scrapper vs holo wvw and spvp

PierPiero.9142

I liked the modification of holo carried by last patch. It makes imho holo more interesting becouse you have the best benefit to arrive near the heat cap but not to it. I find it a good "nerf" becouse it makes holo a little bit more interesting to play. What do you think ? Other question. For spvp and wvw . Scrapper and holo has been changed. Scrapper has been changed a lot more than holo. Do you like new scrapper ? How do you see and build scrapper and holo in wvw( roaming) / spvp ? New meta ? Is there nothing good new for core engi instead ?

So far nothing "new" that is good has surfaced.
On Holosmith the changes are not very much "build making" ones, on Scrapper they are more "build breaking", the barrier gain on damage has a slight potential for making some type of build (for roaming, no organized wvw potential there, at all), so you can either go full glass cannon, but so far it hasn't been good enough, and condi is out of the picture with the change.
I honestly didn't like the changes on scrapper, I liked the previous focus, some trimming there would have been infinitely better, rather than to yet again change the purpose of the spec.
On holosmith I think the changes are okay, they should just change Photonic Blasting Module to make it not disable your toolbelt skills. The changes don't affect wvw/spvp builds too much, you shouldn't be overheating there in the first place, so this just reinforces it.
If you wanna play roaming, I'm having a blast with the hybrid holo build that's on metabattle, and you can adjust it to your style pretty easily. It feels like old core engi too, so that's a plus.

sPvP Scrapper is very bad. This -300 vitality is so bad, and I'm almost always in stun so i can't build up the barrier. The lack of healing from swiftness and superspeed doesn't help either. If I go more dmg then i will be in range of one shot builds. If I go more bunkier, then the amount of barrier from dmg will be pathetic. Maybe healing is the way to go?? I have no Idea.the WvW healing Scrapper is fine, no idea if the dmg version is any good

@PierPiero.9142 said:

• what is good wvw scrapper for ?

In zergs/groups:Almost 100% AoE superspeed uptimeSmoke-field + 3 blastsHigh AoE cleanse rates/bursts (typically enough for 15 against enemy-zergs scourge spam)Conditions are converted to boons → constant upkeep of all kinds of boons during fightsOutgoing heal still higher than fb's.

 In guild-Setups it's still essential to bring enough scrappers.

Power-scrapper (explosives/firearms, shredder/blast/mortar) is also pretty fun and is easily top-dmg in publics.

WvW is kind of sad for me at the moment, at least for solo roaming. My barrier gets penetrated by a Camp Supervisor in a single hit, that is the barrier from the Bulwark Gyro. When I meet any other player, I just /sit and go to the bathroom. At least they a get a free kill for their self-esteem. Impact Savant sounds funny in theory, but the barrier you gain in 1vX is so horribly low, you cannot even reduce auto-attacks of a single person really. The -3k HP make me a 2-hit for some classes. Getting hit by a ballista is almost instant-kill. The time it takes to consume my heal-skill is in most cases too long, I die before it triggers - looking at AED in particular. I removed AED from my skillbar and went for my PvE build now. The effect is almost the same, but at least I do good against NPCs.

When I meet another Scrapper in the field, I pretend to fight but I just mash a few buttons. It does not matter, my fate is sealed. But at least he feels a little powerful. The next enemy he encounters will stomp him for sure, but it is something to cheer up I guess.

Two positive things I have noticed, which are 100 % community:

• My fellow players in WvW are actually helpful and tend to assist more often than usual. They resurrect more often and "guard" me. Which is sort of ironic, because we are considered a TANK at the moment. Last time I was guarded by a Ranger. sob
  • Even my enemies feel sorry. I got recently pmed by a player from the other server, who advised me to go for a certain camp which is not protected. Because I kept dying for 6-7 times straight. For WvW community, this is just AMAZING.

I don't really know what to do with WvW at the moment. I need to farm PIPs for a legendary armor. Raiding is not an option, same for sPvP. So I guess I have to stick to that. Currently building up a warrior with a hammer build, designed for PvE. But warrior is so good at everything, I maybe just play that char to collect my PIPs then. They also complain that they are always too weak, but even during our peak-time-period, we never reached Warrior levels. During core swap, picking up a Warrior spirit felt like a 50 % boost on everything XD.

I am happy that Scrapper is still a thing for group play and Superspeed is actually considered useful somehow.