why do YOU stow your weapons after a fight?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@bravan.3876 said:

@bravan.3876 said:If you don't random perma jumpdodge in addition you are not half as pro as you think and never play warrior then!

Do it with thief. Dodgejumpbound for extra acrobatic skillz!

:joy: but isn't that visually ineffective on bound and dash?

Naah, with Dash you have a little jump at the beginning. I... think not for the whole length though. Can't quite remember, can't test ist right now.

With Bound you just jump a little higher. It looks awesome!^^

@Megametzler.5729 said:

@bravan.3876 said:If you don't random perma jumpdodge in addition you are not half as pro as you think and never play warrior then!

Do it with thief. Dodgejumpbound for extra acrobatic skillz!

:joy: but isn't that visually ineffective on bound and dash?

Naah, with Dash you have a little jump at the beginning. I... think not for the whole length though. Can't quite remember, can't test ist right now.

With Bound you just jump a little higher. It looks awesome!^^

Never noticed that! I will closely look at this next time i play thief and abuse it from now on!

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@alain.1659 said:I do it as a sign of respect after a really good duel with my opponent. I tend to bow afterwards too. Dojo discipline I guess. Never thought it as an insult until now.

I used to /bow after good fights, however the toxicity of PvP made people think I was doing it as an insult...so I started /salute

Yeah you're better off with /salute... /bow usually means you are ready to duel or asking to engage in one.

You move faster with your weapons stowed last I checked. Hell there are times where I am kiting on Necro I try to stow after a cast mid combat. I don't mean any BM ever, at least not seriously or out of malice. I do apologize to anyone who thinks I have jumped on their corpse. I have a bad habit of bunny hopping in every single game, even to my own detriment and there are times I forget.

I draw weapons before and stow them after a fight (or if I am trying to retreat)—always!I do not really know, why I do so. Maybe it is a habit from other games. But for me it is mainly for aesthetics. And I love the different running animations per race and gender of GW2 :heart: (Except for the still broken running animation on Human females :disappointed: )

@Zephyra.4709 said:

@alain.1659 said:I do it as a sign of respect after a really good duel with my opponent. I tend to bow afterwards too. Dojo discipline I guess. Never thought it as an insult until now.

I used to /bow after good fights, however the toxicity of PvP made people think I was doing it as an insult...so I started /salute

Yeah you're better off with /salute... /bow usually means you are ready to duel or asking to engage in one.

I used to duel...a lot...so that much I knew. When people started to see /bow as a bm gesture (as in haha I won, come at me bro) i had to change it up as i am rarely like that.

• 8 months later...

I have to have my hands free to fist bump my buddies after ganking da baddies. x) Sorry, I know it's borderline archaeo-posting hehe but I can't believe I "missed" this thread when it was originally posted. I thought I was the only one who sheathed my weapon after each encounter, either for RP reasons (have always been into RP) or because I have OCD, I can't decide which. =)