Anyone else feel like overloading does more damage than it used to?

archmagus.7249

I was playing for the first time post patch and I overloaded. I was just above 25% health when the initial damage packet hit, and it hit me for most of what I had left and I was downed by the DoT component. As part of their "Making overloading more dangerous" thing does the overload initial damage now scale with your maximum health? I can't account for the DoT because I was downed. I was in full marauders with durability runes.

PBM still shows the overload damage being directed to enemies as your base health, though.

@"archmagus.7249" said:I was playing for the first time post patch and I overloaded. I was just above 25% health when the initial damage packet hit, and it hit me for most of what I had left and I was downed by the DoT component. As part of their "Making overloading more dangerous" thing does the overload initial damage now scale with your maximum health? I can't account for the DoT because I was downed. I was in full marauders with durability runes.

PBM still shows the overload damage being directed to enemies as your base health, though.

Overheating without PBM should do close to half your health. With PBM, it should only be about a quarter.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@"archmagus.7249" said:I was playing for the first time post patch and I overloaded. I was just above 25% health when the initial damage packet hit, and it hit me for most of what I had left and I was downed by the DoT component. As part of their "Making overloading more dangerous" thing does the overload initial damage now scale with your maximum health? I can't account for the DoT because I was downed. I was in full marauders with durability runes.

Overheating without PBM should do close to half your health. With PBM, it should only be about a quarter.

Well, yeah. But I've been under the impression that the damage done is based on your base vitality, not your current vitality (what your vitality is after gear and buffs). So an engineer with no extra points in vitality would take a full half of their health from overloading without pbm, but one with a lot of extra points of vitality, and/or straight up health bonuses might only take 40% (or so) of their health from overloading without pbm.

@archmagus.7249 said:

@archmagus.7249 said:I was playing for the first time post patch and I overloaded. I was just above 25% health when the initial damage packet hit, and it hit me for most of what I had left and I was downed by the DoT component. As part of their "Making overloading more dangerous" thing does the overload initial damage now scale with your maximum health? I can't account for the DoT because I was downed. I was in full marauders with durability runes.

Well, yeah. But I've been under the impression that the damage done is based on your base vitality, not your current vitality (what your vitality is after gear and buffs). So an engineer with no extra points in vitality would take a full half of their health from overloading without pbm, but one with a lot of extra points of vitality, and/or straight up health bonuses might only take 40% (or so) of their health from overloading without pbm.

Nope. It's always been relative as long as I can remember.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

which is still way too much. lowest dps and sacrifice 1/4 of your health. just why?it was sold as a risky glasscannon but its just a risky wet noodle AGAIN. was like this at the start of pof aswell. Why is overheating SOOO punishing when the spec is so not rewarding in the first place.The devs should really get forced to play engi in raids/fractal cms without a dev sign. Really want them to experience the super dull new rotation, failed sword design as a whole because there isn't a proper offhand to support it and its basically just auto attacking with pressing instant toolbelts off cooldown.And you will even get outdamaged by decent banner warriors all the time. Some raid commanders will seriously insist on swapping when playing engi. Probably wont be able to even join decent fractal cm groups as engi anymore.

@Nephalem.8921 said:

which is still way too much. lowest dps and sacrifice 1/4 of your health. just why?it was sold as a risky glasscannon but its just a risky wet noodle AGAIN. was like this at the start of pof aswell. Why is overheating SOOO punishing when the spec is so not rewarding in the first place.The devs should really get forced to play engi in raids/fractal cms without a dev sign. Really want them to experience the super dull new rotation, failed sword design as a whole because there isn't a proper offhand to support it and its basically just auto attacking with pressing instant toolbelts off cooldown.And you will even get outdamaged by decent banner warriors all the time. Some raid commanders will seriously insist on swapping when playing engi. Probably wont be able to even join decent fractal cm groups as engi anymore.

Welcome to engineer, where we were forced to play the same build for 3-4 years before and after HoT dropped. Scrapper has never been useful in high-end PvE content. They just took a dump on holo now too.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

Welcome to engineer, where we were forced to play the same build for 3-4 years before and after HoT dropped. Scrapper has never been useful in high-end PvE content. They just took a dump on holo now too.

I'm still salty because of the bomb nerf. Sword was doing not enough dmg? Better nerf bombs while the bomb build was slightly underperforming compared to other stuff already.