PSA: Don’t be mad because Rev OUTSKILLED YOU

Rev can now out skill you, but about a year ago they could not: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/25118/give-revenant-stealth/p1

Which one is it? Is it skill or simply being over tuned by buffs? Why wasn't there a thread about out skilling a opponent before the rev buffs? They should exist since this is obviously not a issue with a class being over tuned. If you could win by skill alone then why even ask for buffs? There should be no need.

GW2 balance changes always make it so a class/es are over tuned for a brief period of time. During that time threads pop up telling other players that its THEM that is the problem. That all they need to do is: know how to play the game, don't be mad, get good, its all skill. Then when Anet finally decides to tune down the class then we get threads asking for buffs and how hard it is to win compared to xx class.

@"Aza.2105" said:Rev can now out skill you, but about a year ago they could not: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/25118/give-revenant-stealth

Which one is it? Is it skill or simply being over tuned by buffs? Why wasn't there a thread about out skilling a opponent before the rev buffs? They should exist since this is obviously not a issue with a class being over tuned. If you could win by skill alone then why even ask for buffs? There should be no need.

GW2 balance changes always make it so a class/es are over tuned for a brief period of time. During that time threads pop up telling other players that its THEM that is the problem. That all they need to do is: know how to play the game, don't be mad, get good, its all skill. Then when Anet finally decides to tune down the class then we get threads asking for buffs and how hard it is to win compared to xx class.

LOL

The rev hate is half justified and half not.

Power Shiro has been the one and only build considered competitively viable for a long time now, and for a period during PoF launch was considered a low tier spec. The problem back then was Rev had the damage, but lacked utility and thus couldn't deal with the insane condi-power creep where nearly every condi build has passives to automatically stack 2-4 cover conditions on top of normal skill usage. I think Anet made a huge mistake at this point, where instead of just improving Revs base condi clear and general utility they buffed Revs damage when it already has one of the highest burst damage combos in the game. They should seriously revert a lot of the damage buffs revs got while giving the class better utility in exchange.

IMO I would do this:First some nerfs/reverts and reworks of some of the buffs rev has gotten in the past 2 years1. Revert Notoriety back to just giving might. No need for an extra 250 power. This is IMO the #1 important issue with how Rev damage was power crept. It's very easy to gain over +600 power from just this trait alone in terms of the might you get from it and the bonus power.2. Split targeted destruction PvE/PvP so it has a maximum bonus of 8% in PvP. The rework that gave it 0.5% damage was a balanced sidegrade in 1v1, but in teams with double revs it actually becomes a stupid buff because it's very easy for 2 revs bursting the same target to stack vuln.3. Split Reinforced Potency and Forceful persistence for PvE/PvP so it gives 0.8% per boon and 10% damage in competitive game modes.4. Change sword 4 back into a block with the following Rework:Duelists preparation ( Part 1 ): Block incoming attacks for 2 seconds. Gain Shackling force for 3 seconds for each attack blocked ( Maximum 5 stacks ).Shackling wave ( Part 2 ): Same as it is now, but only does the additional strike damage for each stack of Shackling force. +100% damage in PvE onlyThis makes Sword 4 into a more interactive counter attack skill that is fun to both use and play against, instead of the current "Woops I just ate 40-90% of your whole health bar after a teleport / dodge bait". This rework makes the damage very low if nothing is blocked, but still an overall great skill.5. Sword 5 now split between game modes and does 8% less in competitive and 120% more in PvE. ( This is mainly due to the buff it received that hastened the casting speed, but reverting that buff would make the skill feel very clunky so slightly reducing the damage is a better nerf )

Then some utility buffs to make up for it so Rev still has a decent meta build, more balanced towards skirmishing rather than just instagibbing people at random. These mainly will prevent Rev from falling back to garbage tier as soon as the meta shifts towards conditions.1. Increased the condis cleared by Cleansing channel and Renewing wave by 1. Renewing wave cast reduced by 1/4 second.2. Staff 2 now does 10% less damage and dazes targets for 1/2 second.3. Enduring recovery: In addition to 25% increased endurance, this trait now removes a condi after a successful dodge roll ( combat only )4. Shield skills now remove conditions by default, Hardening persistence now reduces shield skill recharges by 20% instead of clearing conditions. Shield 4 reworked to a leap to the targeted area it addition to it's current effects with range reduced to 600.5. Dragon elite split between competitive game modes is now damage instead of recharge. It has a 20s recharge in all modes, but does 40% less damage in PvP and 200% more damage in PvE.6. Rework renegade to make it not trash.

These are the sort of changes needed to actually fix revenant rather than just covering up issues with nonsense changes like "10% less auto attack damage" when the main burst combos rely on sword offhand. People dislike being instantly bursted but removing the only shindig rev has without giving anything in return would just kill the class. The only real reason rev is strong right now is because we are in a burst meta thanks partially to how much insane condi clear Scrapper and FB can dish out.

@JayAction.9056 said:Recently there have been a few complaints on Rev specifically Rev damage.

