More than two months since end of LS4 and not a single teaser about LS5.

Looks like the 2-3 months cadence is like always going to be around or more than 3 months in reality. And don't even start with the current shitty festival or that they need time to prepare for a new living story season. We should have been close to the launch of a new expansion like ESO or FFXIV not more trash filler story content. After the layoffs ANet should have been focusing on the game; all they did was some damage control around that time and after LS4 finale they didn't said a single word.

2 months. nothing. where is the content?

P.S. waiting for the random forum dudes to quote the question above and start with "you can do so much in the game. just because you don't have content you personally enjoy doesn't mean the game doesn't have content". can't wait.

you can do so much in the game. just because you don't have content you personally enjoy doesn't mean the game doesn't have content

Sorry, it's absolutely true. And the fact that your whole argument is based on your negative evaluations of the festival ("kitten") and the story ("trash"), proves it and makes it so there's really nothing else to add.

Yes, you can't wait for somebody to tell you that you just willingly choose to ignore large parts of the game to complain that new things don't come out every 2 weeks. This isn't Fortnite. Devs communicated a ton with us since February, more than ever. You base everything you say on wrong assumptions that you make, it's obvious to anyone that it's coming from an ill-informed place.

Maybe stop playing the game, or wait until we do get an expansion if you don't care about anything happening right now.

How many teasers do we usually get before content releases? A couple weeks before it drops. Don't expect anything before 3 months passed. Like, why complain about them "being silent"? They're not. Far from it. We know about a balance patch that's coming right around the corner for example. We knew ahead of time instead of just guessing it might come. Something they've only recently started doing. Why would they break the system they have had for years now, of just teasing when it's almost ready? Just to please the few unruly children who cry everything's dead when they close their eyes?

@Blocki.4931 said:How many teasers do we usually get before content releases?

I agree with you on the most but the thing is that they didn't really need a teaser or a little hint in the past.After Season 2 everybody knew that we will fight Mordremoth, after Season 3 everybody knew we will fight Balthazar but no onereally knows what to expect after Season 4, we only know that there will be no expansion but Season 5.

@Blocki.4931 said:Yes, you can't wait for somebody to tell you that you just willingly choose to ignore large parts of the game to complain that new things don't come out every 2 weeks. This isn't Fortnite. Devs communicated a ton with us since February, more than ever. You base everything you say on wrong assumptions that you make, it's obvious to anyone that it's coming from an ill-informed place.

Maybe stop playing the game, or wait until we do get an expansion if you don't care about anything happening right now.

How many teasers do we usually get before content releases?So far i think we didn't get one only between core personal story and S1. There was one at the end of S1. There was HoT teaser at the end of LS2. There was one at the end of HoT, LS3, and PoF. For the last 7 years we could always see in which direction the story would be going. Until now. If there's a hint in LS4 ending showing us that, it's well-hidden and cryptic.

For the first time since the beginning lf LS1 we are completely in the dark about the future of the storyline.

I think right now they're facing creative difficulties : They finished major arcs of the game, but did so in ways that did not hint at what comes next, contrary to all the previous instances where portions of the story were cleared : Killing Zhaitan clearly mentionned more elder dragons > Living Word 1 ended with clear indication that Mordremoth was waking > Heart of Thorns hinted at unbalancing of magic energies, meaning a need to rethink the strategy > Living World Season 3 worked in Balthazaar for Path of Fire > Path of Fire worked in Kralkatorik and Joko. But Living world season 4 ? Season was a Closure on the previous two, without opening anything after, which is ... bothersome. Or did anyone notice Something I missed ?

In the case where Indeed they havent planned -where- to go next, the silence is probably due to them still working on what comes up next, in my opinion

@Naxos.2503 said:I think right now they're facing creative difficulties : They finished major arcs of the game, but did so in ways that did not hint at what comes next, contrary to all the previous instances where portions of the story were cleared : Killing Zhaitan clearly mentionned more elder dragons > Living Word 1 ended with clear indication that Mordremoth was waking > Heart of Thorns hinted at unbalancing of magic energies, meaning a need to rethink the strategy > Living World Season 3 worked in Balthazaar for Path of Fire > Path of Fire worked in Kralkatorik and Joko. But Living world season 4 ? Season was a Closure on the previous two, without opening anything after, which is ... bothersome. Or did anyone notice Something I missed ?

