How do you do world boss rush?

It is a community based goal based on the number of bosses killed. So if you participate in at least one boss kill for each tier you should get the rewards.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World_Boss_Rush#Community_Goal

Throughout the event, a progress bar will track the progress of the Community Goals. The tracker updates in 15-minute intervals, increasing as more of the above World Bosses are slain.

Community Goal progress and rewards will only appear when the character enters the maps that are part of the World Boss Rush as well as the six cities. The Community Goal progress and rewards won't appear in instances such as Guild Halls, Mistlock Sanctuary, and the Lion's Arch Aerodrome.

Players will receive rewards for each tier they participate in.

What we know:They are 5 tiers (progression bars), with an unknown fixed number of world bosses to kill. Once it's reached, you receive the associated tier reward ONCE by in-game MAILBOX. So only 1*50 diffluorite crystal as example, the final reward is a tonic transforming yourself into a world boss chest, so different of meta-event rush where it was a regular pirate chest tonic.To be elligible, doing one chain of event + the associated world boss should be sufficient. Once tier 5, well no more tier rewards, but you can still loot bonus box of loot.

It's the second time that event occurs:1st time: 1 box per boss defeatedThis time: 1 from boss + ? From events

Okay thanks for that, im a little concerned about how long we have to do this. You guys said it wasnt up long, i can only play evenings and missed the mystic forge thing when it came out. Is the event not ongoing for a week? Cause i imagine half the players will be at work if its only done mid afternoon or something.

@"JustTrogdor.7892" said:That is what their blog post says as well. So maybe it is an error in communication from Anet staff?

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/world-boss-rush-returns-july-16/

Taking down world bosses will progress the overall community goal. You’ll receive rewards for each tier you participate in.

Yeah, maybe they changed it this time; which would be unfortunate for all those who can only play on weekends, etc.

@Tiviana.2650 said:Okay thanks for that, im a little concerned about how long we have to do this. You guys said it wasnt up long, i can only play evenings and missed the mystic forge thing when it came out. Is the event not ongoing for a week? Cause i imagine half the players will be at work if its only done mid afternoon or something.

It lasts a week and appears to be set up to repeat through the year

You don’t have to constantly login - you can just do a boss here and there as your contribution

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Tiviana.2650 said:Okay thanks for that, im a little concerned about how long we have to do this. You guys said it wasnt up long, i can only play evenings and missed the mystic forge thing when it came out. Is the event not ongoing for a week? Cause i imagine half the players will be at work if its only done mid afternoon or something.

You don’t have to constantly login - you can just do a boss here and there as your contribution

So there is no order to what bosses you kill? Okay ty.

@Tiviana.2650 said:

So there is no order to what bosses you kill? Okay ty.

I never saw one before no. You do get an event tooltip in your UI saying what’s next but that’s a directional guide for new players not a rigid guide to follow.

Do whatever bosses you want

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:I'm not sure that's accurate. Last 'community goal' all one needed to do was participate in any one tier to receive all the rewards the community earned.

That looks probable this time as well.

On one account this morning I participated in my first boss rush event. That was at tier 4 (Behemoth - easiest level of boss with 1 box reward). A few minutes I received the tier rewards for tiers 1, 2 and 3. Presumably I'll also receive the reward for tier 4 in due course. Tier 5 isn't so obvious.

(This wasn't an isolated event; on a second account I started doing the runs during tier 3, and got the tier 1 and 2 rewards shortly afterwards. Tier 3 turned up later in the day - presumably when it was completed.)

@Danikat.8537 said:Do you get rewards for tiers completed AFTER you joined in?

I'll find out myself on Monday (next time I can log in), but if anyone already knows that would be helpful.

I've seen a few folks confirm that in map chat, but that isn't exactly evidence. I've killed a few bosses during each tier so I can't speak to it myself.

I would be surprised though if they changed things from how it went last event; it isn't as if the tier rewards are epic or anything, and killing a giant jungle worm next to 100 other players is hardly a chore lol.