... but it does seem to take players by surprise every time.

@Dediggefedde.4961 said:As a Dzagonur player, I'm pleasantly surprised by Gunnar.Communication works fine and fights often went smoothly.There were a lot of kitten-related messages coming from some Gunnar people at reset, though, but luckily that seems to have died down as well.Also, suddenly everywhere are roamers. ^^

well, one discord admin and GH officer threatened to kick any GH player posting kitten on chat out of GH guild AND from gh discord. That might have helped. We do have some cleansing powers... it just depends on the people we are linked with, if those engage.

That said, so far, I have been very pleased with the link.

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

@Dediggefedde.4961 said:As a Dzagonur player, I'm pleasantly surprised by Gunnar.Communication works fine and fights often went smoothly.There were a lot of kitten-related messages coming from some Gunnar people at reset, though, but luckily that seems to have died down as well.Also, suddenly everywhere are roamers. ^^

well, one discord admin and GH officer threatened to kick any GH player posting kitten on chat out of GH guild AND from gh discord. That might have helped. We do have some cleansing powers... it just depends on the people we are linked with, if those engage.

Not had the chance to ban someone for that yet, which is at the same time sad for me because I love my banhammer, but also a good thing because that means that link is good :D

@DamiVlad.2689 said:

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

Not had the chance to ban someone for that yet, which is at the same time sad for me because I love my banhammer, but also a good thing because that means that link is good :D

I think we can establish that the Dzag players are pretty nice. Now we have to see how the Kodash bandwag-... refugees behave.

Well... We canceled yesterday's guild raid due to WS.Usually we run on Sundays from 19:30 to 21:30 with around 20 people. Because of the population increase, most of us came 30 minutes in advance (19:00). Then all boardes had queues already.At 20:20 we only had 70% of the players on a map. We switched to EoM, but there were no enemies there.So, we did some sparring in the guild-hall...

I have nothing against kodash players, but the current situation is unsatisfying.Even if we can get most of the players on the map an hour in advance, any DC will kick out the player for the evening. At 23:00 most boarders are free, but it's mostly luck to meet an enemy zerg then...

@Dediggefedde.4961 said:Well... We canceled yesterday's guild raid due to WS.Usually we run on Sundays from 19:30 to 21:30 with around 20 people. Because of the population increase, most of us came 30 minutes in advance (19:00). Then all boardes had queues already.At 20:20 we only had 70% of the players on a map. We switched to EoM, but there were no enemies there.So, we did some sparring in the guild-hall...

I have nothing against kodash players, but the current situation is unsatisfying.Even if we can get most of the players on the map an hour in advance, any DC will kick out the player for the evening. At 23:00 most boarders are free, but it's mostly luck to meet an enemy zerg then...People complain when there are no queues, people complain when there are queues... WvW is dead, yet its too alive.

@Dawdler.8521 said:People complain when there are no queues, people complain when there are queues... WvW is dead, yet its too alive.

Never read people complaining about no queues. Maybe about a lack of enemies. Usually, they come somewhere at some point, though. WvW is also not dead. Plenty of activity and active WvW guilds. At the moment even too much activity. ^^The relinking system takes care to balance population but fails if after the balancing 200 people decide to join the server...I just hope the situation get's better again during the week.

This might be nitpicking, but they are not complaining about not having queues.They complain about being outnumbered everywhere.If they had a 50 queue on one border and are outnumbered everywhere else, they probably wouldn't be happier.

But between waiting half an hour to join any map and being outnumbered everywhere there should be a middle ground.

@"Dediggefedde.4961" said:This might be nitpicking, but they are not complaining about not having queues.They complain about being outnumbered everywhere.If they had a 50 queue on one border and are outnumbered everywhere else, they probably wouldn't be happier.

But between waiting half an hour to join any map and being outnumbered everywhere there should be a middle ground.

Nope, that's not nitpicking at all. Never witnessed someone complaining about no queues either. And "We are outnumbered on every map" is not even a close analogy.

@Reztek.7805 said:

@"Dediggefedde.4961" said:This might be nitpicking, but they are not complaining about not having queues.They complain about being outnumbered everywhere.If they had a 50 queue on one border and are outnumbered everywhere else, they probably wouldn't be happier.

