Upcoming Balance Notes

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh look! A reaper nerf! Thanks Anet! What a fair and totally needed nerf!Here's an idea, instead of worrying about reworking things that don't need a rework and screwing up things further for others, how about you "rework" your balance team?!Here are some patch notes your balance team should impliment:

1. Actually listen to your playerbase. I know this seems like a weird idea, but hear me out. Your playerbase is the lifeblood of this game. The money they bring in is what helps keep you afloat right? So if you listen to their feed back, and when I say listen I don't mean to just read what is said and move on, I mean actually read everything that has been said and actually discuss it with the rest of the team AND the players. Keeping players happy, keeps them playing. Oh and incase this wasn't obvious, that means discussing negative feedback too. I know you're not keen on doing so since most of you seem to only respond to praise but maybe that needs to be fixed too.

2. Actually play the game and game modes with the classes you plan to "fix". There have been so many times that your "balance team" has completely screwed things up because it would seem that they are absolutely clueless when it comes to a lot of things. Maybe if the team was built with people that actually play the game and each class, we wouldn't see so many changes that just come across as random/weird changes to things no one was complaining about in the first place.

3. If you are going to claim something is making a class do something that isn't intended, back it up with proof. In the case of [soul Eater], you claim that it provided "a little too much survivability." Ok, in what game mode? I highly doubt that you're talking about PvP or WvW, which leaves PvE, what?! a class is surviving in PvE?! oh noooo!!! If by some crazy chance you are infact saying it's an issue in PvP and/or WvW then I would love for you to prove that. I have yet to see any reaper become absolutely unkillable because of this trait and even if that was the case, you have the ability to split it between PvP modes and PvE modes.

4. This kinda goes with point 1. but, When asking for feedback, ACTUALLY DISCUSS THINGS WITH THE PLAYERS!!!! So far all I've ever seen you guys do is say "here are the changes! we'd love your feedback!" before going radio silent and ending up not actually changing things or even acknowledge the feedback you've been given. We are giving you feedback because we want the game to get better, not because we like to waste our time! Communication is important, so actually communicate! Bring forth your ideas, Listen to the players feedback both positive and negative, and work with the players to make things work. Just because you're the balance team does not mean you're ideas are always the best thing for the game. Learn to admit when you're wrong and fix the problems your create ASAP instead of making people wait until the next balance patch!

I'm sure I could think of more things, but I feel like this is a good start. Anyway, Seriously think hard about what you plan on implementing with this patch, read the feedback and make the appropriate changes BEFORE the patch goes live!

@"judgebeo.3976" said:I would like to see how all this changes work togehter, but there is one thing im not understanding:Anet says: "we want that there is a cost in choosing the specializaiton line".Well as far as I see this applies to some specs and not others. For example mesmer: If you choose chrono line you loose your 4/seconds distortion that, can be recharged with illusion signet, also, you NEED at least one clone to shatter (so traits that give you boons or remove condis through shatter dont work anymore if you dont have an illusion) AND the mesmer itself is removed from the shatter effect...Ok... but what happens if you choose a mirage? there is no drawback. Just get better dodge, attack while dodge, dodge while stun... extra condition damage, all the shatters and the mesmer also acting as an illusion on shatter.

There are other specs that got the same feeling and still not understanding the "policy" of anet specs/classes reviews sometimes.

This is not a complaint, im sure there is a reason for that all and, maybe, when the changes are on live everything is gonna have snese, but, actually looking what anet says thay want classes/skills to be (not passive, then, more active playing) and balancing the specs so they mean not only a beneffit, also a backdraw... seems they are just focusing on one part of the game, not the whole.

The answer is that there are HoT owners that still has not bought PoF. This cannot stand. So Chrono must die in all engame modes.

