Elemental Weapon Skill Change Suggestion for Elementalists

SpecialWink.4782

Hey there,I wanted to suggest an interesting idea for the Ele class where their elemental weapon skills function more like weapon kits like for the the engineer.Obviously there would need to be re-balancing.They can remove the additional weapon charge drop for another player, as an example to make the change viable.I believe that this change would allow for more interesting builds and put skills to use more often.Let me know if you agree on just the initial thought of having your ele weapon skills function more like weapon kits.

I think that the main thing that this would allow the devs to do is further nerf ele weapon skills into irrelevancy. If anything conjures need to be removed. They do not add anything to a class that already has 20-25 weapon skills. Everything conjures could add, can easily be integrated to the kit that contains the most weapon skills. All that's needed is for the devs to want to do this.

@Ganathar.4956 said:I think that the main thing that this would allow the devs to do is further nerf ele weapon skills into irrelevancy. If anything conjures need to be removed. They do not add anything to a class that already has 20-25 weapon skills. Everything conjures could add, can easily be integrated to the kit that contains the most weapon skills. All that's needed is for the devs to want to do this.

Yet, if you run daggers, conjures offer a way of getting longer range attacks. Trying to merge range into dagger would most likely end with water 1 becoming longer range, which doesn't really helps.

@SpecialWink.4782 said:Hey there,I wanted to suggest an interesting idea for the Ele class where their elemental weapon skills function more like weapon kits like for the the engineer.Obviously there would need to be re-balancing.They can remove the additional weapon charge drop for another player, as an example to make the change viable.I believe that this change would allow for more interesting builds and put skills to use more often.Let me know if you agree on just the initial thought of having your ele weapon skills function more like weapon kits.

The main Issue I see is that the conjure weapons would not have any CD left to equip/unequip. It's great ! it increases the skill cap and the APM required but I think the dmg it can bring is a bit crazy.

As an example, take Ice bow skill 4 .. the CD isn't that huge. but what makes it balance is that (first it got nerfed several times) you can't use it more than 2 times on the time the conjure is .... well ... conjured . Then you have to wait 1 more minute before being able to re-use it (excluding the second one conjured)

They might rethink all the CD if they make conjure weapons able to equip/unequip at any time ... but man it would be awesome !!

@Westenev.5289 said:Err, aren't Conjured weapons already kind of like kits?

I imagine that if Engi's had 20 weapon skills at any given time, they might avoid kits too.

Well they do function like kits already, but the difference is that the ele weapon skills have charge amount of uses. I would like to petition that part to be removed and allow its use to be endless like the engineer. Yes the ele does have over 20 skills, this is true, but the overall weapon skills kind of suck because of the limited use of the skill.

@Ganathar.4956 said:I think that the main thing that this would allow the devs to do is further nerf ele weapon skills into irrelevancy. If anything conjures need to be removed. They do not add anything to a class that already has 20-25 weapon skills. Everything conjures could add, can easily be integrated to the kit that contains the most weapon skills. All that's needed is for the devs to want to do this.

I can agree about them being irrelevant, this way they can create full new proficiency with the ele using the actual weapons. Although they can still make new proficiency which can passively remove the charges off of the conjure weapons. That would be interesting.

@SpecialWink.4782 said:

@"Westenev.5289" said:Err, aren't Conjured weapons already kind of like kits?

I imagine that if Engi's had 20 weapon skills at any given time, they might avoid kits too.

Well they do function like kits already, but the difference is that the ele weapon skills have charge amount of uses. I would like to petition that part to be removed and allow its use to be endless like the engineer. Yes the ele does have over 20 skills, this is true, but the overall weapon skills kind of suck because of the limited use of the skill.

Actually, Anet already removed the "Charges" from Conjured weapons - it used to be that you could only use 15 skills on a Conjured weapon within 60 seconds before it faded (including auto attacks).

I think what you want is the removal of conjured weapon cooldowns (the weapon conjure cooldowns and time limit, not the weapon skills) - which I think would be cool change that would give Ele greater access to CC and utility skills in PvE.