One-hit dismount without knockdown penalty

Tao.5096

As the title says, can we have that during player engage?EotM is dead and now roaming has been limited so heavily it's like there is no point in playing wvw.You can't snipe people from sides of the zerg or back of the zerg,And don't give me that, just deal enough damage, because if you don't dismount them on first hit, then you won't do that anymore since they will jump-evade until out of range...

I understand the hype for pof and mounts, but catering for this meanwhile stabbing leggs of roamers is stupid.And roamers are actually the people who the most often flip lands, camps, monuments, towers and guard them while engaging with other roamers and/or small groups...

What's the idea of forcing people to run in groups or raids by reducing the fight engage by over 60% for roaming...

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Eotm is dead" - - - youre 2 years late, at least"you cant snipe people in zergs from sides" - - they fight dismounted

All this isnt really a QQ about roaming. It is about being unable to gank zerglings running back to the zerg (they couldnt really out up much resistance, being on zerg builds) or the hapless pve fools who were running around in eotm and died faster than the mosquiro npc. Honestly, where is even the remotest semblance of fun in killing people over and over when they cant even fight back? "Roaming has been limited so heavily" NO it hasnt. People run in small groups of 2-3, in roam builds, where you probably cant oneshot gank them like youre used to.

One hit dismount is coming, at least is what a post from 3 months ago announced, Warclaw is broken since it was implemented meanwhile the roaming community is shrinking each day.

But hey, people who like to play with 10s skill lag @15 fps at minimum settings and k-trainers are happy because they avoid any PvP in a open world PvP map.

It will come eventually, when Alliance system is ready or when CU releases or when they balance classes properly...idk

@"Voltekka.2375" said:"Eotm is dead" - - - youre 2 years late, at least"you cant snipe people in zergs from sides" - - they fight dismounted

All this isnt really a QQ about roaming. It is about being unable to gank zerglings running back to the zerg (they couldnt really out up much resistance, being on zerg builds) or the hapless pve fools who were running around in eotm and died faster than the mosquiro npc. Honestly, where is even the remotest semblance of fun in killing people over and over when they cant even fight back? "Roaming has been limited so heavily" NO it hasnt. People run in small groups of 2-3, in roam builds, where you probably cant oneshot gank them like youre used to.

Fucking bullocks mate, ive seen people run from 1v1 a million time since mount release and tried to asks 'why'Mostly they respond with 'youll kill me' or my favoriete 'im not equiped to fight players'

Basicly they want to run around unpunnished and in the middle of their comfort zone in pvp environment and the mounts Let Them do that.

But Lets say you are right, and there's roaming to do. Ive been in countless roaming guilds Both EU (SLAP, QQ and NNJA for example) and NA (SNKY, YUM, ROLL for example)and all those guilds have a big thing in common,They have seen their glorydays and sometimes a few people logging in to play for a few days to find themselves in the following:

1. They bored of easyness of pof specs and easy to pull off rezzes by scourge and firebrand
  2. They bored of lazy player attitude, picking those classes, and holding on to IT 'otherwise IT makes the game unplayable'
  3. They annoyed by the fact they Can pull off equal numbered fights or decent fights in general, by mounts

Most of those guilds died, or have seen the glorydays and to be fair; the game is rather old that IT was inevitable to see a few people goThe people whom i talked with are rather bored and the 2-3 man squads you talk about here are always in the same settings and running only the 'currently strongest', on top of that they rather pick fights with stragglers then even numbers

Edit: some of the guilds roam havock outsider their raid Times, like ROLL, im talking about that havock...not the raids

@L A T I O N.8923 said:

@"Voltekka.2375" said:"Eotm is dead" - - - youre 2 years late, at least"you cant snipe people in zergs from sides" - - they fight dismounted

kitten bullocks mate, ive seen people run from 1v1 a million time since mount release and tried to asks 'why'Mostly they respond with 'youll kill me' or my favoriete 'im not equiped to fight players'

Basicly they want to run around unpunnished and in the middle of their comfort zone in pvp environment and the mounts Let Them do that.