@"Xykris.6758" said:Oh look! A reaper nerf! Thanks Anet! What a fair and totally needed nerf!Here's an idea, instead of worrying about reworking things that don't need a rework and screwing up things further for others, how about you "rework" your balance team?!Here are some patch notes your balance team should impliment:

1. Actually listen to your playerbase. I know this seems like a weird idea, but hear me out. Your playerbase is the lifeblood of this game. The money they bring in is what helps keep you afloat right? So if you listen to their feed back, and when I say listen I don't mean to just read what is said and move on, I mean actually read everything that has been said and actually discuss it with the rest of the team AND the players. Keeping players happy, keeps them playing. Oh and incase this wasn't obvious, that means discussing negative feedback too. I know you're not keen on doing so since most of you seem to only respond to praise but maybe that needs to be fixed too.

2. Actually play the game and game modes with the classes you plan to "fix". There have been so many times that your "balance team" has completely screwed things up because it would seem that they are absolutely clueless when it comes to a lot of things. Maybe if the team was built with people that actually play the game and each class, we wouldn't see so many changes that just come across as random/weird changes to things no one was complaining about in the first place.

3. If you are going to claim something is making a class do something that isn't intended, back it up with proof. In the case of [soul Eater], you claim that it provided "a little too much survivability." Ok, in what game mode? I highly doubt that you're talking about PvP or WvW, which leaves PvE, what?! a class is surviving in PvE?! oh noooo!!! If by some crazy chance you are infact saying it's an issue in PvP and/or WvW then I would love for you to prove that. I have yet to see any reaper become absolutely unkillable because of this trait and even if that was the case, you have the ability to split it between PvP modes and PvE modes.

4. This kinda goes with point 1. but, When asking for feedback, ACTUALLY DISCUSS THINGS WITH THE PLAYERS!!!! So far all I've ever seen you guys do is say "here are the changes! we'd love your feedback!" before going radio silent and ending up not actually changing things or even acknowledge the feedback you've been given. We are giving you feedback because we want the game to get better, not because we like to waste our time! Communication is important, so actually communicate! Bring forth your ideas, Listen to the players feedback both positive and negative, and work with the players to make things work. Just because you're the balance team does not mean you're ideas are always the best thing for the game. Learn to admit when you're wrong and fix the problems your create ASAP instead of making people wait until the next balance patch!

I'm sure I could think of more things, but I feel like this is a good start. Anyway, Seriously think hard about what you plan on implementing with this patch, read the feedback and make the appropriate changes BEFORE the patch goes live!

So much this ^ if this team does not change how their doing things ncsoft might as well just shut anet down as itl just be a huge waste of their money in the end. This team and their methods are gonna be a huge factor in why this game dies.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@"Irenio CalmonHuang.2048" said:

Engineer
  • Scrapper traits have been reworked and repositioned. The specialization line has changed as follows:
    • Minor
      • Impact Savant: This trait no longer increases damage while you have barrier. Instead it converts 15% of all outgoing strike damage into barrier and
        reduces vitality by 300.

I'd like to ask you to reconsider this specific change for multiple reasons:
  • It
    shoehorns scrapper into power damage
    . "Outgoing strike damage" almost always means power damage packets, not condi damage. If you want diversity in scrapper builds, this will have the exact opposite effect.
  • It harms support scrapper builds -- specifically healing scrapper builds. These builds rarely put out damage -- making them significantly more vulnerable to damage in general. These builds also tend to use condi damage for their damage.
  • 300 vitality = 3000 health. In order to get that back in the form of barrier (at a rate of 15%), you would need to do 20,000 damage. In most realistic PvP scenarios, this would be difficult to acquire within the period of time that a burst class could kill you. 15% is reasonable for PvE, but not competitive formats.
  • You just nerfed scrapper's damage output overall. It doesn't have the kind of burst berserker does. How is it supposed to make up the 20k damage difference?

I was going to say basically this.

Please consider that players may want to run condition builds with Scrapper. This vitality drop and removal of other sustain traits when the new trait only applies on "strike damage" is massively punishing to that playstyle. There are so few traits that even work with condi right now (most are in the Firearms line, a few in Explosions and .. I think that's it).

