Please hotfix Mallyx UE/elite cooldown

Master Ketsu.4569

You are aware I am talking about PvP balance right?

Of course the 10s doesn't matter in PvE because PvE doesn't have balance.

You have failed to explain how a dark field is so OP that it warrants a 10s cd, in comparison to what the elite did before. Name one broken combo Rev could do if they removed the CD that they cannot already do, then we can actually talk and go over details and information like actual intelligent human beings. You are just saying it would be broken, but then not actually explaining how or giving any example or any sort of specific details whatsoever.

@"Master Ketsu.4569" said:You are aware I am talking about PvP balance right?

You have failed to explain how a dark field is so OP that it warrants a 10s cd, in comparison to what the elite did before. Name one broken combo Rev could do if they removed the CD that they cannot already do. You unironically don't even have a point to make.

This isnt the only skill that changed.

We are going to talk PVE then. (oops meant pvp)

First, revs have a leap now -> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Call_to_Anguish

Two, this can be used in many combo fields, expensive for sure.

Three, this field can be combod by others. Spin to win theives, necros, guardians. Or any leaping class for DPS and sustain.

It's a mobile field.

You can combo it with leaps and blast assuming you are running the condi weapon kit (yourself), and others can too.

As it is now, you want to just activate it for what i assume is a GM trait? then deactivate? how much energy do you gain or use in 10s?

It also does damage now (in addition to condis), and increase potency with skill use during active state.

They are obviously chaing how this skill and it's uses are applied.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@"Master Ketsu.4569" said:You are aware I am talking about PvP balance right?

You have failed to explain how a dark field is so OP that it warrants a 10s cd, in comparison to what the elite did before. Name one broken combo Rev could do if they removed the CD that they cannot already do. You unironically don't even have a point to make.

We are going to talk PVE then.

First, revs have a leap now ->

Three, this field can be combod by others. Spin to win theives, necros, guardians. Or any leaping class for DPS and sustain.

It's a mobile field.

You can combo it with leaps and blast assuming you are running the condi weapon kit (yourself), and others can too.

As it is now, you want to just activate it for what i assume is a GM trait? then deactivate? how much energy do you gain or use in 10s?

It also does damage now (in addition to condis), and increase potency with skill use during active state.

PvE balance is not relevant, and everything you just stated are things everyone already knows.

Worst case scenario they could at least split the skill if it actually did result in some crazy raid DPS. But I seriously doubt it. There are already ways to spam fields in raids. It's so unimportant that I can't see why you would even mention it.

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:You are aware I am talking about PvP balance right?

We are going to talk PVE then.

First, revs have a leap now ->

It's a mobile field.

PvE balance is not relevant.

Worst case scenario they could at least split the skill.

I made a mistake, put it in parentheses but I meant PVP.

I know you play condi rev and renegade in PvP.

I play power rev lmao.

I would simply like Mallyx to be viable because it is useful in condi metas, which we might actually be shifting to. The 10s cd prevents it from being so due to it randomly bugging out and being bad for energy management. You have yet to mention anything that would make removing the 10s cd OP. And everything you mentioned in PvP so far actually applies with or without the 10s CD, making all of your points completely 100% irrelevant.

As in, what specific broken combo could you do, that you cannot already do, if the 10s CD was removed? I've been asking this from you multiple times now in multiple different ways and you have yet to provide any substantial answer.

I'd rather have the CtA energy cost reduced by 5.

Embrace the Darkness is a very powerful skill and can be combod with lots of blasts and whirl finishers. Also, your allies benefit from it. 10s CD prevents it from being Dark Field on-demand at any given time. This is healthy.

Keep the CD, or it will be cancer to play against and I don't want it to be nerfed because a bunch of dudes say they either quit Rev or that this Legend is trash because of 10s CD on a skill.This is boring and still, I don't really think you see the advantages of having a Dark Field.

Embrace the Darkness costs do little energy to upkeep, that you can run with +25 energy on legend swap and get on with using it with no problems.