But Lets say you are right, and there's roaming to do. Ive been in countless roaming guilds Both EU (SLAP, QQ and NNJA for example) and NA (SNKY, YUM, ROLL for example)and all those guilds have a big thing in common,They have seen their glorydays and sometimes a few people logging in to play for a few days to find themselves in the following:
  1. They bored of easyness of pof specs and easy to pull off rezzes by scourge and firebrand
  2. They bored of lazy player attitude as mentioned before
  3. They annoyed by the fact they Can pull off equal numbered fights or decent fights in general

Most of those guilds died, or have seen the glorydays and to be fair; the game is rather old that IT was inevitable to see a few people goThe people whom i talked with are rather bored and the 2-3 man squads you talk about here are always in the same settings and running only the 'currently strongest', on top of that they rather pick fights with stragglers then even numbers

Edit: some of the guilds roam havock outsider their raid Times, like ROLL, im talking about that havock...not the raids

I hate to break it to you, bud, but not everyone is interested in 1v1. Mount or no mount.

It's not a QQ, but sure?What is the meaning of ganking then?Do you seriously want to hide inability to understand the basic of the basic that the moment you are out of the protected zone i.e. spawn area, you are bound to be attacked at any moment from any angle?Someone does run to zerg? Why do I care? That's PvP zone man. As long as you don't use macros (like many mesmers) or any cheats, then gl&hf.

Wait, what do you mean by "sembalance of fun in killing people over and over when they can't even fight back?".This is PvP, if they don't like PvP they can leave, no?Or once again, and again, and again we are going to carebear people because they like and feel comfy in their "choo-choo", but without it, they should be invulnerable. xD

Yes, roaming has been limited heavily. Running solo is pointless, because either you play a power bomb build that will dismount in single shot, or forget about 90% of encounters because those will escape.So, you want now to tell people how to roam? New design? Hafta play now with 2-3 people or no roaming for ya! - sarcasm, but I guess you get the point.Roaming also isn't about oneshoting and ganking...

And to be precise, roamers are the biggest contributors to diversity of builds in GW2 - they always were.But let's butcher it, no?

@Tao.5096 said:

It's not a QQ, but sure?What is the meaning of ganking then?Do you seriously want to hide inability to understand the basic of the basic that the moment you are out of the protected zone i.e. spawn area, you are bound to be attacked at any moment from any angle?Someone does run to zerg? Why do I care? That's PvP zone man. As long as you don't use macros (like many mesmers) or any cheats, then gl&hf.

Wait, what do you mean by "sembalance of fun in killing people over and over when they can't even fight back?".This is PvP, if they don't like PvP they can leave, no?Or once again, and again, and again we are going to carebear people because they like and feel comfy in their "choo-choo", but without it, they should be invulnerable. xD

Yes, roaming has been limited heavily. Running solo is pointless, because either you play a power bomb build that will dismount in single shot, or forget about 90% of encounters because those will escape.So, you want now to tell people how to roam? New design? Hafta play now with 2-3 people or no roaming for ya! - sarcasm, but I guess you get the point.Roaming also isn't about oneshoting and ganking...

And to be precise, roamers are the biggest contributors to diversity of builds in GW2 - they always were.But let's butcher it, no?

People hate being ganked by oneshot or cheese builds, my god what is this! They SHOULD like to play however YOU like to play! "please Mr cheese build who avoids other cheese builds, kill me over and over cause apparently this is what i am supposed to do!". No, buddy. I dont tell anyone how to roam, I simply watch how people roam these days. Most groups have a babysitter scrapper/FB, there is your carebear. No, people choose to play however they want to play. I am on a zerg build and run back to zerg? Yes, I will avoid you. Can you kill me? Yes, that is acceptable, too. You dont? Boohoo. But dont for a minute try to impose that I HAVE to fight you for whatever ego that needs stroking.Lastly, for what its worth, you were an advocate for buffing condi mesmer, in all modes. Of all classes, condi mesmer. That speaks volumes.Either adapt, like most did, or dont. Its your game, after all. As it is mine.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

But dont for a minute try to impose that I HAVE to fight you for whatever ego that needs stroking.