Nope, that's not nitpicking at all. Never witnessed someone complaining about no queues either. And "We are outnumbered on every map" is not even a close analogy.Current threads are full of "at reset we only had one queue, but still a full server, wtf?!?"

So, actually there are ppl that even simultaneously complain about having an endless queue on EBG and not having queues (and thus not enough ppl) on the other 3 maps xD

@enkidu.5937 said:

Nope, that's not nitpicking at all. Never witnessed someone complaining about no queues either. And "We are outnumbered on every map" is not even a close analogy.Current threads are full of "at reset we only had one queue, but still a full server, kitten?!?"

So, actually there are ppl that even
simultaneously
complain about having an endless queue on EBG and not having queues (and thus not enough ppl) on the other 3 maps xD

So you don't think the point of such statements is "... but still a full server"? Ppl want balanced matchups. And since there's no ingame info on how many ppl are simultaneously playing for your server, ppl seem to use queues as the only way of comparison. Nevertheless, they want balanced matchups, not being not able to join wvw at all because of queues.

@Reztek.7805 said:

Nope, that's not nitpicking at all. Never witnessed someone complaining about no queues either. And "We are outnumbered on every map" is not even a close analogy.Current threads are full of "at reset we only had one queue, but still a full server, kitten?!?"

So, actually there are ppl that even
simultaneously
complain about having an endless queue on EBG and not having queues (and thus not enough ppl) on the other 3 maps xD

So you don't think the point of such statements is "... but still a full server"? Ppl want balanced matchups. And since there's no ingame info on how many ppl are simultaneously playing for your server, ppl seem to use queues as the only way of comparison. Nevertheless, they want balanced matchups, not being not able to join wvw at all because of queues.Not sure if ppl want balanced match ups. Some transfer to an already dominant server to get easy lewt. Some transfer to a dead server to stack fight guilds (they dont care if their server is outnumbered, because they dont care about PPT and winning).

Queues are not a good measure, true. If there is a lack of coms, then ppl would try to stack one map. If lots of coms lead, ppl would spread among the maps.

Probably it's mostly a weekend thing, too.Outside primetime on Dzagonur usually we get on maps (only ebg queue at 23:00) and yesterday we got everyone on our first choice of map. Most were 30 Min in advance there, but people coming late also were able to join after 15 Minutes.So, the smart thing might be to shift weekend-raids outside prime time or do something else... or be there an hour in advance. ^^

A message for all the Kodash that moved to Dzagonur ... you are the only full server now. You have re-created exactly the same problem you recently escaped ... next relink, Dzagonur will be unlinked and you will be unhappy again. You might consider doing yourselves a favour in the next month or so and dispersing a bit. Hopefully not all en masse, since this makes a huge mess for the community and it misleads Anet into thinking WvW is healthy due to the gem income.

This is the price we all pay for being impatient, I guess.

@Adzekul.3104 said:A message for all the Kodash that moved to Dzagonur ... you are the only full server now. You have re-created exactly the same problem you recently escaped ... next relink, Dzagonur will be unlinked and you will be unhappy again. You might consider doing yourselves a favour in the next month or so and dispersing a bit. Hopefully not all en masse, since this makes a huge mess for the community and it misleads Anet into thinking WvW is healthy due to the gem income.

This is the price we all pay for being impatient, I guess.

well, they could have stayed on Kodash. Then they would have got all the fights they want.

Meanwhile Kodash lost half of its population to Dzago and is outnumberd every match.

Well, at least we have a functioning community with some leads and a pretty chill communication.

I can partly understand why some people left, but overall it just adds to my opinion about some of the so called "fight guilds" they love to steamroll over everything and as soon as they have a worthy opponent they shift the blame to other players or anet and leave the server again.

@"Thea Cherry.6327" said:Meanwhile Kodash lost half of its population to Dzago and is outnumberd every match.

Well, at least we have a functioning community with some leads and a pretty chill communication.

I can partly understand why some people left, but overall it just adds to my opinion about some of the so called "fight guilds" they love to steamroll over everything and as soon as they have a worthy opponent they shift the blame to other players or anet and leave the server again.

Fight guilds? With current meta? Sounds as logic as posing as a feutus in the shower