Straight Buff To Core Condi Guard.

Only Even.6193

Hi ! As I thought this patch was an amazing one for core guard (burn). Prior this patch I was able to easily maintain 15-16k alone on the training golem without any extra buffs/condi, from the console, and 25k with a raid setup, It's around 4-7k more now.

Realistic Dps alone :otmazwr.png

Raid setup Dps :haRZxq0.png

Since the rotation is literally spamming, you can upkeep a high dps even during high aoe pressure fights, even full ranged the scepter alone keeps you at 20k.You bring your own might, fury, and 25 vulnerability stacks, so as a DPS, even if your buffer is down, you still can dish out a decent dps.

If you need CC just replace Stand Your Ground or Signet of Wrath for Bane Signet. Same if you need reflects, take Wall of Reflection, and switch to Master Of Consecration instead of Unscathered Contender, since 7X% of your Dps is burning, you can sacrifice your power a bit , you won't see any difference.

Signet of Courage is just a panic button if things goes south, but you can change to anything you like, here is the build, Have Fun !

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQRAsd7fnkICtChVCBWBB0EhD5hqGBZZAYzgWoRznYLGjA-jxhAQBQU9HbqEEg6fAwTKQn7PAtTqAIV+FAIBgrzmupb6mupb6mupb6mKFAPjtA-e(Copy/Paste the url if it doesn't work)

( Since the dps is not that much power/crit dependent, use Carrion & Balthazar Runes for Open World/WvW / PvP, the damages are pretty much the same, but with 2Xk hp! )

Meme Edit : Dps around 38k underwater

@Asum.4960 said:cFB and cQB were buffed as well though. Just use Zeal over Virtues now.

Also, for core Condi Guard Grieving might actually be better, since you literally just have burning.

If you remove Virtues you remove Permeating Wrath, wich is A LOT, of burn stacks,if you use Grieving you don't have any expertise.

@Only Even.6193 said:

@Asum.4960 said:cFB and cQB were buffed as well though. Just use Zeal over Virtues now.

Also, for core Condi Guard Grieving might actually be better, since you literally just have burning.

If you remove Virtues you remove Permeating Wrath, wich is A LOT, of burn stacks,if you use Grieving you don't have any expertise.

Yet Zeal makes up for that and more.

You can get 50% Burn duration from runes, 20% from Sigil, 20% from Radiance, and 15% from Food, which means you actually overcap Burn by 5% with full Grieving.

@Asum.4960 said:

You can get 50% Burn duration from runes, 20% from Sigil, 20% from Radiance, and 15% from Food, which means you actually overcap Burn by 5% with full Grieving.

Mmh I've been using full burning duration on Celestial for years without any Expertise (from back when it was meta in WvW). Alot of classes can do this, though usually only for a single condition..in Guardian's case it works out because they only have one anyways.

If you want to avoid expensive food (e.g open world, not raids), you can use Bringer's weapon, at a small DPS loss.

@Asum.4960 said:

Just checked, power is the same, but you lose 161 Condi with Grieving + Balthazar rune (because of Renegade Rune)

@Hannelore.8153 said:

Mmh I've been using full burning duration on Celestial for years without any Expertise (from back when it was meta in WvW). Alot of classes can do this, though usually only for a single condition..in Guardian's case it works out because they only have one anyways.

If you want to avoid expensive food (e.g open world, not raids), you can use Bringer's weapon, at a small DPS loss.

You can get Meat Chili basically for free (5 Badges) and still cap burn.

@Only Even.6193 said:Just checked, power is the same, but you lose 161 Condi with Grieving + Balthazar rune (because of Renegade Rune)

But you get a lot of Ferocity, with 30-40% of Burn Guards damage being Power.

@Asum.4960 said:

You can get
basically for free (5 Badges) and still cap burn.

@Only Even.6193 said:Just checked, power is the same, but you lose 161 Condi with Grieving + Balthazar rune (because of Renegade Rune)

Exact. The best stats combo would be +Condi/Power/Ferocity , since we already have +30% crit, with fury + 10% on burning foes, but we don't have such an option, yet.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQRAsd7fnkICtChVCBWBB0EhD5hKfitYMWjgsMAsZQL0oA-jxhAQBSV/AXV/xsK/AwTAYtKBhx+DQ7kAEPIAgqqqSKAeWWB-eI used your build and taking into account the fact you used 10 +5 expertise infusions, which could be used to boost condi dmg instead, with grieving you end up with much more crit dmg (~36%) and a little bit more HP. I think it looks better on paper.

@Asum.4960 said:

You can get

How does this compare to the extra burning stacks from Bowl of Fire Veggie Chilli? I've never tested it myself.

@Hannelore.8153 said:

You can get

How does this compare to the extra burning stacks from Bowl of Fire Veggie Chilli? I've never tested it myself.

Since it has an internal cooldown (1s) for 1s burning I don't think it would bring that much, sadly.

• 1 year later...