What is the highest point in all of GW2?

@"Scared.7195" said:In my opinion I think the highest point is Abaddon's Ascent in Siren's Landing. Do you agree or if you disagree where would you say is higher?

This might be very high, but also consider it starts at water level aka zero height, whereas for example the Priory waypoint lays already rather high compared to water level. So it's difficult to compare. All one could do is having a POI or something very close to the highest point and check the distance to it.

Out of Context: In Lowland Burns, there is a pillar you can reach with the gryphon which brings you at the same height as the Shatterer flying over the map all the timehttps://i.imgur.com/12T3cdd.jpg

How is the elevation being measured as there is no requirement for all the maps to have the water level at the same level.The only elevation standard would be sea level which only allows elevation comparisons to be made if those maps have a coastline.For inland maps there is no way to measure elevation as there is no datum for ground level.

@"mauried.5608" said:How is the elevation being measured as there is no requirement for all the maps to have the water level at the same level.The only elevation standard would be sea level which only allows elevation comparisons to be made if those maps have a coastline.For inland maps there is no way to measure elevation as there is no datum for ground level.

That's what I've been wondering too: how are we measuring this?

Is it the highest point above sea level in lore?The highest point above the bottom floor of that map? (Very difficult to check in a lot of cases since the ground is often well above the bottom of the map.)The highest point above average ground level in that map? (Also very difficult to measure.)Highest point above the maps water table?Or the point where you could fall the furthest if you jumped off of it, regardless of what's below it? (In which case do you measure it to the surface of the water for ones where you land in water, or to the bottom of the water body in a straight line?)

I suspect the Bitterfrost Vantage Point would be a candidate for any of those measurements, but I don't know for sure it's the highest by any measurement.

@PeerlessArch.6547 said:I'm surprised no one has mentioned the literal cieling of Verdant Brink where you can jump and fall ALL the way down to the bowls of the moving vines/roots.

Has to be the highest point. You amost hit the flat ceiling of the sky from up there.

Baaaasically you could say that about every map once you reach a certain height. But on most of the other maps you can't just fly up or teleport up yourself because of missing upstreams. So one might differ between places you reach via land and places you reach via flight.

• 4 weeks later...

That is not a very easy question to answer, it depends on the point of view. I know of one place in all Tyria, which pretty much beats every obstacle you can climb with the Skyscale with ease. You do not need a mount, a glider or use any kind of glitch. You actually don't even need to execute a single jump.

I am talking about the pool for the diving-goggles in the Mystlock Observatory (Fractals of the Mists - Lobby). Once you step inside, you keep falling and falling until you move out of the area. Whenever you reach a certain depth, you get teleported upwards again.VfyLrak.jpg

As I said, it depends on your point of view. I just define highest place in GW2 as the location where you feel the longest vertical downward moving phase (aka falling) from your start-point.

• 2 years later...
On 8/14/2019 at 2:46 PM, HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

That is not a very easy question to answer, it depends on the point of view. I know of one place in all Tyria, which pretty much beats every obstacle you can climb with the Skyscale with ease. You do not need a mount, a glider or use any kind of glitch. You actually don't even need to execute a single jump.

I am talking about the pool for the diving-goggles in the Mystlock Observatory (Fractals of the Mists - Lobby). Once you step inside, you keep falling and falling until you move out of the area. Whenever you reach a certain depth, you get teleported upwards again.https://i.imgur.com/VfyLrak.jpg

As I said, it depends on your point of view. I just define highest place in GW2 as the location where you feel the longest vertical downward moving phase (aka falling) from your start-point.

That is a good way to approach the question.  The mistlock observatory looping fall kind of dances around the question, but maybe another way to approach it is asking what is the point you can jump off from and with a stopwatch register the longest fall until you go splat? (or splash)

19 minutes ago, Orion Templar.4589 said:

That is a good way to approach the question.  The mistlock observatory looping fall kind of dances around the question, but maybe another way to approach it is asking what is the point you can jump off from and with a stopwatch register the longest fall until you go splat? (or splash)

That would be:  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Heart_of_the_Volcano_(story)#Trivia