Upcoming Engineer Balance Changes

Vagrant.7206

@DinoStone.2485 said:

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:It was a great profession mechanic in all game modes. Blatantly favor pvp and wvw, bull kitten. Rezzing people is only a pvp/wvw thing right? Just had someone post how they run fractals with pug groups and it works great. But now they will be able to rez much less often and in key situations.

Once I started playing scrapper I had to look it up and see how Scrap would down me with gyro, but once I figured that out, it's great.You not noticing it---says more about you than the skill. Do you ever rez/stomp?

My point is that as soon as you step out if a game mode where you need to finish your enemies (pvp wvw) you lose half the use of the function gyro. Also, in something like a raid, you shouldn’t need to res if your supports/healers are doing their job properly. Not saying you never need to res, but in a perfect world you shouldn’t. Not to mention that when you can only res with the function gyro, it basically becomes a discount search and rescue.

Gotcha.Definitely a worse search and rescue but yeah. I see what you're saying.Ideally, there would be options for what you wanted.You could have a choice of how the Gyro worked depending on how and in what setting you were playing the class.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:

@DinoStone.2485 said:I mostly play PvE, so I can say that the function gyro is bordering on completely useless for me. And now the fact that I need to give up something as big as my elite toolbelt skill for a function gyro that is still practically useless means that the already minority healing scrapper becomes even less useful. If I’m being honest I just want them to remove function gyro and give us a profession mechanic that doesn’t so blatantly favor PvP and WvW.

Even then, I’ve done some of both on my scrapper, and I can say that my toobelt skill (especially detection pulse) has always been more useful to me than the still pretty useless function gyro. Please give us a profession mechanic that works in all game modes, and not one that favors two, and still doesn’t work all that well.

I think that a profession mechanic should be central to a class/elite spec, but I’ve never felt that scrapper’s function gyro is central to the class, or something that I couldn’t picture the class without. Take for example the holosmith. The photon forge/heat is so central to everything about the class, and all the traits, exceed skills, and weapon skills revolve around that. While I’m not saying that scrapper needs to go that far, I’d like to see a profession mechanic that works more like that.

I didn't notice the function gyro for a long time after I had started playing scrapper. So yes, it's a horrible profession mechanic.

It was a great profession mechanic in all game modes. Blatantly favor pvp and wvw, bull kitten. Rezzing people is only a pvp/wvw thing right? Just had someone post how they run fractals with pug groups and it works great. But now they will be able to rez much less often and in key situations.

Once I started playing scrapper I had to look it up and see how Scrap would down me with gyro, but once I figured that out, it's great.You not noticing it---says more about you than the skill. Do you ever rez/stomp?

Of course, I do, but the mechanic is very unnoticeable and half of its use vanishes in modes where you can't stomp. There's also the fact that in the visual clutter that is called Guild Wars 2 it sometimes is really difficult to actually target the player who's in need of a rez. All other class mechanics are highly visible and easily noticeable. Say what you want, but I think that speaks volumes about its design. With the change (disregarding balancing of any kind) Anet has streamlined the ability to be more in line with the rest. It's noticeable, it's a combo field and is on a default key where all other profession mechanics are.

Function gyro should do something different to living enemies and not-downstate allies, in addition to its current effects. Hinging an elite spec's main mechanic - the thing they sacrifice stuff to get (and with the -300 vit, it's a BIG sacrifice) - on on allies screwing up majorly is painful and unfun design. Maybe a unique damage & defense buff that also cleanses and applies barrier.

I mean, c'mon. Obviously, the current incarnation is SO amazing, it'd be perfectly viable and balanced to have some decision making on so I save it to rez allies/stomp enemies, or use it to get enemies to downstate faster.

@RoterFuchs.9216 said:

@DinoStone.2485 said:I mostly play PvE, so I can say that the function gyro is bordering on completely useless for me. And now the fact that I need to give up something as big as my elite toolbelt skill for a function gyro that is still practically useless means that the already minority healing scrapper becomes even less useful. If I’m being honest I just want them to remove function gyro and give us a profession mechanic that doesn’t so blatantly favor PvP and WvW.

Even then, I’ve done some of both on my scrapper, and I can say that my toobelt skill (especially detection pulse) has always been more useful to me than the still pretty useless function gyro. Please give us a profession mechanic that works in all game modes, and not one that favors two, and still doesn’t work all that well.

I think that a profession mechanic should be central to a class/elite spec, but I’ve never felt that scrapper’s function gyro is central to the class, or something that I couldn’t picture the class without. Take for example the holosmith. The photon forge/heat is so central to everything about the class, and all the traits, exceed skills, and weapon skills revolve around that. While I’m not saying that scrapper needs to go that far, I’d like to see a profession mechanic that works more like that.

I didn't notice the function gyro for a long time after I had started playing scrapper. So yes, it's a horrible profession mechanic.

It was a great profession mechanic in all game modes. Blatantly favor pvp and wvw, bull kitten. Rezzing people is only a pvp/wvw thing right? Just had someone post how they run fractals with pug groups and it works great. But now they will be able to rez much less often and in key situations.

Of course, I do, but the mechanic is very unnoticeable and half of its use vanishes in modes where you can't stomp. There's also the fact that in the visual clutter that is called Guild Wars 2 it sometimes is really difficult to actually target the player who's in need of a rez. All other class mechanics are highly visible and easily noticeable. Say what you want, but I think that speaks volumes about its design. With the change (disregarding balancing of any kind) Anet has streamlined the ability to be more in line with the rest. It's noticeable, it's a combo field and is on a default key where all other profession mechanics are.

My problem isn't with the design. It was a great profession mechanic. You seem to be talking about the UI setup of the skill.If I had a button, that replaced the previous gyro function and nothing else changed, that would be great.But now it's on a-longer cd-shorter rangeand while it was a Well before it can now be destroyed in small pvp fights.It's even more useless in WvW.

It is now considerably worse than other class rez traits.

• 2 weeks later...

Cmon guys, quitting the game just for what happened ln this balance patch tells me you aren't used to an Engi purity of purpose patch.

I have seen this class in worse states, with worse diversity, and while Scrapper is back to meh tier, it's still better than Scrapper previous to their reworks.

We can endure this, Scrapper can't have it worse now.

Also prepare yourselves for the bandwagon of people asking for Holo nerfs, we ain't done yet.

No m8 the point here is they dont know what they are even doing and im SICK of this.I dont even know why i installed this game on my new rig.

Even dulfy bailed the F out without saying a word cos when you read these so called "balance patches" you get TOURETTE

Removing the reflect from Defense Field and the reveal from Sneak Gyro why?!Give me VALID reasons to justify the changes.WHY change the F5?!Meanwhile there are so many other skills and traits no one ever pick cos they are trash sitting there in a LIMBO.