Yes, I am imposing that you have to fight me when I decide to, because it's a world vs world, an open pvp zone.If you dislike that, then call your peeps to grab your princess chair back to your zerg I guess?I play for fun, not some ego stuffie that you have flagged me with, but spare me the salt pretty please?

Lastly, for what its worth, you were an advocate for buffing condi mesmer, in all modes. Of all classes, condi mesmer. That speaks volumes.

Of course?Called for nerf numerous times. Since it does not work, then just buff them to no end.Why would I care any longer what that class will do anymore, since they buff it no matter the feedback, but couple of whiners about Necro's skill or whatever else get's nerfed week after?Speaks volumes indeed.

Either adapt, like most did, or dont. Its your game, after all. As it is mine.

yep, adapt to who?It's always adapt to PvErs...PvP had to adapt to them, look at it's state.WvW has to adapt to them, and look at the state of it.Man, I saw every change this game had in all 3 modes since this game's release.Adapting means, accept the cancer and live with (however long you have left). xD

@Tao.5096 said:

But dont for a minute try to impose that I HAVE to fight you for whatever ego that needs stroking.

Yes, I am imposing that you have to fight me when I decide to, because it's a world vs world, an open pvp zone.If you dislike that, then call your peeps to grab your princess chair back to your zerg I guess?I play for fun, not some ego stuffie that you have flagged me with, but spare me the salt pretty please?

Lastly, for what its worth, you were an advocate for buffing condi mesmer, in all modes. Of all classes, condi mesmer. That speaks volumes.

Of course?Called for nerf numerous times. Since it does not work, then just buff them to no end.Why would I care any longer what that class will do anymore, since they buff it no matter the feedback, but couple of whiners about Necro's skill or whatever else get's nerfed week after?Speaks volumes indeed.

Either adapt, like most did, or dont. Its your game, after all. As it is mine.

yep, adapt to who?It's always adapt to PvErs...PvP had to adapt to them, look at it's state.WvW has to adapt to them, and look at the state of it.Man, I saw every change this game had in all 3 modes since this game's release.Adapting means, accept the cancer and live with (however long you have left). xD

ZERO sense, childish arguments, even more childish phrases. Mounts are here, they will stay. PoF is here, it will stay. QQ all you want. Like it or dont. Play or dont play. If mounts catered to pvers, we would have queues all over the place, which would be teeming with new players. Surprise! We dont. Its about skins and money. Wvw always has been neglected. And wvwers detest change (any change) more than a vampire hates light or garlic. And I have seen this countless times, as well.

@"Voltekka.2375" said:ZERO sense, childish arguments, even more childish phrases. Mounts are here, they will stay. PoF is here, it will stay. QQ all you want. Like it or dont. Play or dont play. If mounts catered to pvers, we would have queues all over the place, which would be teeming with new players. Surprise! We dont. Its about skins and money. Wvw always has been neglected. And wvwers detest change (any change) more than a vampire hates light or garlic. And I have seen this countless times, as well.

Well, I get that all you have left is to repeat the "QQ" argument again, because no cards left, but at least stop writing stuff I never said here.I didn't say to remove the mounts to begin with.So, if you have to go back and moan with your imagination about what I wrote, then please don't write.Thank you

WvW isn't built around roaming, it's built around large group play. Instead of one-hit dismount with no knockdown penalty, it should come with a heavy knockdown penalty (one that will likely kill the person attempting to dismount the other player), if the dismount is missed.

All this is about anyway is being unable to gank players running back to their group, nothing less, nothing more. The game is a lot better currently since this behavior has been crippled.

There is only 1 group (less than 5 players) I've actually seen since the induction of mounts that have actually "roamed" and flipped camps and towers instead of just trying to gank other players. In fact, they often won't even bother you unless you jump off the mounts to engage them. Why can't these "roamers" actually do this instead? Fight people who "want" to engage, and actually make themselves useful by flipping other stuff.

@"DeadlySynz.3471" said:WvW isn't built around roaming, it's built around large group play. Instead of one-hit dismount with no knockdown penalty, it should come with a heavy knockdown penalty (one that will likely kill the person attempting to dismount the other player), if the dismount is missed.

