How do you keep your pvp spark going? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

How do you keep your pvp spark going?

timetopat.7921timetopat.7921 Member ✭✭✭

I dont play a lot but I feel like things got kind of stale. Theres a new beta map but its the same maps and mode for a while. Team compositions usually have the same classes and builds and rewards are the same things theyve been for a while. I do Like Guild wars 2 a lot but I feel like its hard to be excited to play it when in ways so little changes. How do you guys stay excited for Guild wars 2 pvp?

Comments

• Crab Fear.1624Crab Fear.1624 Member ✭✭✭✭

roleplay in pvp, makes the team mates mad, the enemies happy

Soon™ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Stallic.2397Stallic.2397 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 14, 2019

By learning how to singlehandedly dominate three noobs at the same time...

If you haven't done that yet, then make it your next goal. Best feeling ever

• Alatar.7364Alatar.7364 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 14, 2019

Troll builds in Unrank or theory-crafting semi-viable builds for unused/rarely used Weapon sets and/or Professions.

~ I Aear cân ven na mar

• otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭

I switch builds around. Though, I pvp mostly for the daily nowadays.

• Core Necro in unrankes

• Due to the powercreeps and everybody one shot you or you one shot everybody it's hard to keep pvp spark going, but I played meme build like staff healer tempest it was more fun.

• sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 14, 2019

Fighting outnumbered or playing with friends.

Admittingly this season is the first Ive sat out, Ive hit a stage where I only log in if I see friends on discord playing gw2 and they happen to be doing pvp.
    If theyre already duo together then I play something else.

Sometimes I think Anet doesn't realise why people play games. Seems to be a forgotten concept to play games with friends and to have fun... All about that grind and self worth now.

Not to brag, but I put together a puzzle in 4 days and the box said 2-4 years.
    Please allow team queue with rewards again at our own discretion.
    06210311 251521 121512

• MyPuppy.8970MyPuppy.8970 Member ✭✭✭✭

The real PvP is in the forums. I haven't played for a while, but I like seeing angry kids cry out of rage for no reason. Humans are fascinating.

• You get loot? The last byzantium chest is 20 whopping G's, just turn off chat, put on a stream, Netflix or whatever and run around for a bit xD

• Ouk.5914Ouk.5914 Member ✭✭

drugs............

• Raizel.1839Raizel.1839 Member ✭✭

Simple: I don't.
    I abandoned PvP long ago and now I only play PvE feeling much more relaxed.

• mrauls.6519mrauls.6519 Member ✭✭✭

By playing what I enjoy

• Pick a class, choose the most unused but fun to play things, make a build that works around them, enjoy trolling in pvp =)
    Bonus: angry player raging at you in map chat because you beat em with a trash build :D

• praqtos.9035praqtos.9035 Member ✭✭✭✭

@NecroSummonsMors.7816 said:
    Pick a class, choose the most unused but fun to play things, make a build that works around them, enjoy trolling in pvp =)
    Bonus: angry player raging at you in map chat because you beat em with a trash build :D

Remind me when I beaten leg mirages and soulbeast with a core mesmer and then asking for "secret" build :joy:
    Dont think anything fun is left for me. From highest build diversity among all classes mesmer hit the bucket with only 1 build and everyone cry about it (I dont like it either), a lot of fun, right ?

• Khalisto.5780Khalisto.5780 Member ✭✭✭

I just try to end the season higher than I did in the last one

• Mouse.7382Mouse.7382 Member ✭✭✭

My 'Spark' comes from all the negativity from other players. Wow, has it gotten bad! All kidding aside, the skill of a lot of these players now is novice at best--but their ability to hurl insults in open /map /team or even whispers (and then have the audacity to /anon afterwords) is straight META. Its so bad, people are already deciding if they are going to AFK at spawn if they don't like 1 class on their team (especially if its a core class), or if the opposing team 'seems' to have better classes.

But I still play, just as I have since Season 1. When I feel like testing out my 'personal' pvp skills, I hit up WvW, and solo roam. I must say, most ppl in WvW have better manners. They don't +1 on duels....they have not attacked people that do not have a mount (myself included). They are less toxic. Its a shame really that WvW is so neglected by Anet--I don't go there much, but it has a lot of potential to be great--most of it coming from the ppl that play their.

• jezebel.7054jezebel.7054 Member ✭✭

@Daishi.6027 said:
    I enjoy killing players :} that’s all I need... but it’s only fun when it’s balanced enough my opponent has an almost equally fair chance to kill me.

I really like and appreciate this response. :)

• Dahkeus.8243Dahkeus.8243 Member ✭✭✭

The game's great. I can handle class imbalance, team imbalances, losing streaks, etc. It's just the way that people treat each other in PvP that suck the fun out of the game. I have a loooong block list, but it keeps growing every time I queue.

• ZhouX.8742ZhouX.8742 Member ✭✭✭

PRe-game: Smoke a lot of weed
    Pre-Match: Block everybody, assess classes in match
    In-Match: dominate kids or lose from bad matchmaking or poor personal performance
    Post-Match: EZ Clap in shout chat on win , if lose report everybody on the opposing team and then leave

Helps keep that spark alive, if you know what I mean

• Widmo.3186Widmo.3186 Member ✭✭✭

I dont, switched to WvW/dueling and annoy ppl there. Holding colorful circles for 7 years in a row gets kinda boring.

Dont mind me, I just randomly spam 35 skill-buttons

• Falan.1839Falan.1839 Member ✭✭✭

Try to enjoy and remember the games that are decent, and forget about the trash games quickly (~80% by now unfortunately). And lots of beer.

