Texture flickering

Hi all

My friend is new to the game and she has a problem with the game's textures. When she logs in with her character, all textures start to blink in blue color. We updated her graphic card (gtx 940m), but nothing changed. Can this problem be related to the game being in just "playable" state insted of fully downloaded? Is there a fix for it? Thanks for all answers.

ld5GVtE.jpgXkiONz5.jpg

I don't know how corrupted files look in this game but its possible this could also be a corrupt file. When you fully downloaded the game disable your security software (virusscanner and the likes). Then do a repair of your client.

Follow these steps if you are running the game on a Windows operating system:

Locate your Gw2.exe file.Right-click on the file and select Create shortcut.Rename this new shortcut to Guild Wars 2 Repair.Right-click on Guild Wars 2 Repair and select Properties.Locate the Target line and add –repair to the end. (Example: "C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\gw2.exe" -repair)Click OK.Now double-click the Guild Wars 2 Repair shortcut. This will begin repairing your game client automatically. The game will then launch when it is complete.

NOTE: Keep in mind that the verification and repair process will run each time you double-click the Guild Wars 2 Repair shortcut; if you would like to play the game without repairing the archive, double-click on Gw2.exe or another shortcut without the -repair command in the 'Target' line.

In case of any corrupted files, this will repair them. After turn back on your security software (exempt Guild Wars 2 from the list prior). I hope this will fix your issue. Else it may indeed be a driver issue as Inculpatus mentioned. You can update your driver to see if that works (software can be found via your driver program or the website (Geforce) related to the driver you use). You may have done that as you mention "updated her graphic card".

P.s. Does the game run on a gtx 940m with our current content? Any tech person out here that knows? I don't know if its above the minimun requirements of the game incl PoF content. Saw a post on reddit that someone had but thats an old post and minimum requirements changed ^^. At least it doesn't show stipes and glitter that I saw when I had a laptop that did not meet the graphics minimum requirement... Just to rule this out for OP as well :)