Vision Collection Bug: Banner of the Commander

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I tried to craft the banner again, a character who completed the story. But the emblem remained locked.The banner is soulbound, so I couldn’t check it on the all characters. I checked it on 2 characters (one complete story and then craf exotic ersion, second craft ascended version (using previous crafted exotic) and then complete story. Vision still locked.

I don’t need the vision itself, I can buy all the items that it unlocks and complete Vision of Kourna. There is not even a vision on wiki and it is not required for achievements.I just don’t like the fact that I see an item for which all the requirements are met, and I can’t buy it.Maybe Anet can delete Vision of Equipment: Banner of the Commander from trader?

@jessiejay.3625 said:Says the exotic version. I'm about to craft it soon and dont know if you have to do the exotic before the ascended one or not. If you only have the dauntless ascended one, it will not count.

For this part of Vision, you don't need to craft the ascended banner--just the exotic one. Sorry to see that folks are having issues in crafting this. :'(

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
6 hours ago, Bioshockwave.5074 said:

Don't remember how i completed mine but it says you need to complete Riding Skyscales achievement first. Check that first.

I have my skyscale unlocked, so I think I'm good there?

Any help here, ANet?  I cannot progress until this is resolved and it seems like a known issue for at least a year now.  Not impressed...

• 5 months later...
On 11/12/2021 at 2:31 AM, Starseer.1047 said:

Woohoo, now I get to join this thread! Made the exotic banner and yet I am still unable to obtain the item. Somewhat distressing that there is no resolution in here yet. 

Good news folks, there has been a resolution. I am apparently blind and didn't notice that the item available for purchase is no longer required for the Vision collection, but is still sold by the merchant (however, crafting the exotic banner is still needed. it should appear in the collection as the banner's own icon, rather than the icon of item you purchase from the vendor). It was both a red herring and a wild goose! I'm just very glad that my progress isn't irreparably blocked.

Edited by Starseer.1047
Clarity
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 1 year later...