Druid or Tempest for new player heals?

Crystal.3019

I’ve seen this question asked, but I haven’t seen anything on it in the current year. I’m trying to choose my first ever character on GW. I usually raid main heals in other games and read that Druid and Tempest are closest to what I’m looking for. However, it looks like there have been some patch adjustments recently. So I was wondering if anyone could help me pick which one is considered the most needed. I wanna be that hardcore support that a raid can’t go without (or as close to that play style as I can get in this game). Thanks!! ?

Would probably wait till the patch hits the servers.

Tempest didn't receive any buff, rather it was core Elementalist that got a slight DPS buff as a healer. Druid only got Ancestral Grace nerfed by an increased duration of 2 seconds, can be a buff if healed allies; up to how you'll be meeting the condition.

I won't say Tempest topples Druid any time as of now because it lacks offensive buffs, it only has burst heals and auras + some boons; unlike Druid and Alacrigade.

However, as a secondary Healer, Tempest's spot keeps getting better.

Druid right now is that 'must' have in raids..but I'd pick a class that I'll enjoy its dps options as well, as being a full on healer is not super relevant in a lot of content and getting into raids is not that easy unless you have a nice guild.

Druid has been receiving nerfs just to make other support classes relevant right now...so...it's a tricky decision...so read the whole class first and see what you enjoy the "feel off" in all aspects overall.

Druid continues to be nerfed. I suspect it is still in meta largely because it’s the group comp people are used to, but I could be mistaken. I love playing healers and Druid was my main for fractals and raids the past two years but since the big nerf several months ago, I stopped playing the class.

Tempest had always had strong healing ability and can aid the group with auras.

Have you looked at the other support classes? I enjoy support Scourge and Firebrand and many people play Revenant healers effectively. Both Firebrand and Revenant can also provide other party buffs, especially quickness and alacrity.

Getting a class to 80 is no issue at all, so try what u like the most.

Most meta decision for all game mode imo is guardian with quickbrand bad firebrand respectively.The better the groups the more that's true.

If u want a carry heal to carry bad players at raids had events that's heal scourge for you and druid is commonly used bad needed...so get those 3(u have two 80 boost from expansion and should at least play one yourself..).

@Crystal.3019 said:I hadn't checked out other healers but will have to look them up. Thanks for mentioning that. @VDAC.2137

@jan.7915 I'm not planning to use my boost until I know enough about the game. I don't want to fumble around at cap if I've never played. I'm sure I'll be able to try them out, though. :)

Getting 80 first is the best option, if you want to do it super right you go mad fully complete all of the maps for world exploration.

But you should still use your boost to get mounts first ,they make such a big difference and are arguably the best part of GW2!