[Cosplay] Gods of Tyria descend to the Gamescom

Bantay.9083

We are a group of cosplayers that are planning to cosplay the Gods of Tyria for the upcoming Gamescom in Cologne, Germany. We will post our progress and pics at the Gamescom in this thread . I hope you guys will like it. Feel free to ask questions.

@Linken.6345 said:

@"Trise.2865" said:At the risk of sounding prudish, do you think that Melandru's "exposure" might raise issues?

What exposure the tummy and spine?Never seen what cosplayers wear sometime have you?

I mean Melandru's wooden nipple; her left boob. But those words are censored, as you should see. It's obviously not real and part of the costume, but may still catch attention from security, and net the cosplayer an infraction up to and including ejection.

Edit: Huh... I guess you can say "boob". Noted.

@Trise.2865 said:

@Trise.2865 said:At the risk of sounding prudish, do you think that Melandru's "exposure" might raise issues?

What exposure the tummy and spine?Never seen what cosplayers wear sometime have you?

I mean Melandru's wooden kitten; her left boob. But those words are censored, as you should see. It's obviously not real and part of the costume, but may still catch attention from security, and net the cosplayer an infraction up to and including ejection.

Edit: Huh... I guess you can say "boob". Noted.

If you watch the picture you will see its not the cosplayers boob that will be on display so, security or anyone else shouldent have a problem with it.

Haha the nipplegate. I don't know If it will raise issues. To be honest, I'm quite curious about it. At the moment the boob (wich is out of foam. The whole costume's going to cover my whole body) is exposured, BUT I can always cover it with moss, if problems occur. :) I wanted to be as close as possible to the artwork. (And germany is quite chill, as long as I don't run completly naked down the alley)

Btw this was the most fun and weird part while modelling...

I was at a music festival in the UK not too long ago where they had to remind people to wear clothes in the arena. Not specific kinds of clothes, or amount of coverage - literally just asking people not to walk around naked. Then followed this up by saying there are no rules about clothing in the campsite so you can do what you like there. I'd be surprised if anyone is offended by a marking on the costume which resembles something that might be underneath it. (Forum filters won't let me say it clearly.) But if necessary I'm sure someone will have some tape or glue to put a leaf over it. :)

At conventions I've been to the only checks they do on cosplay outfits are to make sure the weapons aren't real and there's nothing which isn't permitted at the con hidden inside. And occasionally asking how on earth the person is able to move around in that and how long it took to put it together. =)

I'm really looking forward to seeing some group photos when this is all done. :) I don't do cosplay myself (although my husband is trying to talk me into it) but it's one of my favourite parts of conventions. It's like the most random trivia quiz imaginable combined with an arts and crafts showcase, I think I could literally spend all day looking at people's costumes. (Except I can't because there's so much else to see too.)

@"Bantay.9083" said:I'm going to cosplay Dhumm and here's a progress pic of the helmet. There's still a lot to add but i'm satisfied of the basic shape of the frontal hornshttps://i.imgur.com/7dHwAOK.jpg

If you are gonna go full on cosplay you're gonna need to walk as him too, good luck to your legs and back for that one. ;)

But great job so far !

• 2 weeks later...