@"Xykris.6758" said:

1. If you are going to claim something is making a class do something that isn't intended, back it up with proof. In the case of [soul Eater], you claim that it provided "a little too much survivability." Ok, in what game mode? I highly doubt that you're talking about PvP or WvW, which leaves PvE, what?! a class is surviving in PvE?! oh noooo!!! If by some crazy chance you are infact saying it's an issue in PvP and/or WvW then I would love for you to prove that. I have yet to see any reaper become absolutely unkillable because of this trait and even if that was the case, you have the ability to split it between PvP modes and PvE modes.

If you look back to my post and the original post by @LadyKitty.6120 that is quoted it is very clear they did this based on how it performed in a raid group and not all PvE. I don't think that makes it anymore palatable because frankly to me it makes it even more distasteful because that percentage of player base is the smallest in the game! Clearly keeping raiders happy is someone on that teams main objective. I completely agree that there asking for feedback seems like a mute point when they never actually discuss anything brought up.

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

Ok... but what happens if you choose a mirage? there is a drawback. Just get a worse dodge, 1/3 of the attack covered by dodge, dodge while stun... a bunch of worse less traits to get into IH, all the shatters and the mesmer also acting as an illusion on shatter.

Just a little FTFY.

There is no drawback... Dont play the clueless guy.

I haven't touched Chrono in forever and I won't after this. What was the point of most of these changes anyway when there's other stuff in the game that needs fixing more? Why give the Mesmer shatters new names instead of specifying in the Chrono spec that they simply have additional effects? Does everyone at Anet stifle a giggle when someone says the word "balance"?

@bluberblasen.9684 said:

Ok... but what happens if you choose a mirage? there is a drawback. Just get a worse dodge, 1/3 of the attack covered by dodge, dodge while stun... a bunch of worse less traits to get into IH, all the shatters and the mesmer also acting as an illusion on shatter.

Just a little FTFY.

A dodge that covers less distance than a regular dodge.Dodge while attacking is dead since the 0.25sec nerf, every ambush is cast between half and 2/3 outside mirage cloak.Nice try tho.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

Engineer
  • Overload: Overloading now disables all toolbelt skills for its duration.

You want to know this decision is poorly thought out? This entire trait (Photonic Blasting Module):
- Depends on overheating, and now half of a holosmith's options are cut off. This is really disappointing.

Is this referring to overheating, what is overloading on holo?

This. Guys - are you sure they're talking about overheating? The patch notes specifically talk about the Scrapper, not the Holosmith. Everyone is getting their panties knotted, but I'm fairly certain they're talking about overcharging turrets and not overheating. Then again, maybe overloading is a new mechanic?

@Artasian Nosferatu.3516 said:

Engineer
  • Overload: Overloading now disables all toolbelt skills for its duration.

You want to know this decision is poorly thought out? This entire trait (Photonic Blasting Module):
- Depends on overheating, and now half of a holosmith's options are cut off. This is really disappointing.

Is this referring to overheating, what is overloading on holo?

This. Guys - are you sure they're talking about overheating? The patch notes specifically talk about the Scrapper, not the Holosmith. Everyone is getting their panties knotted, but I'm fairly certain they're talking about overcharging turrets and not overheating. Then again, maybe overloading is a new mechanic?

"we're also slightly increasing the penalty for holosmiths overheating, as it wasn't commensurate with the level of power granted by holoforge mode."

The Overloading thing is the only downside that could possibly Apply to Holosmith if it means Overheat. The only other thing refering to Holo is the Enhanced Capacity Storage and that's a buff.

Thank you for killing my Holosmith play with the unbearable punishment for overheating and making my belt skills completely irrelevant when i would overheat, my main character is now pretty much useless holosmith, while i am making the shining blade for it you also nerf that damage.

Dune Cloak needs a damage buff of at least 165% in PvE if you want any hope of Power mirage becoming viable.

