Mount reverse/backwards walking bug?

Hi, this occurs in every map, every time, and always on mounts, not sure if this is just an issue for me or everyone, couldn't find another thread, so I'm sorry if this is a massive issue and I'm just making a mess on the forums.

So off the mount, I can walk backwards, the bindings I use are the default with S or Down Arrow, but as soon as I mount up, it appears as if it registers the input by resetting the idle mount animation, every time I press the button, but it doesn't walk backwards.

Halp? this is a huge issue with griffon because I can't slow down in the air etc, can't find anyone with similar problems or solutions

EDIT: Issue appeared about a week ago for me at the time of the post.. I think, ish? Been trying to solve it myself

• Like 1

This was an issue I've experienced only once so far. A rather annoying issue I might add. For now the only solution I've known to fix it is restarting the game and it works again. Probably not the solution you wanna hear but its a temporary one until something fixes it.

• 9 months later...

I have the same issue right now and the only thing I can do to fix it, is to restart the game. In many situations this means I rather play with the bug or I will not be able to get back on the map I was before. I'd be really happy to see this bug beeing fixed. Maybe someone else has another solution? I appriciate any help you guys can give me!

• 3 weeks later...

About two weeks ago, I was going to post that I was happy that they seemed to have fixed the bug. It does seem to have reared its ugly head.

This time, I've only experienced in the World Boss maps and only after dismounting using the [1] skill to engage foes. I haven't done extensive testing to see if it occurs in other maps or in WB maps without engaging in combat from mounted state. I also haven't checked whether it happens before or after miniatures are (officially) culled.

FYI for @Jomalu.9076Changing maps fixes the bug; restarting the game is never necessary (although I would agree that sometimes it makes sense to suffer the bug until an event chain/world boss event completes, to avoid missing out on the particular map).

(This was true last year when @CharuStar.4109 posted, too.)

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey guys - my wife has been experiencing this issue literally every time the mount up, regardless of map, and the proposed logout/in fix has never worked.

HOWEVER: I had a thought this morning and tested it, and gosh darn did it work first try!

I unbound the Keybind for the Spectator Backwards and sure as kitten the mount can now walk backwards every time. Yet to be tested in the long run, just thought I would get a potential fix out there for others. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...