The fix to the terrible upcoming Chrono Changes. — Guild Wars 2 Forums

The fix to the terrible upcoming Chrono Changes.

Trigr.6481Trigr.6481 Member ✭✭✭
edited July 15, 2019 in Mesmer

With distortion being removed on chronomancer is in a very bad spot imo, not to mention that you are now required to have atleast 1 illusion to even shatter in the first place. So why not take the same idea behind Rewinder: "This skill replaces and inherits traits from Cry of Frustration. This skill deals damage and inflicts confusion for each clone shattered. Additionally, it recharges itself by 5 seconds for each clone shattered." And insert that into Continuum Split except make it 15 seconds instead of 5 per each clone shattered? Therefore if CS is 105 seconds, if you shatter with max illusions it's now a 60 second cd. Straight up removing a shatter "in this case distortion" has way more negative implications to chrono than you even realize.

You Lose

  • 4 seconds of distortion "obviously"
  • Lots of alacrity uptime
  • Any added benefit from traiting anything that benefits your shatters "Blinding Dissipation" "Seize The moment" "Restorative illusions" "Maim The Disillusioned" "Rending Shatter" "Shattered Concentration" "Bountiful Disillusionment"

So why not? With this change CS comes within a 10 second cooldown of distortion was before it got removed in the first place. And if you spec into illusions with Master of misdirection your CS becomes a 89 second cooldown base and 44 second cooldown after shattering with max illusions if you imply the same idea I gave above " 15 second cooldown reduction per illusion shattered" which would honestly make chrono fun again imo. 1 second welfare distortion on cs? threshold 1 illusion to shatter? NOBODY is going to go near chrono without a change like this. You might as well hang chrono up in a museum because because that's the only place starting tomorrow that it's going to be in the spotlight.

Countless

Comments

  • otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭

    They certainly forcing the shatter build more on landing slow first. And overall, seems to be lower sustain. This seems more work for the sake of work, so that Anet can say, hey, look, more trade-offs!

    In my opinion this is a complete waste of resources, particularly that core Mesmer is not relevant in any shape or form, anywhere. So I am unsure what the kitten is the trade-off here. I am just hoping it does not hurt viability in PvE.

  • phokus.8934phokus.8934 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Pve Chrono will remain largely unchanged. Except that they’re being pushed out in favor of Renegade and FB more and more.

    For wvw and pvp this is how you can come within inches of performing Smiters Boon to an elite.

  • otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭

    They certainly forcing the shatter build more on landing slow first. And overall, seems to be lower sustain. The real issue I have is this is the second rework in less than 18 month. This seems more work for the sake of work, so that Anet can say, hey, look, more trade-offs!

    In my opinion this is a complete waste of resources, particularly that core Mesmer is not relevant in any shape or form, anywhere.

  • Heartpains.7312Heartpains.7312 Member ✭✭✭

    @otto.5684 said:
    They certainly forcing the shatter build more on landing slow first. And overall, seems to be lower sustain. The real issue I have is this is the second rework in less than 18 month. This seems more work for the sake of work, so that Anet can say, hey, look, more trade-offs!

    In my opinion this is a complete waste of resources, particularly that core Mesmer is not relevant in any shape or form, anywhere.

    I think the amount of times where chrono won't be able to use shatters in wvw ... it is scary
    And slow is considered a condi too, so can be cleansed =p
    Why did they came up with the tradeoffs anyway? (sorry if they said why somewhere).

  • otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Heartpains.7312 said:

    @otto.5684 said:
    They certainly forcing the shatter build more on landing slow first. And overall, seems to be lower sustain. The real issue I have is this is the second rework in less than 18 month. This seems more work for the sake of work, so that Anet can say, hey, look, more trade-offs!

    In my opinion this is a complete waste of resources, particularly that core Mesmer is not relevant in any shape or form, anywhere.

    I think the amount of times where chrono won't be able to use shatters in wvw ... it is scary
    And slow is considered a condi too, so can be cleansed =p
    Why did they came up with the tradeoffs anyway? (sorry if they said why somewhere).

    What Anet said:

    In this update, we are revisiting the chronomancer specialization and adding a tradeoff in the form of new chronomancer shatters. These shatters behave differently than core mesmer shatters and gain extra properties in exchange for requiring more planning to use properly. Furthermore, we are reducing the number of shatters from 5 back down to 4 in order to match the other mesmer specializations.

    As far as I stand, this is kitten. For many reasons, but primarily is core mesmer is not a viable in anything. And since you cannot play core, the question is will power chrono be viable in PvP after the patch or not. If the answer is no, then mediocre power mirage is the only left power option. Trade-offs success?!