You can leave it at a 100% for PvP to test it out, but I guarantee you that is still going to be to low to take even with the boon absorb over IH on power builds, or have an extended radius of at least 240.

@Marxx.5021 said:

@Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:Greetings fellow Tyrians!

We've prepared a Balance Update that is slated for next week and in keeping with our push to get the Release Notes to you early so that you can theorycraft, discuss and prepare... here they are. Enjoy!

Is this sarcasm?

It could be sarcasm or perhaps the Mod, just like the Balance Team, hardly play the game and has no idea how messed up and toxic the patch is.

@Documental.5946 said:God bless you ANet, I don't how it is you and plenty of others don't react to the soapbox that's culminated here.

Of course, to those whose mains are not affected by the nerfs or who hardly play the game anymore, all these looked like soap operas. For the rest of us, who truly supported the game for years, this patch is a heartbreaking disappointment and like someone mentioned in the thread, a spit to our face. Yuck.

@SufingZerg.6208 said:Unyielding Anguish: This skill has been reworked and renamed Call to Anguish. It is now a leap finisher skill that pulls foes to the center of your landing point and chills them. This skill has an energy cost of 35 and a 5-second recharge.this is so kitten dumb, I guess now you just never actually use any of the skills except your elite when in mallyx. the other 2 are already a dps loss if you use them, unyeilding anguish is the only one that was worth using. (and well the stunbreak when you got stunned) I don't get your idea here, renegade is worse than condi mirage for nearly all raid bosses. and it requires lots of skill to pull off, why even nerf it in the first place? makes 0 sense, I really hope you don't go through with this kitten.

No, you won't use the elite either, the update change the elite to a permanent Dark field that ruin everything ...RIP Mallyx ...Demonic Defiance: lesser Consume Conditions ... not removing Cons, affected by Poisoned.Pain Absorption: 70%+ of time I don't have 30 energy when I do need BS so I normally use Legend swap w/ trait ... and ... Resistance is not useful in PvE, and totally useless in PvP and WvW (so many Boons corruption)Banish Enchantment: The projectile is so~ slow, and it always miss a moving target ...Unyielding Anguish: RIPCall to Anguish: If it can grab like Spectral Grasp, it might be okay in some situation. But I do think Anet will just keep the range 600 for the leap + radius 240 for grabbing.Embrace the Darkness: RIP

Have any of the anet devs that contributed to this 'update' actually ever played this game for more than a few hours, for more than just a show on their twitch channel?! Anet, you are killing the game. As someone whose played since gw1 and being a strong supporter of this game, I may have to stop here. This patch has so much wrong with it, I just don't know where to begin. You have been killing mesmer for years now to cater to a few crybabies, now you are utterly , completely, irreversibly destroying it. Not to mention all the other classes receiving unwarranted changes. Rev, necro, druid, engi, thief, ele, did i miss anyone? Warrior who is receiving more buffs! I can't even describe the disappointment, the dismay and apprehension i feel for the future of the game.

@Vlad Morbius.1759 said:

@"Xykris.6758" said:
  1. If you are going to claim something is making a class do something that isn't intended, back it up with proof. In the case of [soul Eater], you claim that it provided "a little too much survivability." Ok, in what game mode? I highly doubt that you're talking about PvP or WvW, which leaves PvE, what?! a class is surviving in PvE?! oh noooo!!! If by some crazy chance you are infact saying it's an issue in PvP and/or WvW then I would love for you to prove that. I have yet to see any reaper become absolutely unkillable because of this trait and even if that was the case, you have the ability to split it between PvP modes and PvE modes.

If you look back to my post and the original post by @LadyKitty.6120 that is quoted it is very clear they did this based on how it performed in a raid group and not all PvE. I don't think that makes it anymore palatable because frankly to me it makes it even more distasteful because that percentage of player base is the smallest in the game! Clearly keeping raiders happy is someone on that teams main objective. I completely agree that there asking for feedback seems like a mute point when they never actually discuss anything brought up.