All this is about anyway is being unable to gank players running back to their group, nothing less, nothing more. The game is a lot better currently since this behavior has been crippled.

There is only 1 group (less than 5 players) I've actually seen since the induction of mounts that have actually "roamed" and flipped camps and towers instead of just trying to gank other players. In fact, they often won't even bother you unless you jump off the mounts to engage them. Why can't these "roamers" actually do this instead? Fight people who "want" to engage, and actually make themselves useful by flipping other stuff.

Who would've thought that you can save a PvP mode by removing PvP ?=)

@"DeadlySynz.3471" said:WvW isn't built around roaming, it's built around large group play. Instead of one-hit dismount with no knockdown penalty, it should come with a heavy knockdown penalty (one that will likely kill the person attempting to dismount the other player), if the dismount is missed.

WvW is a tower defense game based on. Strategy and relayed focus, if you fought a war in reallife you would focus your troops on doing different stuff...same goes for WvW. You can clutch up all your players on one spot or Let Them do their own thing

The last one only happens on a few servers still and that's why they mainly higher tier servers...on Both na and eu

Can i please run through your zerk to that camp i want to flip? Ill LEAVE you Aline when you getting back to that

I been roaming solo before Warclaw, i roam solo after Warclaw. Makes no odds to me but there is certainly a lack of fights and/or evenly matched fights since the Warclaw came into WvW. But every post like this always comes back to people seeming to think that it's all about 'ganking zerglings' - sorry, you're quite wrong by quite a long way...

If i come across a single player, i'll dismount and give 'em a chance to engage me if they so wish (I run Core War, i've no chance of dismounting them). If not, then i carry on my merry way to flip a Camp or be a pain by contesting a WP. I won't dismount if i see 3+ people coming at me simply because it's not a fight i'm likely to win and where's the fun in being ROFLstomped into the floor and having siege thrown on my body in disrespect and/or honour, depending on your view.

But back to the point at hand, Mounts have stopped 'ganking zerglings' to a point, people have adapted and run condition builds more often because it's the easiest/only way to dismount somebody who doesn't want to fight you for whatever the reason.

OP you are better off waiting for vanilla WoW for a PvP server and battlegrounds. That's true open world pvp experience, this game sadly is not going to make any smart changes for WvW in terms of gameplay design. It's to far catered to snowflakes who want to have the choice of fighting in a warzone by being as safe as possible.

That's like playing Battlefield or call of duty and bitching about players shooting you because you just want to run around.

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:OP you are better off waiting for vanilla WoW for a PvP server and battlegrounds. That's true open world pvp experience, this game sadly is not going to make any smart changes for WvW in terms of gameplay design. It's to far catered to snowflakes who want to have the choice of fighting in a warzone by being as safe as possible.

That's like playing Battlefield or call of duty and kitten about players shooting you because you just want to run around.

^ so much the last paragraph. Why play a pvp mode then complain that u get engaged? Is it because they actually think they should be able to dictate when they get engaged and when they cant cuz that's a odd way to perceive a pvp mode lol

Wrong! A ton of threads when war claw was first added were people saying how they loved warclaw cuz it allowed them to get back to zergs safety and gave them control of when to fight or not fight during their travels between their main camp and their zerg and the position who roamed or hunted down players en route to their zerg got that whole playstyle yanked from them. For the longest time u see mounted players run around d each other knowing that they're relatively safe on their mount lmao that never happened before atleast not nearly as often unless players were just chilling. There used to be a sense of danger/risk in wvw as soon as u left ur main camp and especially when u were in enemy territory but that's gone entirely now due to mounts and it's sad. The addition of mounts really did single handedly make wvw feel like a 50% pve and 50% pvp mode

I read the OP as 'my one shot or instant downing macro from stealth no longer works as people are riding mounts and can escape like i do every time my instant macro fails to kill them to reset the fights. It's not fair others can now reset the fight or just avoid my stealth cheese build', please nerf warclaw so i can knock them off with a tap and kill them with my cheese stealth macro'.I still see plenty of roamers, plenty of stealth cheese - but perhaps these players always kill you so you need easier pickings?