[PvP Build] Marauder Gyro Scrapper

Profanity.6829

Hello all,

Just wanted to share my build I'm having alot of fun with in ranked. I really like the playstyle of the hammer and Gyros, but never liked the bunker versions of this build, It's just too boring for me :)

Disclaimer:This build isn't really new or anything. It's basically a scrapper with every Gyro slapped on, paired with more aggresive amulet/runes. Works great for me up to (only) Gold T3, so I'm definetely not a pro, and this definately will not be Meta. This has not been tested in platinum, and probably won't work well there, as your key weakness will be abused (no stability/stunbreak). For me this build is alot of fun and effective at current ratings. It's great for dishing out good damage and providing awesome team support at the same time. This build is also very forgiving, as it is pretty straightforwards and it's a bit of faceroll... but it can still die in a CC chain. Results may vary.

Build:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASncoCtpidpCGpCEqilKjKMfKmvScZCgwjetj77G-jJh9gAzXAAn9HAKDI/AAAA(Linking from these forums doesn't work for some reason, so just copy-paste the above string in a new tab)It's basically a aggresive take on the scrapper that's on Metabattle. I traded in the amulet for Marauder (because you need the extra bit of HP to not intantly die in 1 stun). All slots are Gyros which all prodide quickness (see rune). We don't have a kit. Yes, a big loss, but there isn't a single kit I like to play with, and I got something else amazing in return: Shredder Gyro. I cant even start to explain how amazing this thing is... More about this in 'playstyle'. Not only does this build provide really good offense... It does good offensive pressure while at the same time providing amazing support for your team.*Note: gw2skills is not reflecting the many changes to Scrapper yet, but i believe I ticked the right positions (1-1-1), but be sure to check in-game (I can't atm).

Playstyle:You basically whirl and leap throught your fields, and keep doing that ad much as possible while pummeling your target. At some point you will hit all your hammer cooldowns, but once you get to learn the build (lol, it's still kinda faceroll), you learn to rotate your F1's to F5, you have something usefull to press 90% of the time :) I know at first glance most people will think not having a second weapon (kit) set is a no-go, But this build just works fine without, without feeling you need more buttons.

• Good sustain outside of getting CC'd (many barriers, condi removal(conversion), projectile denial, etc.
  • All gyro's provide quickness!
  • Shredder Gyro: your bread and butter of your entire build. By itself it does only '''okay-ish" damage, but you just activate and forget. You can use your other abilities while it's up. But the most important aspect of this is the whirl-finisher, so you combo this as much as possible with the many other fields you have access to.
  • Medic Gyro: Speaks for itself. Good self healing and decent team support with Shredder Gyro and Hammer 2 (healing bolts).
  • Purge Gyro: Speaks for itself. I can facetank scourges by just popping Purge Gyro and combo'ing it with Shedder Gyro for amazing team cleanse, while doing really good pressure on the scourge at the same time.
  • Bulwark Gyro: Speaks for itself.
  • Sneak Gyro: This is not just a tool for setting up a stealth approach! It way better to use in in a huge teamfight on the actual point! Not for the stealth, but for the aoe blind spamming. You wont be in stealth if you keep attacking so you still contribute to capping. Keep up Shredder Gyro and hammer 2 in it to throw out lots of blinds for your team, a great way to mitigate zerg-burst on your team.
  • Example combo when I want to ambush someone or +1 a teammate: Stealth Gyro to sneak up to someone, pre-pop Shredder Gyro right before going in, throw Hammer 5 on opponent and follow up with Hammer 3 and 2. This usually does 50-70% of enemy HP.

Strengths:

• Don't chase, your better off playing near a teammate. Don't forget: every wirl/leap/blast finisher your teammates cast through your fields helps them as well.
  • Great at stomping and ressing with the updated F5 by double ressing/stomp by yourself (F5 + the regular stomp/res)! Also Sneak Gyro for stealth.
  • Very strong vs anything projectile based (Hammer 2 and 5 and Defence shield)
  • Works great vs. your average condi builds if you time your reflective abilties and (many) cleanses. The retarded amount of cleansing give you the edge.
  • Drop your Spare capacitator (aoe daze and another lightning field) and your Chemical field (poison to lower enemy healing) in the teamfights! Both are more fields for you and your teammates.

Weaknesses:

• No stability. You need to anticipate incomming CC. Warriors will wreck you in a 1v1, they just do. I often survive and fully recover from the first stun(s), but then won't survive the 2nd wave of stuns/interupts/rampage. Skilled holo's can also 90-100% you their CC chain if they catch you off guard. Their skills are very animated though, so if you can anticipate (e.g. dodge or pre-pop your Bullwark gyro) you have a good chance vs them. All Scourges are fairly easy but if you get caught in a double fear without Purge or Medic Gyro up, you might die. Same goes for a Ranger's knock-back and a Shatter Mesmer's interrupt and burst, but most of all this can be pretty easily survived if you stay on your toes and have map/positioning awareness.

I've been trying something like that but with EG, Shreder gyro and Blast gyro as utilities so you have some range+weakness and 2 stunbreaks.

It's fun, as you said, it will not be neta, but it's fun and surprise and kill lots of people expecting a wet noodle scrapper xD