I did not see a single player complaining about reaper being too op in raids. So this change is completely unnecessary unless they plan to give reaper like 8k more dps.

Looking at PvP modes, necro has a lot of weaknesses:Weak to:CcBurstRangeHigh mobile enemies and enemies with a lot of sustain

This trait soul eater. Only made sustain a bit better there. But it's not like other classes, that can walk through enemy zergs without getting a single scratch.

Durable frontline fighter my a.. there isn't even one thing durable bout reaper right now.-no passive protection anymore-no 7seconds cd on shroud anymore-5% lf loss/s in shroud-both traitlines that should add something to durability (bloodmagic + deathmagic) are so bad, that no good build uses them-loss of souleater healing (yes, out of shroud it still heals, but you have to stay in melee range - good luck with that. Most classes will just stay away from you, and the ones that don't, are happy if you try to Facetank them - and in stead of adding sustain, that wil most likely kill you)

And on top of that: 50% dmg reduction in shroud doesn't work most of the times.Or there is a theory, that if you receive a hit, that is higher than the amount of lifeforce you have left, the hit goes through without dmg reduction working:Guess what, every single class is easily able to do 5-6k hits, for some it's even easy to land 10-12k hits.That's already over half of the amount of lifeforce, that any good reaper build has right now!

I don't really expect Arena Net to listen. Most big companies think they know better, and it is what it is. However as a veteran player and a Psychologist in real life I probably somewhat have a handle on the GW2 player base and human psychology. Here it is simply. Arena Net, listen to your player base here! Whatever you intended with these changes the unintended 'result' is a player base that is feeling punished and upset (for the most part). Human beings go through stages when these things happen. Frustration, anger, approach behaviours (like complaining on forums) and avoidance behaviours like abandoning classes and perhaps the game altogether. For all I know punishing your player base is a part of a master plan to shut the game down eventually. Who knows? However, if you intend to keep players and people purchasing Gems Id suggest you halt these changes immediately and listen to YOUR community.

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

@"judgebeo.3976" said:

Just a little FTFY.

A dodge that covers less distance than a regular dodge.Dodge while attacking is dead since the 0.25sec nerf, every ambush is cast between half and 2/3 outside mirage cloak.Nice try tho.

I don't know how much you played chrono, core or mirage, I assume you played them a lot when you do this statments, the question is. Ask yourself what are you playing actually? Even with this "drawbacks" you say, im pretty sure you keep playing mirage.The thing is that mirage line makes you being the only one able to dodge no matter what happens. That means, you cant be locked down for a big dps or burst, you can do it at the same time the opponent attacks, so you hit him, but he can't hit you (and is not a block that you can ignore with some skills, is invulnerable), also, the distance of the dodge, if you run forward, is not even noticable, but, on the other side, you can stay still dodging, what is also uniq and pretty useful sometimes. Not only that, that trait gives you condi damage buff, but also, healing on every dodge, and protection after that dodge and not happy with that you also your illusions spaming condis at the same rate than you, then comes the shatter, that got the same effect as the core mesmer.Just think, where is the drawback? No other line is being able to give you condi time reduction, good heal every dodge, condi damage bonus, illusion damage, defensive boons (regen, prot, vigor...) and, also, a dodge that permits you to control the direction easily, or stand still, that permits you attacking while you do it (so you dont need skill on dodge / counter attack timing), and even if you get stuned, or inmobilized, you still being able to dodge anything...Im not asking for a nerf, just saying that the idea of choosing and spec must have its drawbacks is pretty good, but while on chrono you kill distorision... yes 1-4 secs invulneravility that you were able to recast with another shatter, or sigil of illusions like in mirage or core... and loosing the mesmer shater on itself... AND loosing the posibility of use a shatter without clones (1 second of invul/dist/condi removed/heal/ or 1.5 time recall...) on mirage you got no drawback from a core mesmer. Just take a look. How many core mesmers are on pvp/wvw/pve? and compare them with how many mirages are out there. Thats a fact... not an opinion...