Scrappers in WvW

Good job. I dunno how much thoughts went into this. I hope you didn't forget to buff warriors at the same time as they are really lacking invulnerability. Clearly you don't care for your die hard wvw players.Because if you did you wouldn't have done such a drastic change to this class. I personally play 99.9% wvw. I just started to love the Scrapper as a support class. Now it's completely useless better off deleting the toon at this point. No point in even using it. Holosmith is garbage and an other useless class imo.I'm pretty sure a lot of players tonight are not enjoying themselves and forced to play a different toon because of that. Like dictators you make drastic changes without ever consulting your paying MEMBERS. Oh yeah we do pay in the end with all the ''STAGED'' transfers you make us do every 2 months.

Time for an other 3-6 months break i guess.What other game is out there? :+1:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Duckota.4769 said:Scrapper was busted and holo is still busted I dont understand.

Probably the same issue as another user I read im guessing..

Doesnt like that fact that scrapper went from 1v4 easily to only managing 1v2's.

if anet nerfs anything ppl are on the forums complaining that anet killed their profession before anybody has had time to adapt.

Scrapper was busted since last buff, you had your fun playing OP class but now its over and "balance" hit the door. And if you want to say to me, that Scrapper wasnt busted and OP even for one second, then I think its time for you to switch into more accurate games like Tetris or Solitaire.

@hayabusafmw.9370 said:Holosmith is garbage and an other useless class imo.

This one killed me. Dude, do you even play this game? Guild Wars 2, made by ArenaNet, sounds familiar?Maybe go, take a walk, think about what you wrote and come back after you notice what classes are played in roaming/small scale groups/sPvP.

And next time instead of whining on forum try to clear your tunnel vision and understand that smashing head with keyboard or keyboard with head is not healthy and classes like that are going to be nerfed at some point.

Have you even tried playing with Scrapper since the new patch? It's not as bad as it sounds on paper. Sure, the F5 abilities are gone, but the function gyro I'm finding to be more effective as an aoe ground target. It was more difficult trying to get the right player targeted before. And the only other F5 I even used that often was the Sneak Gyro F5 which, yeah, I'll miss being able to reveal those pesky thieves who go invisible, but it's not a class-killer by any means. Play it for more than a half hour before you throw it away. Also, Scrapper is meant to be played as a tank. If you have a small roaming party composed of heavy damage dealers and you, you're gonna be just fine.

@spectrito.8513 said:So, if i understood OP is a bandwagoner who wants to play busted support classes to be carried by his teammates?Just play FB then.

That's what everybody will do. Because Anets' balance approaches are super incoherent. They aimed for sidegrade specs, but delivered strait upgrades. Then they admit it, but refuse to nerf PoF specs (because of sales or something, i don't know) and instead go ahead and just add trade-offs to HoT specs which...surprise, leads to even more imbalance. And we are back to only one viable support, that dominates competitive modes since its introduction. It's like nerfing the visuals of eles' fireball because of clutter just to introduce an expansion one week later that is a complete funfair of skills. Those decisions are made at the same time and wether it's on purpose or by lack of coordination, i don't know what is worse.

What is wrong with bandwagoners? Without them, WvW would be totally dead and scrapped long ago. Do you guys even play Support Scrapper at all?

@FortyNothing.8327 players rage quitting or switching profession is not about the Function Gyro change.

I am certain as a Scrapper yourself, you know this patch also caused the loss of four elite toolbelt skills, the removal of Rapid Regen, a loss of 3000 HP if you choose the Scrapper line, plus other but less threatening nerfs. These are the bread and buttter, and life support of a Healing/Roaming Scrapper in WvW.

The change in Impact Salvant has caused the Scrapper's HP to drop to a level lower than that of a light class Elementalist now.

Oops! I think I can hear the cries from someone curled up in the corner again. Well, better get used to the burnt :D

@schloumou.3982 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:So, if i understood OP is a bandwagoner who wants to play busted support classes to be carried by his teammates?Just play FB then.

That's what everybody will do. Because Anets' balance approaches are super incoherent. They aimed for sidegrade specs, but delivered strait upgrades. Then they admit it, but refuse to nerf PoF specs (because of sales or something, i don't know) and instead go ahead and just add trade-offs to HoT specs which...surprise, leads to even more imbalance. And we are back to only one viable support, that dominates competitive modes since its introduction. It's like nerfing the visuals of eles' fireball because of clutter just to introduce an expansion one week later that is a complete funfair of skills. Those decisions are made at the same time and wether it's on purpose or by lack of coordination, i don't know what is worse.

While i agree with you, this is a problem for people who only enter WvW to play on optimized zergs where playing meta builds matters more than having fun.

WvW is the only game mode which you have freedom to play whatever build you want without harming your team.Now if you chosed to play the game in a single way among many other styles... well, thats on you.

@Mil.3562 said:What is wrong with bandwagoners? Without them, WvW would be totally dead and scrapped long ago. Do you guys even play Support Scrapper at all?

@"FortyNothing.8327" players rage quitting or switching profession is not about the Function Gyro change.

I am certain as a Scrapper yourself, you know this patch also caused the loss of four elite toolbelt skills, the removal of Rapid Regen, a loss of 3000 HP if you choose the Scrapper line, plus other but less threatening nerfs. These are the bread and buttter, and life support of a Healing/Roaming Scrapper in WvW.

The change in Impact Salvant has caused the Scrapper's HP to drop to a level lower than that of a light class Elementalist now.

Oops! I think I can hear the cries from someone curled up in the corner again. Well, better get used to the burnt :D

Yeah the automatic "Choose Scrapper = -300 vitality" was a bad trait move for sure. I would be on board with something like this if it was one of the choose-able traits, but in scrapper its one of the automatic ones.

@Mil.3562 said:What is wrong with bandwagoners? Without them, WvW would be totally dead and scrapped long ago.

They create one sided matches for easy wins, making their opponents not log for the week because in WvW numbers matters more than skill, and next relink they bandwagon again leaving the first bandwagoned server to die slowly until it becomes a link.

People matched against those servers will either not play during the matchup or they will transfer to another tier to not be stomped over and over.Also people who dont follow the bandwagon will be playing on a dead host server for 2 months unless they're willing to pay a transfer, some will pay, some will play and some will quit.

While you assume WvW would be dead without them, i say this is one of the reasons WvW is dying.It benefits Anet and bandwagoners while it harms the rest of the community

@spectrito.8513 said:

While i agree with you, this is a problem for people who only enter WvW to play on optimized zergs where playing meta builds matters more than having fun.

WvW is the only game mode which you have freedom to play whatever build you want without harming your team.Now if you chosed to play the game in a single way among many other styles... well, thats on you.

I don't really understand how you want to talk about any balance changes under that premise. That also collides somehow with your later statement that people tend to have no fun when they get steamrolled.

@ArchonWing.9480 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:what happened?

Yea, can someone not frothing at the mouth explain?

Haven't tested anything myself but scrapper line now has -300 vita as a minor trait, lost all passive healing, for barrier you now need to dish out damge, which you probably wont, and it lost the elite toolbelt. Chaith (usually level headed) posted in the engi section, that scrapper is not durable anymore, and therefor useless in WvW/PvP. Now people are building glass scrappers and try to oneshot each other for the lulz.