In the case where Indeed they havent planned -where- to go next, the silence is probably due to them still working on what comes up next, in my opinion

They already started working on season 5 after episode 4 released.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Naxos.2503 said:I think right now they're facing creative difficulties : They finished major arcs of the game, but did so in ways that did not hint at what comes next, contrary to all the previous instances where portions of the story were cleared : Killing Zhaitan clearly mentionned more elder dragons > Living Word 1 ended with clear indication that Mordremoth was waking > Heart of Thorns hinted at unbalancing of magic energies, meaning a need to rethink the strategy > Living World Season 3 worked in Balthazaar for Path of Fire > Path of Fire worked in Kralkatorik and Joko. But Living world season 4 ? Season was a Closure on the previous two, without opening anything after, which is ... bothersome. Or did anyone notice Something I missed ?

Oh absolutely, but working on something doesn't necessarily mean they had it planned before season 4 ended, that's what I meant. As I mentionned, Season 4 ended in a way completely unlike any other endings previously : Without any hint on what comes next

@Naxos.2503 said:

Oh absolutely, but working on something doesn't necessarily mean they had it planned before season 4 ended, that's what I meant. As I mentionned, Season 4 ended in a way completely unlike any other endings previously : Without any hint on what comes next

Episode 4 or Season 4?

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Episode 4 or Season 4?

Season 4, I didn't really spot any sequel hook after the finale in episode 6, nor much of any hints during the whole season, beside maybe one mention that Jormag and Primordus were rousing again, which I found odd, as both had been "addressed" before. Now that I think about it, I'm not even sure I saw that, I might be imagining it

@Naxos.2503 said:

Episode 4 or Season 4?

Season 4, I didn't really spot any sequel hook after the finale in episode 6, nor much of any hints during the whole season, beside maybe one mention that Jormag and Primordus were rousing again, which I found odd, as both had been "addressed" before.

I meant, the person you answered stated Episode 4 (of Season 4). Or was it a typo?

@Naxos.2503 said:

They have a 9+ month development cycle per episode. They started it quite some time ago and definitely before season 4 ended.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Episode 4 or Season 4?

Season 4, I didn't really spot any sequel hook after the finale in episode 6, nor much of any hints during the whole season, beside maybe one mention that Jormag and Primordus were rousing again, which I found odd, as both had been "addressed" before.

I meant, the person you answered stated Episode 4 (of Season 4). Or was it a typo?

I think that was intended to be episode 4, since I recall the devs announcing they'd skip the expac to go straight into living world season 5 rather early, maybe that's what they meant ? As in, they'd be working on season 5 directly after season 4, and they announced it after episode 4. To me that doesn't necessarily mean they have a plan for how to bring it to fruition though, One can work on something without a clear direction, such as the early stages of creative thinking where you throw ideas in, and see what sticks. Usually, sequel hooks are what they use to state that the direction they're going for is decided in advance (such advance that it is included in the previous story).

The absence of it in the last episode and throughout the storyline is what makes me think they have been delayed in establishing the follow-up. As I said, the full season was essentially only a closure, and did not hint at what comes next, which is very uncommon for their releases. It might make the implementation of the next storyline a little bit clumsy, or a little more drawn out if done correctly : Instead of starting to build the plotline from the end of the previous arc, the build up would begin slowly at the start of the new one. It's fine either way, it's just very different from before

@Naxos.2503 said:

Episode 4 or Season 4?

Season 4, I didn't really spot any sequel hook after the finale in episode 6, nor much of any hints during the whole season, beside maybe one mention that Jormag and Primordus were rousing again, which I found odd, as both had been "addressed" before. Now that I think about it, I'm not even sure I saw that, I might be imagining it

Yeah, S4 ended and finished an extremely long and ongoing arc. I don't think they have those creative difficulties - they can literally go anywhere and now would be the best time because there aren't too many open threads in the recent past that would absolutely need answering.

