I don't know how to build and play my characters any more

Slet.2604

Hi!In the past years i had a hard time to figure out how to build my characters. Nowhere are build templates to be found except for raids/WvW.I admit I also had to give up on playing Mesmer and Reverent because I simply don't get how they work in the first place.And slowly I gave up on the rest except for a multi-pet Necromancer and a Dragonhunter I am playing now.But with all the recent changes it has become totally impossible for me to follow up on what is going on with the professions.I have no idea on how this could be fixed for me.Maybe a fan-site might help that provides 'cookie cutter' builds for dummies like me who can't spend hours on theory crafting?But anyway. Thanks for reading this and Have Fun!I will now concentrate on reading the patch notes for The Elder Scrolls Online.

As @mindcircus.1506 said, Metabattle has a variety of builds, including intended for Open World. I like to start with one of these whenever a I am new to a profession, at least start with looking at what has worked for others and why. If you have a specific question, the forums here can also be helpful.

Have you checked out ranger? I think the trait lines and abilities and fairly straightforward and there are good threads about optimizing for different goals / content. From my experience, necromancer is easiest (both reaper and scourge are survivable and fun), followed by ranger (perhaps especially Soulbeast, or my core ranger might be too much my own attempted amalgamation, lol).

@"Westenev.5289" said:I'm not sure the recent balance notes changed anything for anyone who isn't min/maxing their builds. Well, besides Necromancers, but those dudes needed a lesson for facetanking every enemy.

The way I've seen it, necromancers will find ways to complain about their "lack of tankiness" no matter what Anet does.

If you are mainly a PVE/OW player, the key is to find a build you have tons of fun with that is off meta. Oh wait, I did that with Holosmith using overheat and PBM trait...

Thank goodness I switched my ascended set to my Boonbeast Ranger (d/wh ax/ax). Tons of fun and I doubt it's worthy in pvp so hopefully it won't get nerfed into ash.

@"Lady Vanithy.6495" said:If you are mainly a PVE/OW player, the key is to find a build you have tons of fun with that is off meta. Oh wait, I did that with Holosmith using overheat and PBM trait...

Thank goodness I switched my ascended set to my Boonbeast Ranger (d/wh ax/ax). Tons of fun and I doubt it's worthy in pvp so hopefully it won't get nerfed into ash.

There's meta for open world too, at least somewhat.

https://getsnap.link/DsSFGQ3sPkT

They are all good builds tailored to open world,I tried some and they feel awesome being good fun.

• 2 weeks later...