What are the new busted builds?

Sampson.2403

I like to play the OP busted stuff. Played condi / one shot mirage when they were OP. Was playing Rev these last couple of seasons but this recent patch screwed that up.

So, tell me, what is the new cancer? I hope its not the CI mirage build because I've never liked the tankier, node camping stuff. I like being a predator, preferably with ports.

I had a FA weaver yesterday doing 20k bursts in <1s on my 1300T firebrand. (lightning strike, plasma beam, arcane blast). Of course, its FA weaver and has almost no sustain, but the new buffs seem to have been rather significant.

Rampage is still silly and magebane tether didn't get touched.

DD is quite a pain with the new traps. Seal Area+ Vault is rather annoying.

@sinsrock.1702 said:play Trap DH its pretty bursty and people dont see it enough to learn how deal with it hahaha, check out some of my vids you'll see what i mean, Tryfox95 is my youtube channel.

It's a nice little bit of nostalgia to see DH trappers back in PvP. It's still quite a lazy build and a piece of cake to take them apart if you know what to look for, but it's a fine way to drop people that aren't paying attention.

@Aaron Forestman.4758 said:

@sinsrock.1702 said:play Trap DH its pretty bursty and people dont see it enough to learn how deal with it hahaha, check out some of my vids you'll see what i mean, Tryfox95 is my youtube channel.

It's a nice little bit of nostalgia to see DH trappers back in PvP. It's still quite a lazy build and a piece of cake to take them apart if you know what to look for, but it's a fine way to drop people that aren't paying attention.

Yea good thing there arent really any great players outside of plat 2-p3 and legy ranking right xD it was easier to climb with trap DH then it was Rev last season honestly, i run Trap runes to make the TS hit Hard af and completely unpredictable haha easily one of my fav classes EVEN if i want to play dead eye with the new tele preparation that allows you to even tele back onto things that are a no tele zone lol

As far as I have seen, Weaver is slightly better and scrapper is worse. Everything else is the same.

Trap DH? You do know there were not changes to traps damage or application, right? And please do not tell me you have issues with DH running zeal and/or radiance. These can be killed by anything looking in their general direction.

@Vieux P.1238 said:

@Ryan.9387 said:Give it a week or two to settle down.

Best guess though:MirageHoloDeadeyeWeaver

Other specs will still be useful but these will stand out I think.

why is mesmer on top of your list? ah yeah..Bias...

???

The list is in no particular order...

I multiclass and have no main. I have nothing to lose if a spec gets nerfed because I'll bandwagon onto whatever is strongest.

This season on various alts:Mirage - p3 naHolo - p3 na | p3 euWeaver - p2 na (few games though, super boring spec to play)Deadeye - haven't played yet, but intend to

I honestly believe all of these builds are busted, and I will abuse them in ranked until they're nerfed. Also common to all is that they remained untouched despite being top tier pre patch.

What kind of build you use for trap DH? I used to ran that ages ago in WvW, but the lack of mobility always killed it for me. Would probably work better for PvP.

@Traveller.7496 said:

@"sinsrock.1702" said:play Trap DH its pretty bursty and people dont see it enough to learn how deal with it hahaha, check out some of my vids you'll see what i mean, Tryfox95 is my youtube channel.

What kind of build you use for trap DH? I used to ran that ages ago in WvW, but the lack of mobility always killed it for me. Would probably work better for PvP.

im currently running valk amulet and Trapper runes, before you sneeze at trapper runes understand my reasoning, it enables you to re position very easily which is something DH lacks as a class as well as set up perpetration when using trueshot or spear of justice

as far as traits im usingRadiance - 3,3,3Virtues - 1,2,3DH -112

someone in the above comments did mention that DH is not the greatest and people that know how to counter it is very true but i will say ive beaten even some of the best players i know in duels etc because they really arnt expecting trapper runes, for my skills i useLongbowS/ShPurification , Test of faith , Fragments of Faith , "Save yourself" and last renewed focus,

i played a game last night where i took every medal you can get in ranked even healing, so the build CAN do work if the person knows how to engage, disengage and rotate correctly, you WILL not win every fight so just know when to use a trap and stealth off :) super useful for disengage :) hope this helps >

@otto.5684 said:

As far as I have seen, Weaver is slightly better and scrapper is worse. Everything else is the same.

Trap DH? You do know there were not changes to traps damage or application, right? And please do not tell me you have issues with DH running zeal and/or radiance. These can be killed by anything looking in their general direction.

Yes im aware the traps had no changes but the buff to longbow is what i was referring to :) i am not running zeal i considered it but yea your right WAY to squishy haha but trap runes offset that a little because stealth is easily one of the best defenses in game

Hope this helps some people if they want to give it a try also feel free to add me in game id love to help more out i think DH can get kinda slept on sometimes and its more of a traditional hunter in my eyes ! :)

@bbop.9706 said:

@Sampson.2403 said:Can someone post or link the dps FA weaver build? Is the one on metabattle accurate?

Arcane 321 Water 231 Weaver 332Divinity or Leadership Rune - Mender AmuletSigil of Energy + Courage

You are welcome =)

Thanks, i will try this out.

Which utilities to use?

Mind explaining the dps rotations? Or can i just read the general approach off of a metabattle build?

@Sampson.2403 said:

@Sampson.2403 said:Can someone post or link the dps FA weaver build? Is the one on metabattle accurate?

Arcane 321 Water 231 Weaver 332Divinity or Leadership Rune - Mender AmuletSigil of Energy + Courage

You are welcome =)

Which utilities to use?

Mind explaining the dps rotations? Or can i just read the general approach off of a metabattle build?

This isnt a FA build. FA is in the air traitline

condi chronoburn fb with zeal and spirit sword can maintain 19 stacks of burn on golem, no idea how this would play out in a real world scenariocondi weaver seems strong when stance stab gets fixed but its kinda slowscrapper with demo or mara is busted in team fights but cant really hold a node 1v1seen some condi teefs stacking some insane poisons but idk much about teefmirage got buffed lol, a lot better now vs condis

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:condi chronoburn fb with zeal and spirit sword can maintain 19 stacks of burn on golem, no idea how this would play out in a real world scenariocondi weaver seems strong when stance stab gets fixed but its kinda slowscrapper with demo or mara is busted in team fights but cant really hold a node 1v1seen some condi teefs stacking some insane poisons but idk much about teefmirage got buffed lol, a lot better now vs condis

FB dps PvE meta build shifted from using virtues to zeal, and gained like 2-4K damage. PvP wise, contrary to the believe, changes to zeal are a bit negative. Higher damage potential, but loss in consistency and loss in sustain. Biggest guardian PvP build winner this patch is surely DH. The change to LB 3 is much bigger benefit that I though it would be. It still does not make DH competitive, but I think in the right hands it could be taken to P3.

Scrapper vanished from sPvP. I have only seen 1 in almost 10 games since the patch. I used to see 1 at least every 2 games.

I have only seen 1 condi chrono, played by a mesmer player that I recognize (someone skilled with the class). Did not do well.

I have seen some really weird thief stuff this patch. None of it works. It is just weird. I keep hearing about condi thief builds dishing some insane damage. They do not seem any different than before. It is more of some condi DD thief going to side node and trolling a clueless player or two.

Guardian is still the class I see the most in sPvP. Though, very rarely I see anyone play it well.

@Sampson.2403 said:

You are welcome =)

Which utilities to use?

Cello can demonstrate better than i ever could :+1: