Farewell Dragon bash... We'll miss you..

Some may moan they always do, but I enjoyed the Dragon Bash. While I can't point to any one thing, it was fun. It could be the fact it was NOT in DR. LOL I love snow so that undoubtedly helped my opinion. The decorations were awesome, and Kralk even photobombed me.. lol7v4DxFl.png

I lived in the arena, it was a lot of fun! To all involved, thank you!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Stephane Lo Presti.7258" said:You can still enjoy bashing dragons for another week :) The event will end on the 23rd

It might be useful to mention this more in a more "public" location -- I don't think most people will notice a post buried in a thread celebrating the end of the festival.(well maybe it's for the best, according to the posts below this)

• ArenaNet Staff

@"Digger.8659" said:Uhh according to https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/dragon-bash-returns-next-week/ the event should be ending today."From June 25 to July 16, Hoelbrak will host the return of the Dragon Bash festival. "The 23rd is when the World Boss rush is supposed to end from what I understand.

I'm trying to get a confirmation, as I'm hearing that the event will end with our next build later today. Sorry about the confusion!

• ArenaNet Staff

So here's a confirmation that we should be able (unfortunately, some would say) to celebrate the end of Dragon Bash in about 90 minutes from the time of this post, pending the processes ending the event (as we have another build coming later today). Again sorry for sharing incorrect information on this thread. I hope you all got a few stacks of Zhaitaffy and even more stacks of fun!

• ArenaNet Staff

@"Randulf.7614" said:We’ll forgive you if you tell us when Festival of the Four Winds starts ;P

You'll know "fairly soon" (not trademarked, not copyrighted, not actual timestamp)

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:sorry for sharing incorrect information on this thread.As penance, I think you should join Rubi & Clayton for 10-15 minutes on the livestream. ;)

(thanks for getting back to us so quickly)

I'll be busy moderating the livestreams so it will not be an option :)

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:

@"Randulf.7614" said:We’ll forgive you if you tell us when Festival of the Four Winds starts ;P

You'll know "fairly soon" (not trademarked, not copyrighted, not actual timestamp)

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:sorry for sharing incorrect information on this thread.As penance, I think you should join Rubi & Clayton for 10-15 minutes on the livestream. ;)

(thanks for getting back to us so quickly)

I'll be busy moderating the livestreams so it will not be an option :)

Does the World Boss event start at noon (PDT)?

My computer is on the verge of taking an eternal dirt nap, so I couldn't finish all of my daily achievements to get those lovely holographic weapons... (I did manage to get the holographic wings, though. Really happy about that!)

I loved this event. The rollerbeetle race was my favorite: I did that race/time trial countless times, slowly but steadily getting better at it - grinning madly every time, and squealing in joy when I FINALLY nailed those hairpin turns. (I'm not kidding. I unleashed a truly embarrassing fangirl squee. Really grateful nobody was around to question my sanity.) Every single race was a huge thrill - I loved it so, SO much. I think I'll try out other rollerbeetle races when I get a chance...And hearing the Commander-obsessed asura reveler was a laugh. Can he come back in other festivals, please? :D He's great!

@Randulf.7614 said:It was a fun little extra, although I can't say I actually got much from it in terms of rewards. Maybe next year

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought so, there wasn't much other than the same old farming for maximum profit and some achievement points.. The weird semi holo helmet and an edited version of the holo wings were the only new skins I think? Feels so half assed to only release a helmet and not an entire armor set. But I guess that's asking for too much :'(