"When you say it's gonna happen "now"
    When exactly do you mean?
    See I've already waited too long
    And all my hope is gone"
    The Smiths about mAT return and PvP content

• sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭✭

@ZhouX.8742 said:
    PRe-game: Smoke a lot of weed
    Pre-Match: Block everybody, assess classes in match
    In-Match: dominate kids or lose from bad matchmaking or poor personal performance
    Post-Match: EZ Clap in shout chat on win , if lose report everybody on the opposing team and then leave

Helps keep that spark alive, if you know what I mean

Well yeah... that step 1.

Not to brag, but I put together a puzzle in 4 days and the box said 2-4 years.
    Please allow team queue with rewards again at our own discretion.
    06210311 251521 121512

• Till.6473Till.6473 Member ✭✭

When i go pvp i leave hungry

Why ?

I have 2 account on main is plat 2/3

My 2nd is stuck in gold 3 1480 at 1580

So why ? Because a anet manipulation of games everytime.

Of no play duo ? You Nevers and Nevers grind the leadder.

Why ? Because nobody play in pvp

And team is plat1 and all gold 2/3 maybe silver so

I play on my main and win ? Im not better in my first what in 2 nd.

This pvp it broken and new title star most toxicity. Manipulation of game and wintrade .

Anet does no gold farm when loose and leadder no based on pvp circle .

ANET you studio is a nightmare for pvp player but kiss

• phokus.8934phokus.8934 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Crab Fear.1624 said:
    roleplay in pvp, makes the team mates mad, the enemies happy

Except when you role play tf out of someone, stomp them, and slow walk away.

• Zawn.9647Zawn.9647 Member ✭✭✭

How do you keep your pvp spark going?

I don't... I usually play a season or half a season then stop playing and come back after a couple months

• Wisty.4135Wisty.4135 Member ✭✭

Meme in ranked. Try your hardest, but have fun doing it!

I can only play axe/shield GS Spellbreaker so much before I get bored and go rifle zerker instead. It's this that makes pvp more palatable, especially when it's breaching plat with memes.

Otherwise, duo, aim for a goal that isn't "X Rating by season end," etc.

• Magnus Godrik.5841Magnus Godrik.5841 Member ✭✭✭✭

I stop playing when i get my tickets for the season.

• Abraxxus.8971Abraxxus.8971 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 19, 2019

I keep it going for all the rewards I get even for losing. All that gold and grandmaster marks as well as reward track progress is awesome, plus that llama box at the end. Nothing like watching your teammates chase enemies around the map instead of defending points, watching them feed mid one by one, seeing the whole team take on a single engineer while I try to fight the rest of the enemy team. Oh! and I almost forgot that guy that likes to afk for 30 seconds at the start of the match, and his buddy, the guy that afks after losing mid the first time. And i almost forgot that I'm apparently not allowed to win more then 3 games in a row. I've given up all hope on actual pvp as long as the game rates me according to what my teammates do, instead of what I actually do during the match, and just play for rewards like the rest of the players.

Bring back Ceara

• Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 19, 2019

Kinda hard when players are just as much to blame as anet, honestly the pvp players that play this game are some of the most garbage people I've ever had the pleasure to play with lmao the play half a match and if ur winning 50%of the time ur allys leave so ur 2v5 and the other team wins or ur teammates sit at home and just stand there all match. Seriously how sad and pathetic does ur life have to be to log into a game just to stand at home or mess with games half way through to assure ur team loses, really have nothing else u could be doing in ur parents basement? Lmao and people wonder why pvp is a kitten fest, its half anets balancing and half the players mentality.this game attracts some real winners lol

• Razor.6392Razor.6392 Member ✭✭✭✭

You don't. Go WvW, it's less kitten at least.

Never said I'm the best, but I believe I'm better than you.

• Swagg.9236Swagg.9236 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 19, 2019

You don't. It's just a passing fancy every number of months when I'm feeling really bored. That said, core staff ele is still the maximum possible fun, particularly with that stupid rez trait in the arcane line. Reviving allies faster than an enemy can stomp them is silly.
    Oh wait, there is one way: fashion. Get a new set for a character; you will probably want to do something after a successful fashion whirl. It won't last long because this game's PvP is still burning garbage, but you'll probably get a few games out of that high.

• Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Razor.6392 said:
    You don't. Go WvW, it's less kitten at least.

I agree. I've been trying to branch over to pvp just for a change from wvw and have found some matches a blast but most are garbage and worse thing is is it's not even the game for the most part lol. One thing I like is in conquest thiefs s/d with scholars and maurader is decent 1v1 in pvp where as in wvw it takes alot to chip through the stats with same build. I was surprised how good s/d was in fights in conquest. It's frustrating to be winning most matches to only have ur own teammates blatently lose on purpose or just leave. Why do they even bother playing the vid? Lol. Gues back to wvw lol

• zinkz.7045zinkz.7045 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 19, 2019

By playing PvP in PvP games, not themepark MMORPGs, as doing so is basically a mild form of insanity.

• mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭

I don't always just PvP, even though I do feel it is the best the game has to offer in terms of how dynamic the combat gets. There are times when I'm into raiding in particular. Or fractals. Or even just doing meta events and farming achievements. Usually when I get bored of one thing I'm doing another.

The Psychomancer: Mesmer Elite Specialization Suggestion

• Bigpapasmurf.5623Bigpapasmurf.5623 Member ✭✭✭✭

My spark died a long time ago for pvp as it got stale. Went to WvW (as I still loved fighting other people) and never left. Large scale PvP with freedom of build was what I wanted.

Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/TRMC
    Lover of Jumping puzzles, Squirrels, WvW, and Taimi
    Co-Leader of SOmething inAPpropriate {SOAP}

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.