10 seconda has to stay as this skill is very strong. If you want 3s CD or 0, this is straight powercreep to the strong skill, so cut the bs.I agree on 35 energy being too much on CtA, but if you are to suggest powercreeping (or leavng the class), then I think this is no constructive and relevant feedback.All your argument is - "This is trash, it is unplayable, I don't like how it works, I can't spam my skills."

Mallyx at HoT launch was clearly a PvP designed legend (which I personally enjoyed). This design didn't work very well with teamplay since allies would cleanse condis on you, and Revs didn't benefit from EtD Condi transfer.This update aims to bring back the hard CC Mallyx used to have, but in a less cancerous way.It allows Revenants to benefit from Dark Aura (finally) but you can't spam it because it's strong. Pull brings a lot of a set up potential for Mace 2, 3 Axe 5 and EtD Torment application. We have 2 spammable skills, which are Stunbreak and Boonstrip. It's not like if Rev has access to energy, this automatically means all of our skills should have literally no CD.

Revenant (except Shiro) is one of the most balanced classes and Devs are making thoughtful changes so it doesn't bomb with unexpected powercrept Mirage, Scourge or Firebrand joke.

So, keep the EtD as it is. Reduce CtA cost to 30 energy.

@"DonArkanio.6419" said:

All your argument is - "This is trash, it is unplayable, I don't like how it works, I can't spam my skills."

That's because the burden of proof is on you to name one thing about it that would make it OP. And a 10s recharge on EtD has absolutely nothing to do with spam and everything to do with intelligent energy management. It makes you waste energy because people can hard punish it by simply disengaging.

10 seconds has to stay as this skill is very strong. If you want 3s CD or 0, this is straight powercreep to the strong skill, so cut the bs.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

The current new version of EtD is actually an overall NERF due to the removal of the 15% stat boost and addition of cooldown. Dark field is not as effective in PvP as you and Crab are making it out to be, and certainly not worth the loss of these two previous benefits. Removing the cooldown would make it a sidegrade, not powercreep. Mallyx has been meme tier in PvP for years.

It allows Revenants to benefit from Dark Aura (finally) but you can't spam it because it's strong.

You wouldn't be able to spam it with or without a 10s recharge because the skill that grants the aura is not EtD, it's CtA at 35 energy. Moot point.

Yeah the 10 second cooldown is way too much, should be 5 or lower imo. They clearly want us to use it and commit to it, kind of like a Necro shroud, but it’s easy to punish and kite, like you say, and our “setup skill” CtA costs way too much energy and doesn’t provide enough CC to let EtD be truly effective.

Additionally, I’ve been noticing that if something interrupts the cast it sometimes or always goes on the full 10 second cooldown? Which is realllllly awful. Haven’t gotten a chance to test it yet, but it’s either an awful bug or just bad skill design

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:

@"DonArkanio.6419" said:

All your argument is - "This is trash, it is unplayable, I don't like how it works, I can't spam my skills."

That's because the burden of proof is on you to name one thing about it that would make it OP. And a 10s recharge on EtD has absolutely nothing to do with spam and everything to do with intelligent energy management. It makes you waste energy because people can hard punish it by simply disengaging.

10 seconds has to stay as this skill is very strong. If you want 3s CD or 0, this is straight powercreep to the strong skill, so cut the bs.

The current new version of EtD is actually an overall NERF due to the removal of the 15% stat boost and addition of cooldown. Dark field is not as effective in PvP as you and Crab are making it out to be, and certainly not worth the loss of these two previous benefits. Removing the cooldown would make it a sidegrade, not powercreep. Mallyx has been meme tier in PvP for years.

It allows Revenants to benefit from Dark Aura (finally) but you can't spam it because it's strong.

You wouldn't be able to spam it with or without a 10s recharge because the skill that grants the aura is not EtD, it's CtA at 35 energy. Moot point.

I like how you dodged all the rest I said just to make your point. Well, if 10s CD doesn't prevent this skill from being abused, then idk what is your logic. I gave you a clear explanation as to why the things should stay as they are

• while your argument: You have no idea what you're talking about.

