Isn't Firebrand the real problem?

@Crab Fear.1624 said:We have a game not designed for a trinity, yet one of the deities has been present since PoF release.

Honestly, it's arguable that Guardian Support/Necro Boon Conversion have always been 2 parts of the trinity since day one. They've always been present in winning teams. The only time this was not true, was when Ele briefly took over support role. The 3rd part of the trinity, has never really solidified.

@"ollbirtan.2915" said:

Rants like this from players who most likely have never played the actual class, but happened to come across a good FB player/duo so they couldn't insta pew-pew them, lead to kitten unnecessary nerfs to classes, as it seems like the devs "balance" the classes based on the amount of "NERF CLASS XXX" threads on forums.

Imagine a world where one simple and rather neutral sentence is considered a rant.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

give fb back its tome reset k thx

Renewed focus works on the books.

Renewed Justice still works on Tomb of Justice

Lore master got chopped from 33% to 20% in PvP. (doesn't seem it was ever free full rc)

What reset?

I assume you do not play FB. Neither FB support or sage FB use renewed focus. Renewed justice is a PvE thing. And no FB build runs it (radiance) anyway. The CDs of ToR and ToC were increased around Nov of last year. Obviously, was not enough to put FB support in line.

FB needs a curb to its ability to provide aoe boons. Especially stability.

@otto.5684 said:

@"Grimjack.8130" said:

give fb back its tome reset k thx

Renewed focus works on the books.

Renewed Justice still works on Tomb of Justice

Lore master got chopped from 33% to 20% in PvP. (doesn't seem it was ever free full rc)

What reset?

I assume you do not play FB. Neither FB support or sage FB use renewed focus. Renewed justice is a PvE thing. And no FB build runs it (radiance) anyway. The CDs of ToR and ToC were increased in sPvP around Nov of last year. Obviously, was not enough to put FB support in line.

FB needs a curb to its ability to provide aoe boons. Especially stability.

I was simply asking what reset he was talking about.

I don't play it competitively, but I learn all classes in unranked.

The forums, unlike what some may believe, is not my first stop in figuring out my problems.

TBH, firebrand isn't that big of a problem for me.

Maybe the hybrid dps firebrand is kind of toxic though...

I don't mind people snarling up at me if I am asking the questions other might be afraid to.

Anyways....

This thread was more of a response to the constant whining about necro (which I actually do not play).

I feel like necro is in fine spot, maybe a little weak when by themselves.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/81436/2-necros-in-every-game-why-is-no-one-talking-about-this#latest

I wouldn't mind if they enhanced the other supports like tempest or druid.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:We have a game not designed for a trinity, yet one of the deities has been present since PoF release.

A full blown healer shouldn't of ever been in this game. It betrays GW2 founding principles. If they want it to continue in game then they should allow all the other stuff they were against having too i.e casting bars.

@Crab Fear.1624 I am a guardian main, and I find FB support to be the biggest issue in sPvP right now. Many of the complaints around necro and rev are actually FB issues. Healing is typically not an issue for most builds. So, the healing FB support provides is not why it is strong. It is the other defensive buffs that neutralizes most of allies weakness. To be fair, it is not as broken as it was in the past.

As for sage FB, it is a different topic. I still have not came to a solid conclusion in its regard. Is it OP, meta or viable? I cannot tell. Its ability to dish deliberating condis is unparalleled. Forget mesmer silly interruption build. One axe + mantra of truth is blindness + chill + cripple + weakness and of course burn and bleed. The enemy has usually around 0.5 sec to break CC. If they do not they must instantly disengage or major condi cleanse. And this can hit 3 targets. I still think its viability and high level stuff is questionable, but this is probably the build you can most 1v2 or 1v3. Scrapper and SB can stale. But this can literally win.. It also doubles up with FB support. So, if your team has an FB support, you can just play as if you are a scourge. You cannot corrupt boons, but if your support FB is competent, you become nearly unkillable. Nothing beats 5-6 aegis in 10 sec...

With nerfs to almost everything except ele this patch, it could go up the chain. Will see..

Maybe buff the other supports, better auras for tempest, some boon removal on ventari, more group oriented scrapper gyros which are work better with people and are kinda bad solo so no brain dead bunkering, rework on druid so its more teamfight oriented instead of being a brick on the side node, maybe turn the pet into celestial when entering the mode so you get conduit rotating around you for better support stuff.The problem here is that the classes don't have defined role while Firebrand has and everything else is bad in comparison, maybe the other stuff should do 1 special thing that makes them better then the rest.