Two-Seater Skyscale.... Yes, Its Possible!

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Players already 'become the mount'; which is why there are no 'two-seaters'.

It would appear that the player is transformed into the mount, then they get a 'clone' of themselves attached to them with mount tethering.

We know that more than one player can be tethered to a creature thanks to a nice friendly spider that likes hugs and a the moa races.

Which means a player can become the mount, and get tethered to them their clone, and then other players.

The harder part then would be making the animations to match different seats in a mount.

Because of that, reworking existing mounts to be 2-seaters may be a bit troublesome, but it should be possible to make a much larger mount that can carry several players.

The biggest problem with this is motion sickness issues. When mounts first came out there was reports of motion sickness issues. Also when someone is prone to motion sickness it gets worse when they aren't in control. Having a rider would present all sorts of challenges to the devs to prevent this. It really wouldn't be worth the effort.

@mauried.5608 said:To whom is it a good idea?Far too much of these forums is simply Anet should do this or Anet should do that and that whatever they do , it costs them nothing.Programmers time is not free.Explain how Anet pays for the effort to do this , and more importantly what they stop doing in the meantime.

Always a good idea to the players, no one in this forum can give an ultimate explanation on whether something costs too much and what would need to be dropped as no one has the cards here.

Players can only put forward what they like and are interested in. So obviously the forum is full of that. It should be obvious that ArenaNet is the one making the planning on what is prioritised over what. Thats not our job.

@Tekoneiric.6817 said:The biggest problem with this is motion sickness issues. When mounts first came out there was reports of motion sickness issues. Also when someone is prone to motion sickness it gets worse when they aren't in control. Having a rider would present all sorts of challenges to the devs to prevent this. It really wouldn't be worth the effort.

You don't have control with the four winds boat, dragonfall airship, and cinematic scenes from the Kralk fight which is pretty fast sometimes. The Kralk fight movement you have no choice but to look away, whereas being a passenger on a mount would totally be optional. Lets also consider that you could have the option to not look while being a passenger but that would be one of the coolest parts. If it was still a concern, limit the mount to slower turns, etc.

I fail to see why people even want this as a feature.

All I see is a great way for people to troll others and get them killed for their own amusement.

New player: "Can someone fly me to this vista?"Troll: "Sure"'Flies high up in the air and uses Bond of faith.. laughs while new player plummets to their death.'

@"Teratus.2859" said:I fail to see why people even want this as a feature.

All I see is a great way for people to troll others and get them killed for their own amusement.

New player: "Can someone fly me to this vista?"Troll: "Sure"'Flies high up in the air and uses Bond of faith.. laughs while new player plummets to their death.'

It's what i did with my 2 seated dragon mount in wow..

@"Teratus.2859" said:I fail to see why people even want this as a feature.

New player: "Can someone fly me to this vista?"Troll: "Sure"'Flies high up in the air and uses Bond of faith.. laughs while new player plummets to their death.'give both bond of faith or disable it when you have a passenger. Not so hard.

There is also the "ethics" issue, for lack of a better word. Restrictions and abuses. Would those who have not purchased PoF be entitled to get a ride on a PoF feature? I wouldn't think so. I could fly any of my alt account characters around a map, complete Explorer achievements, etc? Those are the easy ones to imagine, I'm sure there are a lot of potential abuses.

Anet would have to add a "taxi service" category to LFG.

@Cobrakon.3108 said:

@Tekoneiric.6817 said:The biggest problem with this is motion sickness issues. When mounts first came out there was reports of motion sickness issues. Also when someone is prone to motion sickness it gets worse when they aren't in control. Having a rider would present all sorts of challenges to the devs to prevent this. It really wouldn't be worth the effort.

You don't have control with the four winds boat, dragonfall airship, and cinematic scenes from the Kralk fight which is pretty fast sometimes. The Kralk fight movement you have no choice but to look away, whereas being a passenger on a mount would totally be optional. Lets also consider that you could have the option to not look while being a passenger but that would be one of the coolest parts. If it was still a concern, limit the mount to slower turns, etc.

I don't have an issue with motion sickness but know people that do. I have friends that told me they can't watch others play games because of the motion sickness issue. The four winds boat (and Sandswept Isles) are slow moving. The other examples aren't the best trigger wise. Mounts have lots of jerky movement and sweeping turns through sometimes tight terrain which could trigger a rider. Plus frame rate changes amplifying it. I did a game video once that I considered tame motion wise that got complaints.

@"Kelly.7019" said:Anet would first have to redesign their game engine- then maybe they could address some of these things. but we all know that's not happening anytime soon.If people said 7 years ago that "yeah you're totally going to have smooth flying mounts in this game that can leap off walls" people would have said are you kitten insane they would have to replace the entire game engine to support that!!!

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Kelly.7019" said:Anet would first have to redesign their game engine- then maybe they could address some of these things. but we all know that's not happening anytime soon.If people said 7 years ago that "yeah you're totally going to have smooth flying mounts in this game that can leap off walls" people would have said
are you kitten insane they would have to replace the entire game engine to support that!!!

Exactly lol. Remember all the beating a dead horse responses to adding mounts to the game?

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Kelly.7019" said:Anet would first have to redesign their game engine- then maybe they could address some of these things. but we all know that's not happening anytime soon.If people said 7 years ago that "yeah you're totally going to have smooth flying mounts in this game that can leap off walls" people would have said
are you kitten insane they would have to replace the entire game engine to support that!!!

Exactly lol. Remember all the beating a dead horse responses to adding mounts to the game?

actually in part its true. There are some things that require an entirely new game engine. Mixnmatching armor weights is among them simply due to development decisions made years before the game was even launched. Add to that they have videos on youtube where they discuss mounts and how they work, Its not two seperate models like most people think as people above have stated. You can find videos(pre POF internal beta videos) of experimental two seater mounts and the massive amounts of issues they had. (as to those beating the dead horse comments, alot of players against mounts still play, but 90% of us didnt want mounts due to them being little more than a speed boost. ANET did a good job with them, provided they dont keep making more to replace older ones stares at skyskale.)

But the main question is, what does anet gain from this, whats the purpose of the mount in general? i highly doubt theyd let people without POF use it anyways, so it would be limited to players who already have the mounts? why bother?