RIP chrono

Ansau.7326

When I thought anet couldn't surprise me more, here they come with shatters that can only be activated when you have illusions up. No on-demand shatters to cleanse, heal, interrupt, remove boons, reflect or CS if you have 0 clones.

Worst mechanic rework ever, the clunkiness is astonishing...vWlnfZp.jpg

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel the same way. You destroyed chrono. This is something completely different. Why would after so many years since chrono came out with HoT you go and do something like this? It makes no sense. And why only add this illusion restriction to chrono and not mirage? This nerf constant to the core and HoT specializations is to force us to play the crappy PoF classes. It's been like that since all the "balance" updates started after PoF came out. If you want us to play PoF classes, you should stop changing core game classes and HoT classes and focus on making the PoF stuff more attractive by itself, not by destroying the other specializations.

Yeah...its outer crap. Did a pvp match right now...i could shatter for maybe half a second until these fucking clones get destroyed. And since Mesmer is build arround those shatters to survive shit...yeah. Back to condi cancer mirage...or maybe a other game.glares over to wow Yeah..i think i give it a try right now. Sick of these constant nerfs mesmers had to go through.

Not only is the removal of self shattering possibly the most idiotic decision made since the introduction of aoe evade well, placing a 1 second distortion on a 105 second cooldown as your only defensive shatter is also grossly overnerfing and unnecessary. This confirms that no one with any say at Anet has any clue how mesmer works whatsoever in pvp/wvw.

yeah who would want to play chrono with a 105s distort cooldown when you can go back to base mesmer or mirage and still have the 50s cd and no illusion restriction. might have well said on the notes "well we decided to delete chrono specialization from the game, in the mean time we wont have a HoT spec for mesmers". there is no value in playing chrono right now, before with the Signet of Inspiration nerf and now this.

To think that this idea was actually implemented shows us that there isnt anyone in the balance team who has the brain of even a 4 year old. I am just mind blown. I mean, its okay to make unique shatters (making distortion and CS into one was dumb anyway) but why add this restriction ? Its what mesmers are and sometimes there are desperate needs for these shatters that can change an outcome. Seriously, there was no thought given on this change.

1) About IP, we live without it during 3 years, even in shatter builds. (even if people didn't agree with me that's basically what I play 50% of my time in WvW.).2) There seems to be a good condi potential on condi chrono. I will test it.3) They should remove the anti-contributing on F4 now ...

I had to login on the forums for the first time in months to voice my disappointment. For mesmers that used to play chrono in WvW this is absolutely moronic, for lack of a better word. Apparently the only viable role for mesmer in WvW must be "mirage roamer". Nice.

Well RIP then, wvw is a complete goner for Chrono now. Overall Chrono feels veeery slow now compared to before - the shatters feel extremly clunky and you can't combo anymore because of the 1 Shatter Requirement. The change itself is just too big for a trade off - it is better to play core or mirage for PvP (Core sucks but hey we have Mirage yay...). Even pve chrono really feels not good - the Shatters are just not there to shatter when u need them if something happens unexpected.The distortion loss was big (and imo enough of a trade off) but losing the ability to self and shatter without clones completely brakes it for me.

There was a reason why in the early GW2 times Illusionary Persona was baseline for almost any build.

I have registered to this forum specifically to post in this thread.I need to know the name of that one guy who came up with this shatter garbage and thought "know what? That's a good idea", and all the other bigwigs around who were listening and didnt't stop this madness. I don't even know if I'll revert back to vanilla mesmer or stop playing at all, I just know that chronomancer right now is an insult.

After all the nerfs to chrono, they literally kill off the spec. The changes make no sense at all. A big part of defence for any mes spec is distortion. Is this a ridiculous ploy to try to make more people buy PoF to play mirage? I'm not sure what game mode this was aimed at, but it definitely wasn't PvP. I also don't understand why they think chrono is more powerful than mirage so that it needs this crippling nerf.

@"viquing.8254" said:1) About IP, we live without it during 3 years, even in shatter builds. (even if people didn't agree with me that's basically what I play 50% of my time in WvW.).

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Illusionary_Persona

In the game since launch. Used in pretty much almost all shatter builds since launch. Not sure what you are refering to. Yes, it was baseline for only the last 3 years. That is not the same as it not existing. IP was in game and was one of the core essential traits on almost all builds. The trait was literally made baseline BECAUSE it was so essential to the class, that was even the reasoning for making it baseline back then.

This change was ill thought out and not necessary. NOTHING about IP was OP or Broken, it gave Mesmers a way to cleanse and a defensive option while still being viable in the current game. Now waiting for clones, "ie more time wasted" then timing a shatter "ie Very Small Window since clones die to a SNEEZE" to proc anything as you are being used as a punching bag? Seriously? My faith in the devs and there ability to balance even in a half way semblance of a competent team is dwindling fast.

@Noodle Ant.1605 said:Split Second is strictly weaker than Mind Wrack, only except for 3 clones with slow (where it deals the same dmg anyway).

Big RIP.

Thanks for the info. I was going to log in to try the new shatters guess I don't need.It seems like: hey we removed IP and distortion and in return we gave you new even worse shatters.I wonder why I still bother with ANerf.

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

@Noodle Ant.1605 said:Split Second is strictly weaker than Mind Wrack, only except for 3 clones with slow (where it deals the same dmg anyway).

Big RIP.

Thanks for the info. I was going to log in to try the new shatters guess I don't need.It seems like: hey we removed IP and distortion and in return we gave you new even worse shatters.I wonder why I still bother with ANerf.

What is worse is knowing them they will ride this train all high and mighty and won't do a thing to change it till a paid expansion comes out.