Preparations could have been zerg busters

Straegen.2938

To me the current preparations are mostly awkward traps with longer setup intervals and ultimately a gimmick. What they could have been though is a series of skills centered around counter zerg abilities. It even makes sense in the context of the class in the game.

Imagine stealthing up, dropping a preparation in the path of a zerg, then popping a massive boon strip preparation. Stealthing into the backlines to drop a knockdown prep that ignores stab or is a big damager with a large player cap. A few thieves could disrupt large zergs for some very interesting counter play.

The utility is fine and my success rate with them is fine, it's not even a bad cooldown or anything. My trajectory in a fight to set things up doesn't just isn't working out with how I need to move. I'll find reasons to use them here and there but right now their sitting there with a lot of other unused utilities.

The problem with Preparations are the fact that they require pinpoint execution in order to function.

It is possible to miss them entirely if yu aren't around to gauge them.

I still think Preps should have a active trigger radius for more area, less effect, and trap trigger area for more effect and less area.