why do YOU stow your weapons after a fight? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

why do YOU stow your weapons after a fight?

be honest.

Comments

  • Alatar.7364Alatar.7364 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I dislike the look/animations of drawn weapons for the weapons I mostly use, frankly most look ridiculous.

    ~ I Aear cân ven na mar

  • Mini Crinny.6190Mini Crinny.6190 Member ✭✭✭

    Take a screenshot of me standing over a dead body, gotta look good for it

  • Sampson.2403Sampson.2403 Member ✭✭✭

    Doesn't it take you out of combat faster?

  • Same reason I stow weapons in combat, to not spam abilities into CI or full counters. Just so used to it at this point.
    Whenever I'm not using skills, I stow.

    ~ God Tier Guardian

  • Vagrant.7206Vagrant.7206 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Alatar.7364 said:
    I dislike the look/animations of drawn weapons for the weapons I mostly use, frankly most look ridiculous.

    Yeah, the idle animations with weapons drawn aren't particularly good IMO.

    The great god Lagki demands sacrifice!

  • Dayra.7405Dayra.7405 Member ✭✭✭

    For the illusion to get faster out-of-fight ;)

  • eksn.7264eksn.7264 Member ✭✭✭

    To save the frames

  • Gamble.4580Gamble.4580 Member ✭✭✭

    I do it cus vallun does it

  • Widmo.3186Widmo.3186 Member ✭✭✭

    Kids stow weapons after a fight.
    Real pro BM'ers stow weapons and stay still in the middle of the fight.

    Dont mind me, I just randomly spam 35 skill-buttons

  • Euthymias.7984Euthymias.7984 Member ✭✭✭

    I like my charr on all fours vs being on their hindlegs all the time.

  • Ubi.4136Ubi.4136 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @MithranArkanere.8957 said:
    Would you run around with scissors in your hands?

    Weapon stow is a command you must have in a readily available key to interrupt skill activations and avoid getting your skills wasted by interrupts and getting yourself killed by retaliation or confusion, so it takes no time to use it when I'm done punishing the unworthy.

    Eventually it comes naturally. You do it without thinking. Like punctuating.
    Can you imagine ending a sentence in chat without an appropriate end mark like some sort of crazy person?
    Of course not. We are all reasonable adults here. Adults use terminal punctuation.

    Stowing your weapon is the terminal punctuation of fighting.

    Best answer on the forums.

    Lost in the Maguuma (TC)
    For the geographically challenged, yes, Tarnished Coast is located IN the Maguuma Jungle.

  • To avoid my auto-attack xD (for range weapons)

  • @Widmo.3186 said:
    Kids stow weapons after a fight.
    Real pro BM'ers stow weapons and stay still in the middle of the fight.

    Do it like Zlatan

  • i do it because I like pressing my buttons, its like when you see players jumping or stowing randomly as they move. sounds silly but kind of a habit.

  • Fat Disgrace.4275Fat Disgrace.4275 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Stow weapon would be cool if it actually worked on aa reliably. On skills it's fine but in AA you sometimes have to spam the hot key many times before the aa stops, shame anet cant add "cancel action"like in gw1.

  • Zagerus.8675Zagerus.8675 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 18, 2019

    I do it because it's like adjusting your suit as you walk into a building - stowing weapons asserts the mechanical cleanliness/efficacy of your play. That and I don't actually own any suits. So.

  • Yannir.4132Yannir.4132 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @MithranArkanere.8957 said:
    Would you run around with scissors in your hands?

    Weapon stow is a command you must have in a readily available key to interrupt skill activations and avoid getting your skills wasted by interrupts and getting yourself killed by retaliation or confusion, so it takes no time to use it when I'm done punishing the unworthy.

    Eventually it comes naturally. You do it without thinking. Like punctuating.
    Can you imagine ending a sentence in chat without an appropriate end mark like some sort of crazy person?
    Of course not. We are all reasonable adults here. Adults use terminal punctuation.

    Stowing your weapon is the terminal punctuation of fighting.

    You need to put that last sentence in your signature.

  • I stow to help signal an area is clear.

  • KrHome.1920KrHome.1920 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I don't. Dodge jumps with a drawn twilight look awesome.

  • Skotlex.7580Skotlex.7580 Member ✭✭✭

    Me? I just feel that's the right thing to do. Battle over, no need to run around with drawn weapons.

    however, I've made such an habit of this that I regularly kill a foe, stow, then immediately use a leap skill towards a nearby target. :P

  • because it makes me look like a pro even though i am garbage
    also stowing + standing still during fight like above posters said makes me look super pro like i've won WC several times even tho i am garbage

  • sinsrock.1702sinsrock.1702 Member ✭✭
    edited July 18, 2019

    because i play Human and MALE human or even MALE sylv with drawn weapons your chr walks like somethings in there butt lol

  • cuz we saw the pros do it first and we like to be wannabes and to give the illusion of being dominant and cool.
    I mean its good for getting people mad and rattled too! easy whisper block from salty kids too

    hey fake it until you make it right?

  • Chilli.2976Chilli.2976 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Because is has become a habit.

  • Bigpapasmurf.5623Bigpapasmurf.5623 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 20, 2019

    Only rookies stow their weapons. Real winners /sit by their spoils and wait for their return

    Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/TRMC
    Lover of Jumping puzzles, Squirrels, WvW, and Taimi
    Co-Leader of SOmething inAPpropriate {SOAP}

  • Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 20, 2019

    I don't. in fact, as soon as i'm visible, I start swinging my weapons like a madman to let them know I see them and i'm coming for em. to really rustle their jimmies I use both dodges and my heal, just to point out i'm not afraid of anyone and that i'm super tough.