    What I am really concerned about is power chrono in PvE. Maintaining slow in PvE is a problem, since most classes, including chrono, have really limited slow access. And since more of the damage is now slow reliant, this might be a big issue. Particularly in solo PvE, I am expecting chrono to take a hit.

  • Noodle Ant.1605Noodle Ant.1605 Member ✭✭✭

    @otto.5684 said:
    What I am really concerned about is power chrono in PvE. Maintaining slow in PvE is a problem, since most classes, including chrono, have really limited slow access. And since more of the damage is now slow reliant, this might be a big issue. Particularly in solo PvE, I am expecting chrono to take a hit.

    I am unsure of whether Anet is aware of the massive difference between the questionably 'low tier' power chrono without slow provided for them, and the relatively overperforming power chrono when perma slow is applied for them. This change means that difference only gets even bigger, and can become a big issue for either way.

    I believe that the functionalities of Split Second and Time Sink should have been reversed; Split Second should have applied the slow that Anet appears to make so essential to this espec, whilst Time Sink, by losing its 'on demand' daze, should have been converted into a more offensive/oppressive, single target, prolonged cc that is extended when the target is slowed.

    You'd think Anet would know their game enough to see that some of these changes only work in very specific conditions, yet they go ahead with them and just make things more complicated for themselves in future.

    pChrono (main), cWeaver and pReaper. An asura who likes snowflakes.

  • Not only is the removal of self shattering possibly the most idiotic decision made since the introduction of aoe evade well, placing a 1 second distortion on a 105 second cooldown as your only defensive shatter is also grossly overnerfing and unnecessary. This confirms that no one with any say at Anet has any clue how mesmer works whatsoever in pvp/wvw.

  • Vague Memory.2817Vague Memory.2817 Member ✭✭✭

    Prediction: after 2 years of people complaining about the changes they'll release a patch reverting the shatters back to thte original citing we believe that the changes we made were a little harsher than intended. Classic brainless ANet. They do this all the time.

  • Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 16, 2019

    @Vague Memory.2817 said:
    Prediction: after 2 years of people complaining about the changes they'll release a patch reverting the shatters back to thte original citing we believe that the changes we made were a little harsher than intended. Classic brainless ANet. They do this all the time.

    Or just call today’s change a bug

  • Xstein.2187Xstein.2187 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 16, 2019

    @Vague Memory.2817 said:
    Prediction: after 2 years of people complaining about the changes they'll release a patch reverting the shatters back to thte original citing we believe that the changes we made were a little harsher than intended. Classic brainless ANet. They do this all the time.

    Except that is not the way it works. Since the last patch there were multiple pages streaming with people complaining that the new Elusive Mind was a worthless trait. As a result, nothing was changed, it was left the way it is, and the next patch they just slapped on a term calling it a 'defense-focused' trait.

    If anyone working at Anet actually took such suggestions as the OPs seriously, we would have at least seen changes or a revamp to Elusive Mind.
    I have a lot of respect for Countless, but over the past several patches I have realized that he is likely just wasting his time on this one.

  • Vague Memory.2817Vague Memory.2817 Member ✭✭✭

    @Xstein.2187 said:

    @Vague Memory.2817 said:
    Prediction: after 2 years of people complaining about the changes they'll release a patch reverting the shatters back to thte original citing we believe that the changes we made were a little harsher than intended. Classic brainless ANet. They do this all the time.

    Except that is not the way it works. Since the last patch there were multiple pages streaming with people complaining that the new Elusive Mind was a worthless trait. As a result, nothing was changed, it was left the way it is, and the next patch they just slapped on a term calling it a 'defense-focused' trait.

    If anyone working at Anet actually took such suggestions as the OPs seriously, we would have at least seen changes or a revamp to Elusive Mind.
    I have a lot of respect for Countless, but over the past several patches I have realized that he is likely just wasting his time on this one.

    Give it time, it hasn't been two years yet.

  • Curunen.8729Curunen.8729 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I haven't got in game yet, but on paper CSplit cooldown really ought to be lower on par with normal mesmer F4 cooldown.

    And IP really should have stayed in.

    I love the fact they attempted to do something to the F skills, but while the principle is encouraging the execution is not - especially as it's going to stay like this pretty much till October at least, aside from maybe minor tweaks...

    Ideally they could have made F skills into something like not proccing off clones but destroying clones to fuel a player only pulsing pbaoe to be in the same theme as the Wells and aoe abilities of chrono.

