Salvation and Healing Orbs

DonArkanio.6419

Hey there,

I really like that Staff and Salvation got updated, but I can't help but feel that the whole Healing Orb mechanic is kinda clunky. It looks like soap bubbles and is very cluttery for no real reason. In thi thread I want to suggest my ideas as to how Healing Orbs could be turned into a more reliable mechanic.There will be 2 version;

• first one is going to focus on blasting heals directly from your target (under the same circumstances on which the Healing Orbs were spawned)
  • second is more charge oriented. So, instead of spawning Healing Orbs, you gather charges that enhance your healing abilities or cause your abilities to heal.

Version 1

Salvation and Healing Orbs

Mechanic (Staff, Salvation):Healer's Gift (Trait): No longer creates Healing Orb at the end of your dodge roll. Instead, dodge rolls cause your next attack to blast mini-heal from your target

• Number of (ally) Targets: 5
  • Heal: 215, just like Healing Orbs

Staff #3 AA; Rejuvenating Assault

• No longer creates Healing Orbs. Instead, causes this attack to heal allies around your target.

Generous Abundance (Trait):

• No longer causes your Legend skills to spawn Healing Orbs. Instead,

Words of Censure (Trait):

• No longer creates Healing Orbs. Instead, blasts mini-heals from your target.

Version 2

New Mechanic: Stonewood's Strength (stacking charges), so you basically overcharge your healing abilities

Stonewood's Strength: Charges that enhance your next healing ability (Weapon skills, Utilities) by %. Once used, charges are Consumed.

Staff #3 AA; Rejuvenating Assault

• No longer creates Healing Orbs. Instead, gives you 1 charge of Stonewood's Strength.

Healer's Gift (Trait): No longer creates Healing Orb at the end of your dodge roll. Instead, dodge rolls give you 1 charge of Stonewood's Strength.

Generous Abundance (Trait):

• No longer causes your Legend skills to spawn Healing Orbs.

Words of Censure (Trait):

• No longer creates Healing Orbs. Instead,, Surge of the Mists leaves a healing area behind you (works with Stonewood's Strength).

So, here they are. Tell me what you think. I know these aren't ideal but they eem what I would personally enjoy and still find interesting. I know that the Healing orb mechanic became a somewhat important part of Ventari's Kit but I still believe it can be made in a way that doesn't leave the whole visual noise on the battlefield.

I dont want healing boost from Melee weapon like that especially on Staff. Unless Staff became a serious healing melee weapon and the self sustain was good enough to justify the energy cost of Staff and Melee range danger.

I rather Healing Orbs drift towards allies but still pop AoE heals. Would be nice to be a bit more visual in how they look. But honestly I feel that Orb trait should be baseline. Staff and Ventari orbs should be a baseline thing and modified from there. I get great healing in zergs in WvW from it.