First, I would like to point out that rev still has the LOWEST power damage and LOWEST power burst of ALL classes in a PVE environment. Yet, with that being the case rev still has pvp specific damage and CD nerfs to even further lower this damage.

Second, there are very few Revs that are playing consistently at high skill rating. If you are going to call something out for being OP pertaining to Rev you might as well from now on just say “XXX out skilled me and I want him nerfed.”

As we all know rev has the MOST EXPLOITABLE weaknesses of all classes. It’s quite easy to win against rev just by playing a certain way or a certain spec.

So for the sake of keeping things short; maybe from now on don’t call out rev. Call out the specific rev that farmed you, and state why this specific person is OP. No need to cry against Rev insert laughing emoji.

o man i didnt realize this was a bad ass necro :o

@reddie.5861 said:

@JayAction.9056 said:Recently there have been a few complaints on Rev specifically Rev damage.

First, I would like to point out that rev still has the LOWEST power damage and LOWEST power burst of ALL classes in a PVE environment. Yet, with that being the case rev still has pvp specific damage and CD nerfs to even further lower this damage.

Second, there are very few Revs that are playing consistently at high skill rating. If you are going to call something out for being OP pertaining to Rev you might as well from now on just say “XXX out skilled me and I want him nerfed.”

As we all know rev has the MOST EXPLOITABLE weaknesses of all classes. It’s quite easy to win against rev just by playing a certain way or a certain spec.

So for the sake of keeping things short; maybe from now on don’t call out rev. Call out the specific rev that farmed you, and state why this specific person is OP. No need to cry against Rev
insert laughing emoji

o man i didnt realize this was a bad kitten necro :o

lol I just noticed!

@JayAction.9056 said:

@Solori.6025 said:...Does Jay even play anymore? Lol

Yeah, I still play, but my new sports car takes up most of my free time at the moment

Also, tired of being firmly top 10 and having some random not even in top 250 argue with me over how to play the game lol.

Dunning Kruger is rampant in this game and on the forums.

PSA: Literally none of the Revs in the game playing are even mediocre imo so if any of you are crying over Rev at this point ... Yikes

I might as well not start farming people again. Don’t want anymore random -10% auto attack nerfs lnfao

Wait, it's SO WEIRD

I had this NOTIFICATION from you.

About how you had something to say, about me and Onarock dunking on your DK+Pala with PWar+DPriest during WotLK.

And now it's gone somehow.

It's a wonder.

A mystery.

Just what happened.

To your post.

Did you hurt yourself In confusion?

• 1 month later...

There isn't really much skill in GW2 at large, but undead-rogue-motif can indeed teleport onto a target from off-screen, and doing so to a target without any panic buttons will probably result in a kill. Oh lawd, I just saw the OP timestamp for this thread. Please seek help.

i think its hilarious u kids talking shit about jay. u wouldnt say this shit to him at lan, hes jacked. not only that but he wears the freshest clothes, eats at the chillest restaurants, has a brand new sports car, makes more money irl than you and hangs out with the hottest dudes. yall are pathetic lol

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

@Falan.1839 said:Only 6/10 Revs from the 2 mAT winning teams of both regions, I think we can do better than that.

@arenanet Maybe reduce Glint Heal to 20s CD or give Ventari more Knockbacks. Could also sneak a few more dmg reducers into Retri Traitline or Dwarf Stance.

Your forum avatar is misleading, you're clearly a necro main. 2018 thread back to life just like that, holy cow.

@Bazsi.2734 said:

@Falan.1839 said:Only 6/10 Revs from the 2 mAT winning teams of both regions, I think we can do better than that.

@arenanet Maybe reduce Glint Heal to 20s CD or give Ventari more Knockbacks. Could also sneak a few more dmg reducers into Retri Traitline or Dwarf Stance.

Your forum avatar is misleading, you're clearly a necro main. 2018 thread back to life just like that, holy cow.

Yeah, but this thread is a famous GW2 meme.

It is appropriate.

Almost like this quote "Rev is a class that's favored more by the best players, and the best players tend to win" - Ben or CMC, lol no one else even talks to us

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

Yeah, but this thread is a famous GW2 meme.

It is appropriate.

Almost like this quote "Rev is a class that's favored more by the best players, and the best players tend to win" - Ben or CMC, lol no one else even talks to us

@Falan.1839 said:As Crab Fear said, this thread is a meme that never gets old.

Imagine a finisher that can only be used when you are playing rev. And when you use this finisher, a picture of CMC's face rises up from the downed player with a quote under it that says "Rev is a class favored by the best players, and the best players tend to win"

I would pay upwards of 20,000 gems for this, and start maining revenant.

@"JayAction.9056" said:Recently there have been a few complaints on Rev specifically Rev damage.

So for the sake of keeping things short; maybe from now on don’t call out rev. Call out the specific rev that farmed you, and state why this specific person is OP. No need to cry against Rev insert laughing emoji.

I'm sure the MAT's Ventari Rev bunker sitting on a node for 1 min on such low HP is "outskilling" other top-tier DPS class players. Yep...