    My ears, how are you! | Kourna Jackrabbit for default Springer

  • ButcherofMalakir.4067ButcherofMalakir.4067 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @phokus.8934 said:
    Pve Chrono will remain largely unchanged. Except that they’re being pushed out in favor of Renegade and FB more and more.

    For wvw and pvp this is how you can come within inches of performing Smiters Boon to an elite.

    Pve chrono is totaly unchanged. Few things will be slightly harder and no clone CS can hurt. Also no distort on shakes. Asside from that piwer chrono got buffed and so did condi support chtono.

  • Noodle Ant.1605Noodle Ant.1605 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 17, 2019

    @ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:
    Asside from that piwer chrono got buffed

    Unless this is /s, I fail to see how this is the case. Under perma slow, numbers should be unnoticeably lower (since you can’t 0 clone F2 anymore) whilst with no slow, the pathetic ‘low tier’ power chrono got randomly hit since their F1 is 100/50/33/25% weaker than its core/previous counterpart.

    Or unless your approaching this from some sort of utility point of view, like Time Sink does more total breakbar dmg for example (600 v 400 assuming non slow conditions, if not would instead be 300 v 400 - which would be a nerf).

    pChrono (main), cWeaver and pReaper. An asura who likes snowflakes.

  • Pyroatheist.9031Pyroatheist.9031 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 17, 2019

    @ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:
    Asside from that piwer chrono got buffed

    Gonna have to be a no on that one: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/82231/the-new-shatters-in-numbers#latest

    Ohey, I've got a signature

  • ButcherofMalakir.4067ButcherofMalakir.4067 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Noodle Ant.1605 said:

    @ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:
    Asside from that piwer chrono got buffed

    Unless this is /s, I fail to see how this is the case. Under perma slow, numbers should be unnoticeably lower (since you can’t 0 clone F2 anymore) whilst with no slow, the pathetic ‘low tier’ power chrono got randomly hit since their F1 is 100/50/33/25% weaker than its core/previous counterpart.

    Or unless your approaching this from some sort of utility point of view, like Time Sink does more total breakbar dmg for example (600 v 400 assuming non slow conditions, if not would instead be 300 v 400 - which would be a nerf).

    Well. Numbers are worse but you get more slow uptime from your support chronos. If you run 7 power chronos then you lose alot of damage. If you are solo power chrono then you lose burst but gain some dps from better danger time uptime.

    But I was mistaken and this is truly a nerf

  • Noodle Ant.1605Noodle Ant.1605 Member ✭✭✭

    @ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:
    you get more slow uptime from your support chronos.

    Here, I’m concerned about ppl who will remain playing chrono in the future, especially as firebrigade is increasing in popularity and unique mes mechanics are becoming less and less unique.

    If you run 7 power chronos then you lose alot of damage.

    I don’t entirely see where you’d lose much dmg? 100% slow is still maintained if coordinated correctly (12s slow/84s for each chrono in play + any Time Sink that happens to be used). With 100% slow uptime, practically nothing changes.

    If you are solo power chrono then you lose burst but gain some dps from better danger time uptime.

    I don’t think solo power chrono (w/o slow) really deserves to exist anymore, my projected benchmark (cuz I can’t seem to do decent ones myself) for it is ~28k.

    Also using Time Sink off CD is throwing away your CC, why would anyone play a low tier dps spec with no CC?

    But I was mistaken and this is truly a nerf

    pChrono (main), cWeaver and pReaper. An asura who likes snowflakes.

  • ButcherofMalakir.4067ButcherofMalakir.4067 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Noodle Ant.1605 said:

    @ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:
    you get more slow uptime from your support chronos.

    Here, I’m concerned about ppl who will remain playing chrono in the future, especially as firebrigade is increasing in popularity and unique mes mechanics are becoming less and less unique.

    If you run 7 power chronos then you lose alot of damage.

    I don’t entirely see where you’d lose much dmg? 100% slow is still maintained if coordinated correctly (12s slow/84s for each chrono in play + any Time Sink that happens to be used). With 100% slow uptime, practically nothing changes.

    If you are solo power chrono then you lose burst but gain some dps from better danger time uptime.

    I don’t think solo power chrono (w/o slow) really deserves to exist anymore, my projected benchmark (cuz I can’t seem to do decent ones myself) for it is ~28k.

    Also using Time Sink off CD is throwing away your CC, why would anyone play a low tier dps spec with no CC?

    But I was mistaken and this is truly a nerf

    I ment that compositions with only power chronos will lose alot of damage since all chronos cannot shatter in CS and this loss is multiplied by 7.

    I have to say that I never saw firebrigade comps. I see alot of hybrid comps but I havent seen firebrigade yet

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.