Preparations could have been zerg busters — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Professions Thief

Preparations could have been zerg busters

Straegen.2938Straegen.2938 Member ✭✭✭

To me the current preparations are mostly awkward traps with longer setup intervals and ultimately a gimmick. What they could have been though is a series of skills centered around counter zerg abilities. It even makes sense in the context of the class in the game.

Imagine stealthing up, dropping a preparation in the path of a zerg, then popping a massive boon strip preparation. Stealthing into the backlines to drop a knockdown prep that ignores stab or is a big damager with a large player cap. A few thieves could disrupt large zergs for some very interesting counter play.

Comments

• kash.9213kash.9213 Member ✭✭✭✭

The utility is fine and my success rate with them is fine, it's not even a bad cooldown or anything. My trajectory in a fight to set things up doesn't just isn't working out with how I need to move. I'll find reasons to use them here and there but right now their sitting there with a lot of other unused utilities.

Northern Shiverpeaks [EL] & [SD]

• Keyword Preparations You're meant to prepare for the battle if you use one or access stealth briefly to set them up.

• Safandula.8723Safandula.8723 Member ✭✭✭✭

Preps are fine. This seal ability could be zerg buster but stability happens from time to time(most of the time with firebrands :/)

make prepardness baseline plz

• Yasai.3549Yasai.3549 Member ✭✭✭✭

The problem with Preparations are the fact that they require pinpoint execution in order to function.

It is possible to miss them entirely if yu aren't around to gauge them.

I still think Preps should have a active trigger radius for more area, less effect, and trap trigger area for more effect and less area.

If I play a stupid build, I deserve to die.
    If I beat people on a stupid build, I deserve to get away with it.

• Menyus.4610Menyus.4610 Member ✭✭✭

The preparation which block projectiles and seals enemies in, should be a boon nulifying prep imo, rather then a block projectile one