[PvP] P/D Condi Deadeye

Dirame.8521

@saerni.2584 said:How often are you able to reapply confusion? Outside of resetting Mark and getting a few extra seconds of 3 stacks, I don’t see this doing much damage.

In fact you can get a lot of damage in with that Confusion in a short periof of time. Now this WvW but it IS 6 stacks and if you in Trailblazer that is 6 stacks for 4.5 seconds. Now you likely getting less duration in PvP but here is what I found with those short duration Confusions in WvW. You can count on 2 if not three procs due to actions before the enemy tries to not use his skills so as to let the Confusion expire. This can result in 5K damage quite easily but more important then that it can shut an enemy down from doing anything for a period of time. These few seconds can allow you breathing space.

The real power 0f it however is on a Mercy reset coupled with your steal and in particular against Engineer/Necro. In a vacuum the Confusion would not seem to do that much damage but when you add on bleed stacks/vuln stacks and poison off the steal the damage is very significant.

I was trying this over a period of time against builds with high cleanses I usually have issues with. I found the Steal with BA added gave a significant advantage over no BA in the build from a damage POV. After those steals the enemy health would plummet to the danger zone. Without the BA in order to get those enemies to the same danger zone required more time and work. With BA you generaly have lead attacks ticking as well at full 15 percent damage add.

@babazhook.6805 said:

@saerni.2584 said:How often are you able to reapply confusion? Outside of resetting Mark and getting a few extra seconds of 3 stacks, I don’t see this doing much damage.

In fact you can get a lot of damage in with that Confusion in a short periof of time. Now this WvW but it IS 6 stacks and if you in Trailblazer that is 6 stacks for 4.5 seconds. Now you likely getting less duration in PvP but here is what I found with those short duration Confusions in WvW. You can count on 2 if not three procs due to actions before the enemy tries to not use his skills so as to let the Confusion expire. This can result in 5K damage quite easily but more important then that it can shut an enemy down from doing anything for a period of time. These few seconds can allow you breathing space.

The real power 0f it however is on a Mercy reset coupled with your steal and in particular against Engineer/Necro. In a vacuum the Confusion would not seem to do that much damage but when you add on bleed stacks/vuln stacks and poison off the steal the damage is very significant.

I was trying this over a period of time against builds with high cleanses I usually have issues with. I found the Steal with BA added gave a significant advantage over no BA in the build from a damage POV. After those steals the enemy health would plummet to the danger zone. Without the BA in order to get those enemies to the same danger zone required more time and work. With BA you generaly have lead attacks ticking as well at full 15 percent damage add.

I felt this might be the case especially when you're a thief buzzing in someone's face. They tend to freak out and just unleash skills sometimes and that drops them faster than they realize.

The reason why I'm iffy about it and why I would even consider using Deadly Arts is because I've found that the poison damage coupled with might stacking is just deadly.... And there is potential spamming of Mug which speeds up the damage even more as well.... something to think about maybe...

@Dirame.8521 said:

@"saerni.2584" said:How often are you able to reapply confusion? Outside of resetting Mark and getting a few extra seconds of 3 stacks, I don’t see this doing much damage.

I felt this might be the case especially when you're a thief buzzing in someone's face. They tend to freak out and just unleash skills sometimes and that drops them faster than they realize.

The reason why I'm iffy about it and why I would even consider using Deadly Arts is because I've found that the poison damage coupled with might stacking is just deadly.... And there is potential spamming of Mug which speeds up the damage even more as well.... something to think about maybe...

My biggest issue is on the side of defense. If in DE you really in tough defensivley if you take both DA and TR. In very general terms however , when Comparing P/d in a DA build as opposed to TR , I find the TR will put out more damage RAW and DA will garner the edge when you trait specifically for it (Ie Take traps or the poison sourcevia spider venom). TR has the advantage over DA in that it allows a bit more flexibility as to what you take as a utility. There nothing in the line that says "In order for this to work I need to take utility X"

@Jack Redline.5379 said:

I’m not going to just post my build because I think there is more than one way to condi / hybrid DE. But I do want to give accurate feedback and encourage innovation at the same time.

And i never got that one from anyone.Which is imo quite sadI remember when I made a build for Core Necro and I posted a video of me winning 1v1s against Dragonhunters when they were really tough to beat and all the comments were "you were just fighting noobs". I had proof of it working and yet they still didn't want to try it out to see for themselves. Don't worry mate, people can be hilarious. Thank God for people like Saerni and Babazhook though. Constructive discussions are always more pleasurable than ego bashing.

@"Dirame.8521" said:

I remember when I made a build for Core Necro and I posted a video of me winning 1v1s against Dragonhunters when they were really tough to beat and all the comments were "you were just fighting noobs". I had proof of it working and yet they still didn't want to try it out to see for themselves. Don't worry mate, people can be hilarious. Thank God for people like Saerni and Babazhook though. Constructive discussions are always more pleasurable than ego bashing.

Yea discussing it is always nice

@Dirame.8521 said:

I’m not going to just post my build because I think there is more than one way to condi / hybrid DE. But I do want to give accurate feedback and encourage innovation at the same time.

And i never got that one from anyone.Which is imo quite sadI remember when I made a build for Core Necro and I posted a video of me winning 1v1s against Dragonhunters when they were really tough to beat and all the comments were "you were just fighting noobs". I had proof of it working and yet they still didn't want to try it out to see for themselves. Don't worry mate, people can be hilarious. Thank God for people like Saerni and Babazhook though. Constructive discussions are always more pleasurable than ego bashing.

I've also had similar instances as well. Back when Dragonhunter was tough to kill I had a Death Blossom Daredevil build using Signet of Malice that 1v2ed two Dragonhunters. I think Saerni or someone else from my guild was there and I was ecstatic when I did it. Needless to say, everyone else still called it a gimmick build and called the two I killed terribads because they couldn't counter constant evasions and bleed stacks of 20.

ppl wont let you be happyespecially if you beat them at something or you beat something they cantthey wont let you be happy so just dont careif you can do it and you can do it well and you get results it is all you need dont ask other ppl for oppinion on ur build if you want discuss why you use what but never want to know what they think of your build

So after running some tests in PvP, I've found that Daggerstorm is a good elite for this build as well. 4s Evade whilst cleaving a downed body because you can't stomp is such a life saver, you wouldn't believe.

Also Shortbow is pretty good (especially in a team with other condition classes) for getting rezzes and getting stomps since Poison cloud is unblockable and the daze is also unblockable. Use Rifle for novelty and surprise burst damage to take a target down fast and for stealth escapes.

• 3 weeks later...