We have reclaimed our title!

ArthurDent.9538

@otto.5684 said:

@ArthurDent.9538 said:While we are at it can we fix inspiring reinforcement multihitting on large hit boxes and killing off chaos Chrono permanent 9 boons so that we can go back to being auto kicked for trying to join raids on power rev again?

Turns out I'm psychic and now we don't even get an official benchmark anymore.

Hello necroobumper.

Rev is 35k on large hitbox according to SC.

Power

29.5k + Boons galore. (See description)

Herald is a support spec.

Herald is support spec? There is not a single support build in any game mode that uses herald. It is only used as power dps.

Herald is
absolutely
a support spec. From its motif, elite spec weapon, down to its trait design. Too bad shield sucks. still a support spec though.

When we get our third elite specialization with a Greatsword, that will be our power spec.

Thematically herald is supposed to be a support spec. In reality though, it is not. The utilities and traits do not synergize with anything but power

I have no issue, it’s a power support spec... and it’s quite decent.

Renegade/Malix

Heral/ventari

Herald/jalis

@ArthurDent.9538 said:Just got 31283 after a few tries on the golem which can probably be optimized a bit more. Looks like we are back to more or less on par with power necro, engi, and ranger and that isn't counting facet of nature assassin on the party. Genuine thanks to the balance team for the pve buffs.

Could you post a build? But I have a feeling if I walked into a Fractal, I'd be asked (politely) to switch to alacrity renegade.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@ArthurDent.9538 said:Just got 31283 after a few tries on the golem which can probably be optimized a bit more. Looks like we are back to more or less on par with power necro, engi, and ranger and that isn't counting facet of nature assassin on the party. Genuine thanks to the balance team for the pve buffs.

Could you post a build? But I have a feeling if I walked into a Fractal, I'd be asked (politely) to switch to alacrity renegade.

Nothing fancy, just full zerk scholar with traits dev 221, invo 213, herald 213. Force and air sigil where air sigil is better than impact unless the enemy can be stunned or if there are adds so impact sigil is better in most cases except for golem benchmarks and a few other places. Assassin's presence is technically better in groups (assuming rest of group is competent) but notoriety is the better option to greed personal dps and also should be taken if there is another devastation rev in the group. Rotation is something like facet of nature stays on passive the whole time, open having regen, fury, might, swift, and nature facets active -> burst of strength ->facet of chaos -> 2 -> 4 -> 5 -> elemental blast -> legend swap -> impossible odds -> 2 precision strikes in shiro don't interrupt auto chain -> legend swap -> all 3 utility facets with double tapping might for burst of strength -> facet of chaos -> elemental blast -> 2 -> 4 -> 5 -> 2 auto chain -> chaotic release -> 2 -> 1 auto chain -> elemental blast -> burst of strength -> shiro and loop. That was from memory, so probably some mistakes especially considering i never found a rotation I was super happy with. Precision strike cd actually lines up really weirdly with legend swap and if you use it off cd, there are times you can fit 3 of them into the shrio rotation but I don't know if it is worth it especially since that requires perfect alacrity. My best pull ended up around 31.7k, I think 32k+ is definitly possible and that doesn't count the extra damage from facet of nature assassin on the group.

@"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:That's the exact same build and rotation I did, and I got 24k.

Did you use food? What profession specific buffs and boons did you go with? Because, if you tick "all boons" and "all profession bonuses", you'll get a drastically higher number than usual.

Used food, used power infusions, used the standard 7 boons, frost, sun, banners, empower allies, and spotter. Make sure you have 25 might and 25 vuln I guess.

I wont say anything about necro nor about anet way of doing "balance" .But you must understand that herald espec was not used in pve except for a few people because you had almost nothing to contribute to your team. Yes you had rene condy y sup y herald was good in pvp mvm but that doesnt mean we pve players dont deserve to have a power class so we asked for it.If you want a better necro then you can ask for it and maybe anet listens but in my opinion necro is not that bad (it needs some buffs to condi )I mean you have reaper for power and scourge for condi and heal/sup ,its not the top dps on power and has little dmg in condi but you have thing to use and that makes you usefull,for example shroud that makes you almost immortal and a simple rota with reaper, epidemic with the condi wich is incredibly usefull in a lot of bosses and with the healer build you can res almost a full party on your own.I wont say you necros and other classes dont need buffs or nerfs but you shouldnt say revenant didnt need a balance in herald because it was needed and it was well done for once .Oh and buffing the ele (who has one of the most difficult rotations in raid with the worst survival) is something i dont think is bad either