    Te lazla otstra.
    nerf list

  • alain.1659alain.1659 Member ✭✭✭

    I do it as a sign of respect after a really good duel with my opponent. I tend to bow afterwards too. Dojo discipline I guess. Never thought it as an insult until now.

  • bravan.3876bravan.3876 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 20, 2019

    If you don't random perma jumpdodge in addition you are not half as pro as you think and never play warrior then!

    "playing revenant is borderline exploiting" - up condimirage 2k18

  • Megametzler.5729Megametzler.5729 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 20, 2019

    @bravan.3876 said:
    If you don't random perma jumpdodge in addition you are not half as pro as you think and never play warrior then!

    Do it with thief. Dodgejumpbound for extra acrobatic skillz!

  • bravan.3876bravan.3876 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Megametzler.5729 said:

    @bravan.3876 said:
    If you don't random perma jumpdodge in addition you are not half as pro as you think and never play warrior then!

    Do it with thief. Dodgejumpbound for extra acrobatic skillz!

    :joy: but isn't that visually ineffective on bound and dash?

    "playing revenant is borderline exploiting" - up condimirage 2k18

  • Megametzler.5729Megametzler.5729 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @bravan.3876 said:

    @Megametzler.5729 said:

    @bravan.3876 said:
    If you don't random perma jumpdodge in addition you are not half as pro as you think and never play warrior then!

    Do it with thief. Dodgejumpbound for extra acrobatic skillz!

    :joy: but isn't that visually ineffective on bound and dash?

    Naah, with Dash you have a little jump at the beginning. I... think not for the whole length though. Can't quite remember, can't test ist right now.

    With Bound you just jump a little higher. It looks awesome!^^

  • bravan.3876bravan.3876 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 20, 2019

    @Megametzler.5729 said:

    @bravan.3876 said:

    @Megametzler.5729 said:

    @bravan.3876 said:
    If you don't random perma jumpdodge in addition you are not half as pro as you think and never play warrior then!

    Do it with thief. Dodgejumpbound for extra acrobatic skillz!

    :joy: but isn't that visually ineffective on bound and dash?

    Naah, with Dash you have a little jump at the beginning. I... think not for the whole length though. Can't quite remember, can't test ist right now.

    With Bound you just jump a little higher. It looks awesome!^^

    Never noticed that! I will closely look at this next time i play thief and abuse it from now on!

    "playing revenant is borderline exploiting" - up condimirage 2k18

  • Bigpapasmurf.5623Bigpapasmurf.5623 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @alain.1659 said:
    I do it as a sign of respect after a really good duel with my opponent. I tend to bow afterwards too. Dojo discipline I guess. Never thought it as an insult until now.

    I used to /bow after good fights, however the toxicity of PvP made people think I was doing it as an insult...so I started /salute

    Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/TRMC
    Lover of Jumping puzzles, Squirrels, WvW, and Taimi
    Co-Leader of SOmething inAPpropriate {SOAP}

  • Zephyra.4709Zephyra.4709 Member ✭✭✭

    @Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

    @alain.1659 said:
    I do it as a sign of respect after a really good duel with my opponent. I tend to bow afterwards too. Dojo discipline I guess. Never thought it as an insult until now.

    I used to /bow after good fights, however the toxicity of PvP made people think I was doing it as an insult...so I started /salute

    Yeah you're better off with /salute... /bow usually means you are ready to duel or asking to engage in one.

  • Aylpse.6280Aylpse.6280 Member ✭✭

    You move faster with your weapons stowed last I checked. Hell there are times where I am kiting on Necro I try to stow after a cast mid combat. I don't mean any BM ever, at least not seriously or out of malice. I do apologize to anyone who thinks I have jumped on their corpse. I have a bad habit of bunny hopping in every single game, even to my own detriment and there are times I forget.

  • MrForz.1953MrForz.1953 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 21, 2019

    The lines are blurry between noble and hypocrite and outright bad-mannering. Stowing weapons is something I've done out of habit from frequent kit switching since the beginning of time.

    Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Pirate - Jade Quarry

  • AllNightPlayer.1286AllNightPlayer.1286 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 21, 2019

    I draw weapons before and stow them after a fight (or if I am trying to retreat)—always!
    I do not really know, why I do so. Maybe it is a habit from other games. But for me it is mainly for aesthetics. And I love the different running animations per race and gender of GW2 :heart: (Except for the still broken running animation on Human females :disappointed: )

  • Razor.6392Razor.6392 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 21, 2019

    Ever since I bound it to mouse3 button there really isn't a reason to not do it.

    Never said I'm the best, but I believe I'm better than you.

  • Bigpapasmurf.5623Bigpapasmurf.5623 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Zephyra.4709 said:

    @Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

    @alain.1659 said:
    I do it as a sign of respect after a really good duel with my opponent. I tend to bow afterwards too. Dojo discipline I guess. Never thought it as an insult until now.

    I used to /bow after good fights, however the toxicity of PvP made people think I was doing it as an insult...so I started /salute

    Yeah you're better off with /salute... /bow usually means you are ready to duel or asking to engage in one.

    I used to duel...a lot...so that much I knew. When people started to see /bow as a bm gesture (as in haha I won, come at me bro) i had to change it up as i am rarely like that.

    Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/TRMC
    Lover of Jumping puzzles, Squirrels, WvW, and Taimi
    Co-Leader of SOmething inAPpropriate {SOAP}

  • Mbelch.9028Mbelch.9028 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Eternity draw effects or to not trigger FC/Confusion/Ect.

  • I never did that but thanks to this thread I am starting right now and it‘s getting addictive :D

    ~ Miyu Chan

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.