Crafting Gift of compassion

To craft the gift of compassion do we strictly have to use the gift of desert mastery or can we use the gift of maguuma mastery instead?

Since all the 2nd gen leg weapons can be crafted using any of those 2 gifts I was wondering.Because I would love to use the gift of maguuma instead, its like 10x easier to get.

• 4 weeks later...

@Khisanth.2948 said:Gift of the Desert might actually be easier than Maguuma now.

On balance, I'll take Maguuma over Desert still.

Gift of Maguuma Mastery requires 250 crystalline ore, which require (a) acquiring keys and (b) opening lots of chests. Probably takes 3-4 completions of Dragon's Stand, in addition to completing the four HoT maps.

Gift of the Desert Mastery requires 250 funerary incense and 225 elegy mosaics. With typical luck, the elegy mosaics require about 10 or so events. The incense can be purchased 8/day from heart vendors (gating completion by a month) or via trade contracts (which are easy enough to obtain, but just another expense) or via even more elegy mosaics (another 750, meaning... a lot of events). Or via the same 250 crystalline ore. And then there's the comparable four PoF maps.

Mind you: if one is already spending time doing the new AmGem circuit for the purposes of easy loot, then you'd have already collected the materials & currency needed for Desert Mastery. In contrast, Dragon's Stand is more likely to require going out of one's routine. So while I'm convinced Maguuma is faster if starting from scratch, I can imagine that there are far more veterans with the wherewithal for Desert than for Maguuma.

@Etria.3642 said:? There is one. You can currently trade them either way. What you can't do is convert magnetite shards into the crystals.

What I mean is a trader to trade LI and LD to something else. LI is completely useless now and LD is going the same direction.Magnetite shards and gaeting crystals are useful items that you can convert to gold whenever you want.