Rending Shade goes off whether or not it is traited

Exitus.3297

Funny enough Basilisk Venom also seems bugged, either that or it's an undocumented buff? Right now it's giving 2 stacks to everyone with each use so it's doing twice as much break bar damage and giving 2 unblock-able hits, pretty sure it used to have two stack back before they made it unblock-able then removed the second stack. Not that I'm complaining it at least feels somewhat more "elite" now.

They also made is useless with ranged weapons, the fear only procs on enemies near you. So much for using pistols/SB/rifle with the trait, it turns it into a defacto nerf for anyone that uses stealth attacks on those weapons (and it's rare enough to hit an enemy without boons too, dunno why they stuck with the "benefit when enemy has 0 boons" angle). I don't know what Anet was thinking with this change.

Given a few reports of seemingly broken abilities I’d be inclined to think this is a bug. I can’t test it while I don’t have access to the game, but I encourage everyone to make bug reports.

Clearly, Rending Shade fearing around the thief when you hit a target at range makes no sense. It looks like the coder based it on around the thief assuming the thief needed an AoE fear defensively while in melee range.

But, the whole point of Rending Shade is to fear your target and nearby enemies, and that won’t happen for a ranged set unless you aren’t using it like a ranged set.

@saerni.2584 said:Given a few reports of seemingly broken abilities I’d be inclined to think this is a bug. I can’t test it while I don’t have access to the game, but I encourage everyone to make bug reports.

Clearly, Rending Shade fearing around the thief when you hit a target at range makes no sense. It looks like the coder based it on around the thief assuming the thief needed an AoE fear defensively while in melee range.

But, the whole point of Rending Shade is to fear your target and nearby enemies, and that won’t happen for a ranged set unless you aren’t using it like a ranged set.

Yeah, rending shade casting fear on the thief and not the target is just dumb, frankly.