Hmph, good luck moaning about Mallyx in your adoration circle as this is clearly not a place to discuss, if you ignore what others say, just to make your arguments.

Tyvm

I agree that the cooldown could be lowered. Personally I think 5 seconds would be fair enough and would still allow for a lot more fluid and adaptable skill usage and energy management. The elite's current design feels superior to its previous iteration, but the cooldown holds back a lot of its potential.

@DonArkanio.6419 said:

I like how you dodged all the rest I said just to make your point. Well, if 10s CD doesn't prevent this skill from being abused, then idk what is your logic. I gave you a clear explanation as to why the things should stay as they are

Hmph, good luck moaning about Mallyx in your adoration circle as this is clearly not a place to discuss, if you ignore what others say, just to make your arguments.

Tyvm

Dark aura is useless. Idk why someone even asked for it when we have resistance lolDark field itself is a potato as well. One of the worst fields ingame. Gimme smoke field and then we can talk about "abusing". Either way it is not the rev i picked up anymore, last bastion called Mallyx got destroyed and i refuse to play with cd+energy on top of it. Mallyx was nerfed for no reason.

It also shows their future direction where all next elite specs will have cooldowns and im pretty sure other utility skills of this class will get cooldowns as well including stunbreaks. Matter of time.

@Burtnik.5218 said:

Tyvm

Dark aura is useless. Idk why someone even asked for it when we have resistance lolDark field itself is a potato as well. One of the worst fields ingame. Gimme smoke field and then we can talk about "abusing". Either way it is not the rev i picked up anymore, last bastion called Mallyx got destroyed and i refuse to play with cd+energy on top of it. Mallyx was nerfed for no reason.

It also shows their future direction where all next elite specs will have cooldowns and im pretty sure other utility skills of this class will get cooldowns as well including stunbreaks. Matter of time.That’s my issue with these changes. They’re adding relatively lengthy cooldowns on abilities that have associated energy costs. The original idea was to use energy as your limiter with no or a low cooldown. Personally, there should be no utility with a cooldown longer than 5 seconds. The energy cost limits the spammable nature of them.

Why is everyone talking about dark field like it's good and exploitable? It's literally the worst combo field, and easily the least abusable... Are we maybe confusing its effects with Smoke fields?

Edit: Whoops, someone already said this exact thing, I just couldn't make it through all these mind bending comments b4 posting. :expressionless:

@narcx.3570 said:Why is everyone talking about dark field like it's good and exploitable? It's literally the worst combo field, and easily the least abusable... Are we maybe confusing its effects with Smoke fields?

Edit: Whoops, someone already said this exact thing, I just couldn't make it through all these mind bending comments b4 posting. :expressionless:

Eh, for me it isn't mind bending, but moreso appreciating the value of a good blind. However, I will agree with you that the other combos from a dark field are pretty low value. I tend to use mace/axe and staff when running condi, so don't really feel the lacklusterness of whirl/projectile finishers. Personally I would have preferred a mobile ice field (hello auramancers!) to gain more synergy with Abyssal Chill and because frost aura is quite nice, but they probably just went with a dark field because it...makes sense?

@narcx.3570 said:

@"Knighthonor.4061" said:wait its suppose to have smoke field? mine bugged its dropping dark field

No, it's supposed to be dark... I just think a lot of the posters above are confusing dark field effects with smoke fields (or think that they're the same thing?) I dunno.

I half suspected this was their mistake but honestly I think people just don't understand why Mallyx is considered "bad".

Mallyx has the worst energy management of every legend. All the skills require the other skills be used in order to work. For instance, the heal is sub par without using pain absorption first. The leap is sub par if your target has stab, meaning you will want to use the boon remove first, etc. All of this costs between 35-55 energy. In PvP, it's just too much cost for too little reward. This is why putting a CD on the upkeep skill is so devastating to how the stance works, normally deactivating upkeeps for a brief moment is a good way to save energy when not needed, but with a 10s CD this is too punishing to actually do. It completely breaks the flow of the legend.

TL;DR these changes to Mallyx are an overall nerf to a spec that was already considered low tier.