Seal Area + Pulmonary Impact Issue

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Seal area preparation is a nice addition however there are bugs with it (see my recent thread about it) when using DD on interupt traits and possibly On interupt runes or sigil etc.

The PI trait doesn't have an internal CD unless it's a defiance bar monster on other skills however when testing the usage possibilities against zerg fights in wvw with our trusty heartseeker spammers (and infamous Aikijinx) we came across some bugs.

Primarily that seal area, while it's activated, can still allow enemies to enter or exit if they push through or leap skills/charge skills...this is without stunbreaks, evades or stability mind you...its something to be addressed if it has any hope to stay in my skillbar...not to count for the fact that preparations can bug out and never activate anyway despite staying red in ready mode.

Then the awesome thing...seal area can prevent skill usage if someone using an unprotected (anti interupt buffs) skill and be interupted which does and should proc on-interupt traits, skills, runes and sigils...the issue is that despite the enemy getting inside sometimes with HS spam, it only allows 1 to 2 PI trigger from intrupting HSs.

Several times and several classes have been used and we even staged it where no one got inside...but it wont proc everytime an interupt is triggered

This needs to be addressed as a whole, not just one bug but rather both.

I would be happy to help people test it further in game. NA only

Ok, so that explains some of the problems I've been having with it. I had always assumed they had stab on when they jump or walked out of it. I haven't played with it enough to test the other problems, but I'll take your guys word for it since you did multiple tests. Did you also submit into bug forum?

@DemonSeed.3528 said:Ok, so that explains some of the problems I've been having with it. I had always assumed they had stab on when they jump or walked out of it. I haven't played with it enough to test the other problems, but I'll take your guys word for it since you did multiple tests. Did you also submit into bug forum?

I did, just needed to let thief bros know

@"Lithril Ashwalker.6230" said:Primarily that seal area, while it's activated, can still allow enemies to enter or exit if they push through or leap skills/charge skills...this is without stunbreaks, evades or stability mind youIts unblockable, not undodgeable like Line of Warding or Static Field (not stated in the skill description), thats a difference. How about using ports / blinks / shadow steps? I'd expect, that the player will get outside but still recieves the small knock-back effect? If I'm up to date, there are several similar issues with other area denial skills as well for a long time, so I wouldn't place my bet on Anet to fix it quickly (prolly would need a total overhaul in area denial skill mechanics).

Then the awesome thing...seal area can prevent skill usage if someone using an unprotected (anti interupt buffs) skill and be interupted which does and should proc on-interupt traits, skills, runes and sigils...the issue is that despite the enemy getting inside sometimes with HS spam, it only allows 1 to 2 PI trigger from intrupting HSs.

Several times and several classes have been used and we even staged it where no one got inside...but it wont proc everytime an interupt is triggeredLike e. g. Sigil of Absorption. Atm there are so many false tool tips around that I wouldn't be suprised. They prolly just forgot to add it in the tool tip when they added the idc that obviously didn't exist siome time ago:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/2632/current-pulmonary-impact-has-to-go

@enkidu.5937 said:

@"Lithril Ashwalker.6230" said:Primarily that seal area, while it's activated, can still allow enemies to enter or exit if they push through or leap skills/charge skills...this is without stunbreaks, evades or stability mind youIts unblockable, not undodgeable like Line of Warding or Static Field (not stated in the skill description), thats a difference. How about using ports / blinks / shadow steps? I'd expect, that the player will get outside but still recieves the small knock-back effect? If I'm up to date, there are several similar issues with other area denial skills as well for a long time, so I wouldn't place my bet on Anet to fix it quickly (prolly would need a total overhaul in area denial skill mechanics).

Several times and several classes have been used and we even staged it where no one got inside...but it wont proc everytime an interupt is triggeredLike e. g. Sigil of Absorption. Atm there are so many false tool tips around that I wouldn't be suprised. They prolly just forgot to add it in the tool tip when they added the idc that obviously didn't exist siome time ago:

shadowsteps etc work as usual, and of course dodge - didnt know the dodge worked but hell, if using skills can get you through what the hell is the point in having the skill anyway act as it does??!! - they need an overhaul for stuff like this and ring of warding and staff 5 on guard...etc.

the on interrupt however doesnt have an icd. its the seal thats messing with it as its bugged