And to reply to the other thing further up: We didn't get a teaser at the very end because of what I just said. We finished something really, really big. It wouldn't feel right to tease an upcoming release right at the way we ended this one. Besides that this is the first time we didn't get an expac, it wouldn't really make sense to tease a living story release that is still months in the future. Makes sense for an expansion, not this. We haven't had an LS season after an LS season yet. This is new territory. No, season 1 does not count. That was a switch to a whole new business model basically.

Considering all they have said, we might get different types of content now as well. Them saying it might not always be a new map we're getting hints at that as well. Maybe we get to expand on already existing maps, maybe it will be instances dealing with missing links. Nobody really knows, we can only guess. However, this could also mean that this season will be far shorter, which could easily lead all the way to an expansion again that's not too far off.

@Blocki.4931 said:

Episode 4 or Season 4?

Yeah, S4 ended and finished an extremely long and ongoing arc. I don't think they have those creative difficulties - they can literally go anywhere and now would be the best time because there aren't too many open threads in the recent past that would absolutely need answering.

And to reply to the other thing further up: We didn't get a teaser at the very end because of what I just said. We finished something really, really big. It wouldn't feel right to tease an upcoming release right at the way we ended this one. Besides that this is the first time we didn't get an expac, it wouldn't really make sense to tease a living story release that is still months in the future. Makes sense for an expansion, not this. We haven't had an LS season after an LS season yet. This is new territory. No, season 1 does not count. That was a switch to a whole new business model basically.

Considering all they have said, we might get different types of content now as well. Them saying it might not always be a new map we're getting hints at that as well. Maybe we get to expand on already existing maps, maybe it will be instances dealing with missing links. Nobody really knows, we can only guess. However, this could also mean that this season will be far shorter, which could easily lead all the way to an expansion again that's not too far off.

Perhaps creative difficulties was too strong a word even. Most likely the silence is due to them working hard on Something far different than what they had before, and perhaps the departure is why they did not hook the sequel onto the current finale.

Although I'd still like to have a hint darn it D:

@Blocki.4931 said:And to reply to the other thing further up: We didn't get a teaser at the very end because of what I just said. We finished something really, really big.Unlike something minor, like, for example, killing a god?

Besides that this is the first time we didn't get an expac, it wouldn't really make sense to tease a living story release that is still months in the future.They did tease LS2 at the end of LS1, remember?

We haven't had an LS season after an LS season yet. This is new territory. No, season 1 does not count. That was a switch to a whole new business model basically....So, LS1 to LS2 doesn't count, because following LS with LS then was a switch to a new business model? Or it doesn't count because it does not support your argument?

Where did you get 2-3 months content schedule from? It's been 3-4+ months ever since LW4 Ep5 and they've even stated that themselves. Ep6 took almost 5 months to come out because of the layoffs too.You can't expect much from Anet who work at a snail's pace. It takes them years to add QoL features (Swiss tournament and spec templates anyone are still nowhere to be seen) and months to add shallow story content. They provide niche content for players who play a few hours a week/month which is why this game lacks the income it needs. Players aren't going to invest money in a game when it doesn't warrant their time in the first place.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:And to reply to the other thing further up: We didn't get a teaser at the very end because of what I just said. We finished something really, really big.Unlike something minor, like, for example,
killing a god
?

It was a major stepping stone of the arc that we ended last episode.

Besides that this is the first time we didn't get an expac, it wouldn't really make sense to tease a living story release that is still months in the future.They did tease LS2 at the end of LS1, remember?

No, because I haven't played when LS2 rolled around. 3 releases that still followed the 2 week cadence, then we went to the one we have right now with several months in between. I couldn't find the exact date when S1 ended, but S2 started on the first of July 2014. Was there a long break between the two? Because everything would indicate that they were close together and that it only really started with Dragon's Reach Part 2. Why wouldn't they tease a release that would come out in a few weeks?

We haven't had an LS season after an LS season yet. This is new territory. No, season 1 does not count. That was a switch to a whole new business model basically....So, LS1 to LS2 doesn't count, because following LS with LS then was a switch to a new business model? Or it doesn't count because it does not support your argument?

I simply found it redundant to mention because it's not the same situation at all, as I explained. Though, if you really really really wanted to, one could argue that it's the very same situation but with a much larger gap between releases - which again, would simply stay true to the way they usually tease stuff.