Piece together YOUR dream skyscale...

@Tumult.2578 said:My dream Skyscale would have very tiny wings, so all the other players could actually see the game they are trying to play.

...A really, REALLY fat dragon that's super cute with teensy-tiny mini-wings that defy the laws of physics. Kind of cartoony dye patterns (polka dots or stripes). It's feet are so small it kind of waddles adorably, or maybe it just bounces. You toss it giant cakes and cupcakes to eat, and it coos happily. Instead of little flame bursts, it belches. It's engage skill is a colorful vomiting poison field.

• 1 year later...

Anything that is inclined towards a particular player-race or class. I wish they would make more stuff that looks like it belongs to the player-race. Even more mail-carriers akin to seed pods but for the other races. The only Skyscale skin I have is the Broad-Horn Bull one because it makes me laugh. I want a Dreadnought version for Charr or some kind of big, weird planty dragon for Sylvari.

@SkyCakeLight.3750 said:Anything that is inclined towards a particular player-race or class. I wish they would make more stuff that looks like it belongs to the player-race. Even more mail-carriers akin to seed pods but for the other races. The only Skyscale skin I have is the kitten boi one because it makes me laugh. I want a Dreadnought version for Charr or some kind of big, weird planty dragon for Sylvari.

a dynamics exo-suit style skyscale and a synergetics mech dragon for asuran themed would sell to me almost instantly.

it doesn't have to be for all races though as some races like human and norn don't have themed mounts or mounts that suggest it belongs to a region at all.(doesn't mean they can't start a krytan or shiverpeaks mount pack though)

How did I miss this originally?

It might be horribly uncreative but this is my dream skyscale:A0Z7VIU.jpgyqmObTo.jpg

All my Dragonriders of Pern books except some of the most recent ones have those cover images. (I'm trying to find out who did them but the books themselves don't say and I can't find a definite answer online.) I know they're not entirely accurate to the descriptions in the books, but even so that's what shaped my idea of a dragon you could ride, and it's still what I'd want today. I suppose the Shimmerwing comes closest, but I'd prefer something closer to the base skyscale wings.

For now I'm pretty happy with the bioluminescent skin. Dyed gold of course, with silver glow. Her name is Alzaranth.XJ42fy6h.jpg

@"PalladanJenkins.9761" said:I think a Branded Skyscale skin might be nice. :)

We actually have a branded skyscale skin, it's part of the Skyscale Ascension pack (along with the axejaw, caldera, bioluminescent and flare-marked skins).

• Like 1

Ehh, I wanted a Wyvern dragon since mounts got introduced. Smaug-like Skyscale or like dragons from "Reign of Fire" film. That's the type of dragon I REALLY like and want.But since we can't have that model, I'd be ok with a more dragon-looking Skyscale, with a nice long snout and head that looks beautiful yet menacing. Body that is not like an earth-worm, nor bulky, but somewhere in the middle. Nice long tail with spikes and spines, proper dragon-like wings that could even be tattered a bit at the ends.But yeah, kinda want a classic dragon look for Skyscale, rather than the one that got punched in the snout or others that just look weird to me.Fairy Dragon skin was a step in the right direction, but it's too skinny and with dragonfly wings :/.

• Like 1

@Udolpho.1209 said:

@Tumult.2578 said:My dream Skyscale would have very tiny wings, so all the other players could actually see the game they are trying to play.

...A really, REALLY fat dragon that's super cute with teensy-tiny mini-wings that defy the laws of physics. Kind of cartoony dye patterns (polka dots or stripes). It's feet are so small it kind of waddles adorably, or maybe it just bounces. You toss it giant cakes and cupcakes to eat, and it coos happily. Instead of little flame bursts, it belches. It's engage skill is a colorful vomiting poison field.

Gronckle .

All I wanted for my main character was an ice skyskale with fog effect.... and I got it! Thank you arenanet!
but I thought its selfexplanatory that an ice skyskale spits blue fire or blue ice instead of "normal" orange fire... sigh...And as the "necro" monarch skyscale came out with green fire I have to admit I felt a little bit tortured.so I hope that sometimes in the future I can get an iceskyskale with fog effect AND blue flames...

@"Game of Bones.8975" said:Destroyer-basedSmokes and shows magma between the joints

Can kinda get that effect with the Branded Skin.I've done this theme with the entire set of them ^^

uqaoHlN.jpg

If you want to see what the others look like I shared them in a thread I made a little over a year ago.https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/95099/thank-you-anet-primordus-themed-mount-set-is-now-complete#latest