With Shadow Arts getting reworked can we finally get the Marked debuff removed for WvW

BoxHat.1824

Seriously all the traits in SA still synergise primarily with long stealth duration and this just literally makes it impossible for a thief to use stealth to recover and set up advantages in fights. Without a doubt this further pushes Thief into its core s/d build as its only viable build because it is far less reliant on stealth than other builds.

At the very least can the debuff be changed so the period of revealed isn't literally longer than the amount of time im aloud to spend in stealth?

@DemonSeed.3528 said:Just out of curiousity, do you guys feel that 33% dmg reduc from being revealed is justified enough to start fighting back in trap/trick, sentry, watchtower, marked debuff areas? Ot do you guys feel it is still no bueno

Nah still not advisable to fight there if you're build relies on stealth to both survive and do damage. You can't survive because 2 seconds is so little time that the enemy with any sense of situational awareness will still be able to hit you, due to just entering stealth. You can't deal damage either because that same opponent is going to know exactly how much stealth you have, and thus always perfectly time their dodges to avoid your stealth attacks.

If sentries applied a de buff to warriors that disabled all their stances after 2 seconds, do you think warriors would ever fight near sentries?

Marked should prevent stacking stealth. It shouldn’t make singular stealth applications while visible shorter.

Making sure there is only a two second window to hit a stealth attack is awkward.

Melee requires gap closing and even ranged attacks require LoS. All that in only a 2 second window is a huge punishment.

It would be one thing if only sentries worked to mark targets. But there are towers too which makes solo roaming on a stealth class an extremely limited activity when you are already outnumbered in enemy territory.

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:no 1 should be hiding in stealth in definently. even with this debuf you;re still able to get off a sneak attack.

Not against any decent player. 2 seconds is barely enough time to close the gap, any decent player knows this and simply doges after the first second.

@Sobx.1758 said:It doesn't need to be removed and stacking stealth indefinitely shouldn't really be a thing imo.I agree with this, but 2 seconds isn't perma stealthing. Maybe make it 4 or 6 seconds? Prevent perma stealth but still allow thieves to fight near sentries.

@Doug.4930 said:

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:no 1 should be hiding in stealth in definently. even with this debuf you;re still able to get off a sneak attack.

Not against any decent player. 2 seconds is barely enough time to close the gap, any decent player knows this and simply doges after the first second.

@Sobx.1758 said:It doesn't need to be removed and stacking stealth indefinitely shouldn't really be a thing imo.I agree with this, but 2 seconds isn't perma stealthing. Maybe make it 4 or 6 seconds? Prevent perma stealth but still allow thieves to fight near sentries.

No and no.Imo there should be more marked applications from skills, the simple fact DE can remove the revealed debuff is absurd. First and foremost stacking stealth and remove revealed should be removed from this game for the health of competitive modes.

@anduriell.6280 said:

@"Sobx.1758" said:It doesn't need to be removed and stacking stealth indefinitely shouldn't really be a thing imo.I agree with this, but 2 seconds isn't perma stealthing. Maybe make it 4 or 6 seconds? Prevent perma stealth but still allow thieves to fight near sentries.

No and no.Imo there should be more marked applications from skills, the simple fact DE can remove the revealed debuff is absurd. First and foremost stacking stealth and remove revealed should be removed from this game for the health of competitive modes.

Perfectly fine with that, as long as thief is buffed in other ways like blocks etc.

Because according to people on these forums, thief comes around equal 5th in a poll to determine which class is strongest 1v1:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/75966/rank-all-the-classes-for-most-op-wvw-1-vs-1-impromptu-fights-mid-2019-external-poll/p1

So i can hardly imagine how much worse the class would become without adequate compensations for the removal of stealth, which again I would be fine with.

When it comes to Marked removing stealth, that should remain for as long as Stealth can keep someone fully invisible for longer than 2-3 seconds.

Changing the sources of stealth or keeping it from stacking will not do, since reducing the duration of stealth from each skill would make them useless, and keeping them from stacking would not prevent repeatedly using them after leaving stealth.
Tweaking the skills, traits and upgrades that give stealth will not do, because of how stealth works.
So it has to be a full rework from the ground up.

If it ever got a rework addressing its bugs and issues, Marked could lose the ability to reveal since it would no longer be necessary with a fixed Stealth, but the effect of showing enemies on the map should still stay to indicate there's enemies in an area and encourage more PvP and discourage 'sneak from behind and avoid players' tactics.
Anything that increases the chance of fights between players in WvW has to stay. WvW is both PvE and PvP, not just each of them separately.

@Ustaf.2953 said:Without a doubt this further pushes Thief into its core s/d build as its only viable build because it is far less reliant on stealth than other builds.

it only pushes me into staff or s/d build because either i forgot how low dmg was with d/p or maybe because anet decide to nerf AA chain from dagger into the ground.its dmg is so low its insane what u have beside AA as d/p heartseaker? shadowshot? thats it?on the otherhand i dont really understand why d/p dmg is low compare to my S/D i mean if u look at skills it self d/p is on parr with dmg skills or higher then s/d while i feel much better off with s/d cus i see higher numbers and can actually put preasure with d/p i feel like im using a wet noodle people just face tank my crap.